Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2010, 01:26 PM   #201
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
I hear you that's one thing, but Hitler didn't take over Paris and raise a rainbow flag on top of the Eiffel Tower - you know?
lol
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:41 PM   #202
Agamemnon
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
THe thing is that it'd be a little more fun if you didn't drop a nuke every day. I mean kamikaze or something because I'm not going to spend 50 bucks a month battling you.

Slow your roll a bit man you don't need to nuke people with 1000 troops. I could understand if I had 15,000. Jolinar is like that kid that takes a slapshot 3 feet in front of the net in street hockey. Valid move? Sure, unnecessary though.Then I'm the kid that has to run a mile to get the tennis ball back every time.
If you had more territories than he did, and more resources, he wouldn't be able to do that to you without learning that you'll do it back.

I figure if I nuke Jonesy twice for every nuke I receive, that'll learn him a lesson. Takes time (dedication) to build up your territories.
Agamemnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:49 PM   #203
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Jonesy your time has come... you nuked me around 2-4 times and I didn't nuke you once. You're my only target for the next few weeks.

Oh, and that massive area just NE of Calgary is my buddy Dic, he kicked off the nuking craze last night after you poisoned him on the highway back from Fernie. Once I have a few more rural areas I should be able to nuke you every day!
We were looking at that area NE of calgary ... it is such an impressive chunk of land that we debated if it was a hack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
If you had more territories than he did, and more resources, he wouldn't be able to do that to you without learning that you'll do it back.

I figure if I nuke Jonesy twice for every nuke I receive, that'll learn him a lesson. Takes time (dedication) to build up your territories.
Exactly. The key is to take an afternoon and find a rural section of unclaimed land. Rural land is good because it's all spaced out in grid format anyway. Doesn't take long to build up a nice chunk. Even if you can get enough to nuke him once a week he'll back off.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:04 PM   #204
Raoul Duke
Farm Team Player

Exp:

That's the thing, my resources never seem to go up. It'll have a nightly production of a certain amount but the tools one - I have 2 total. It doesn't move and hasn't since day one. Even when I had an area that was supposed to increase that production.

I'm also doing this thing on foot, so I'm kind of pigeonholed for now. When it warms up, it'll be on. But I stood outside in the freaking cold down my back alley to take another area, wind howling looking like a drug dealer - only to lose it right away.
Raoul Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:51 PM   #205
jolinar of malkshor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
You named your area "Gay Country"?
It's your money, I'll just have it back by the end of the day. In fact, I might just venture further into your "capital".
No, I named your area "Gay Country".

And feel free to venture into my "capital". That is what the game is about.
jolinar of malkshor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:25 PM   #206
jolinar of malkshor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
THe thing is that it'd be a little more fun if you didn't drop a nuke every day. I mean kamikaze or something because I'm not going to spend 50 bucks a month battling you.

Slow your roll a bit man you don't need to nuke people with 1000 troops. I could understand if I had 15,000. Jolinar is like that kid that takes a slapshot 3 feet in front of the net in street hockey. Valid move? Sure, unnecessary though.Then I'm the kid that has to run a mile to get the tennis ball back every time.
Why would you have to spend $50? Also, what is the point of me kamikazing you when the end result is the same as a nuke?

I don't see Kybosh, Oilersfan, Republic of Awesome dude, Jenny, ffmf or any anone else I have attacked whine and complain. Suck it up princess....this is war.

Last edited by jolinar of malkshor; 01-25-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:38 PM   #207
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolinar of malkshor View Post
Why would you have to spend $50? Also, what is the point of me kamikazing you when the end result is the same as a nuke?

I don't see Kybosh, Oilersfan, Republic of Awesome dude, Jenny, ffmf or any anone else I have attacked whine and complain. Suck it up princess....this is war.
None of us complain because we know you work for CSIS or something and might call a hit on us . By the way, your acts today will not go unpunished.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:06 PM   #208
Captain Chuckles
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Talk about resource starved, I play the game with an iPod touch (beta versions run on it). I can only take over territories with wifi. So far my house, the Crowfoot Library and downtown (the dlink router there is 50/50 whether or not it is up). I can't attack people often, but when I do, it feels REAL good. I owe Jonesy a nuke too (and I work with him)!
Captain Chuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:33 PM   #209
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

So I'm trying to view my reports to see exactly which territories Jolinar has stolen from me, but I keep getting an "error parsing message" popup. Anyone else?
Old 01-26-2010, 06:14 PM   #210
Captain Chuckles
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_fan View Post
So I'm trying to view my reports to see exactly which territories Jolinar has stolen from me, but I keep getting an "error parsing message" popup. Anyone else?
Heh, yeah oops. I left our development files open and I believe my 16 month daughter hit the keyboard and uploaded it, as well as unleashing hell on my computer. It is fine now!
Captain Chuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Chuckles For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2010, 06:58 PM   #211
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks!

But is that the real reason? Blaming your daughter? Come on!

That reminds me of the story of my little cousin who is like 9 years old or something. His mom lets him play with their iPhone, and he claims that he dropped the iPhone one day, and an app was accidentally purchased in the process of it hitting the ground, LOL.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:24 AM   #212
Raoul Duke
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolinar of malkshor View Post

Because to buy resources, you have to spend money.
Or you do not. It's a game, not war.If you think it's a war you're being the "Hitler into Czechoslovakia, let alone Paris." you're trying too hard too early.

But in the end, like the kid that calls war on everyone - chances are you're effed. Why nuke when you can kamikaze? You're the kid that takes things way too far.

I'm telling you this for your own good.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:29 AM   #213
Raoul Duke
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Like the makers said, they plan to alliance things. Guess who's on hit list Number One in Edmonton?

Jolinar
Old 01-27-2010, 04:25 AM   #214
jolinar of malkshor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Like the makers said, they plan to alliance things. Guess who's on hit list Number One in Edmonton?

Jolinar
Bring it.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:35 AM   #215
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Because to buy resources, you have to spend money.
Or you do not. It's a game, not war.If you think it's a war you're being the "Hitler into Czechoslovakia, let alone Paris." you're trying too hard too early.

But in the end, like the kid that calls war on everyone - chances are you're effed. Why nuke when you can kamikaze? You're the kid that takes things way too far.

I'm telling you this for your own good.
You don't have to spend money. The more territories you have, the more resources you will be able to accumulate each night.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:06 PM   #216
Raoul Duke
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_fan View Post
You don't have to spend money. The more territories you have, the more resources you will be able to accumulate each night.
Yeah, that's a novel idea if it actually worked. My resources don't move at all despite what it says about "nightly production". Been at this game since Christmas - never throw attacks and stand at a grand total of 2 on the "Supplies" resource. Never moves.
Seems like a bit of a scam to me, hate to be that guy but thing won't increase here's a link to "purchase more". Especially when Joleen (which is a girls name) is throwing nukes on 15 people a day.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:41 PM   #217
Berger_4_
First Line Centre

Exp:

Jesus you're bitter man.

Also, KTrain, if you'd invest in an iPhone for me, I would happily purchase your app. It works out good for both of us doncha think?

If you took a burger off the grill and slapped it on your face, I'm pretty sure it would burn you. - kermitology
Berger_4_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:15 PM   #218
Raoul Duke
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Bitter, no. Petty, probably.

It's bitter to mention when things don't work? The resources don't add, but perhaps I should shut up about it and never let the people that made the game know about it. That way they can fix the issue via ESP.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:22 PM   #219
jolinar of malkshor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, that's a novel idea if it actually worked. My resources don't move at all despite what it says about "nightly production". Been at this game since Christmas - never throw attacks and stand at a grand total of 2 on the "Supplies" resource. Never moves.
Seems like a bit of a scam to me, hate to be that guy but thing won't increase here's a link to "purchase more". Especially when Joleen (which is a girls name) is throwing nukes on 15 people a day.

You are going to blame the makers of the game because you suck? FYI - there is a button in the settings where you can email the developers with any problems you have.

If this game is making your life so miserable just quit playing. Actually, I feel like going for a walk directly West.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:31 PM   #220
Raoul Duke
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Yeah, I should be more skilled in making the resources actually move. Go for your faggy walk, it's your territory - have fun in the cold bitch. I'm done with it until it's fixed.