Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2009, 09:16 PM   #201
TSXCman
First Line Centre

Exp:

nice pass by lundmark, stuart had some speed.
TSXCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:25 PM   #202
FoxMulder91
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
heat vs rochester

Nice feed from Backlund to Seabrook on the 6th goal..thanks for posting this.
FoxMulder91 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FoxMulder91 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2009, 09:27 PM   #203
jeremywilhelm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

To be honest, this looks exactly like the big club the last couple years with Keenan and Playfair in charge.

I'm not the biggest fan of Playfair, yeah, he is great for our defensive propsects, but looking at this team, he just seems clueless for coaching any type of offensive players. Trap trap trap. It's boring and annoying.
jeremywilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:22 PM   #204
FoxMulder91
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywilhelm View Post
To be honest, this looks exactly like the big club the last couple years with Keenan and Playfair in charge.

I'm not the biggest fan of Playfair, yeah, he is great for our defensive propsects, but looking at this team, he just seems clueless for coaching any type of offensive players. Trap trap trap. It's boring and annoying.
What happened late in the third?
I was checking the score once in a while on the AHL website..saw we scored and were up 1-0 with like 9 minutes left..refreshed the page later and we were down 2-1 with around 4 minutes left.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:46 PM   #205
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wahl with 2G
Howse 1G
Nemisz 2A
Canada 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:54 PM   #206
jeremywilhelm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulder91 View Post
What happened late in the third?
I was checking the score once in a while on the AHL website..saw we scored and were up 1-0 with like 9 minutes left..refreshed the page later and we were down 2-1 with around 4 minutes left.
Americans scored shorthanded. Abby players were being extremely lazy on the PP. Got hemmed in their own zone 4 on 5.

Then Backlund coughs up the puck a couple minutes later, under no pressure in the high slot. There was only one player within 10 feet of him and he tries to do a little dipsy doodle instead of just passing it out of the zone and 3 seconds later it is in the back of the net.

Like i said, the Heat look just like the Flames of the previous 2 years. Lazy, disinterested if they arent scoring, and hoping that Irving will just bail them out in the defensive zone.

It's no wonder they have a little fanbase. Their style of play is boring at best.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeremywilhelm For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2009, 01:10 AM   #207
FoxMulder91
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada 02 View Post
Wahl with 2G
Howse 1G
Nemisz 2A
Just to add on, Bennett was a -2 in a 5-4 loss.
Bouma was a even in a 4-0 loss..he finished with 12 penalty minutes including a 10 minute misconduct.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:44 PM   #208
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywilhelm View Post
I sure hope Backlund can pick up his game this year. He is really underwhelming. I'm kind of dissapointed.
Sounds like expectations were out of whack then.

Coming into the season his consistency and strength were questioned. Personally I had him pencilled in to Abbotsford long before training camp and gave him almost no chance to make the Flames.

Its not surprising to me in the slightest that he has been inconsistent in a league that is mostly composed of older, more experienced and stronger players. Dominating 16-19 year olds at age 19 doesn't necessarily mean you can step into the AHL at age 20 and dominate players in their mid-20's.

Wouldn't surprise me if Nemisz had a larger immediate impact in the pros because he's much bigger and stronger already. Backlund's a solid prospect but its as if some ppl expect him to be a franchise type player. I don't think he's that guy, and I don't think he's as far ahead of Nemisz as some believe.

I wouldn't be too worried this early into his pro career. Have a little patience with the kid or lower the immediate expectations imo. I'm expecting him to compete for a spot on the Flames next year or the year after. If he struggles this whole season and part of the next, thats when I'd start to be worried.
Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flames Draft Watcher For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2009, 10:21 PM   #209
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Look at it this way guys, playing the majority of his minutes with dedicated checkers/grinders/agitators/fighters he's put up about as many points as everybody on the team not named Jaffray.

He'll be fine... just needs time to grow is all.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:58 PM   #210
jeremywilhelm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
Look at it this way guys, playing the majority of his minutes with dedicated checkers/grinders/agitators/fighters he's put up about as many points as everybody on the team not named Jaffray.

He'll be fine... just needs time to grow is all.
I never mentioned anything about points. Im talking about how the kid plays.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeremywilhelm For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2009, 06:29 AM   #211
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

heat vs rochester part II

Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vulcan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2009, 10:10 AM   #212
Freeway
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
Wouldn't surprise me if Nemisz had a larger immediate impact in the pros because he's much bigger and stronger already. Backlund's a solid prospect but its as if some ppl expect him to be a franchise type player. I don't think he's that guy, and I don't think he's as far ahead of Nemisz as some believe.
The thing about Nemisz could also be mental. Nemisz has grown up around the North American game and been a huge, huge part of the Windsor Spitfires' success. That's gotta help your deveopment.

"Does a great job covering the Flames" - Elliotte Friedman
Freeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:20 PM   #213
Flame4Ever
RIP Mickey

Exp:

TJ Brodie with a good game last night. His commitment to being more polished in his own end is really showing since he's arrived in Barrie.

Incidentally, I got the opportunity to marvel at how dominant Darren Archibald is now. The guy is simply the best PF in the OHL. His rapid progression curve is reminding me a lot of Wayne Simmonds. I would be absolutely shocked if this guy didn't get picked in this draft he is a dominant force at both ends of the ice and does everything you expect a big man to do: score, crunch people, and drop the mits. What really sets him apart is the fact that he shows a strong commitment to defensive play. He also is tied for the league lead with 5 GWG. 28 pts in 23 GP this season.

Last edited by Flame4Ever; 12-13-2009 at 12:47 AM. Reason: spelling
Flame4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flame4Ever For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2009, 10:09 AM   #214
jeremywilhelm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The Giants stomped the Bruins the other night, 5-0. Howse line was the only line that didnt end up a minus.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:18 PM   #215
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Found a news bit on Aaron Marvin, whose having a terrible season so far at least statistically...

http://www.sctimes.com/article/20091...20/1002/SPORTS
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:21 PM   #216
TSXCman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame4Ever View Post
TJ Brodie with a good game last night. His commitment to being more polished in his own end is really showing since he's arrived in Barrie.

Incidentally, I got the opportunity to marvel at how dominant Darren Archibald is now. The guy is simply the best PF in the OHL. His rapid progression curve is reminding me a lot of Wayne Simmonds. I would be absolutely shocked if this guy didn't get picked in this draft he is a dominant force at both ends of the ice and does everything you expect a bi man to do: score, crunch people, and drop the mits. What really sets him apart is the fact that he shows a strong commitment to defensive play. He also is tied for the league lead with 5 GWG. 28 pts in 23 GP this season.
And have lovers of both sexes
TSXCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:58 AM   #217
FoxMulder91
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Howse had two goals and was a +3
Patterson had a goal and was a +1
Bouma had a goal and was a -1
Wahl was a -2
Old 12-13-2009, 09:28 PM   #218
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nemisz with a strong showing in the Team Canada Camp

Quote:
Nemisz, a force all night with his physical play and forechecking, made it 3-1 when he jammed a puck past Roy at the side of the net at 13:46.
http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=302303
Canada 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Canada 02 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2009, 08:43 PM   #219
Ziggy Lidstrom
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada 02 View Post
Nemisz with a strong showing in the Team Canada Camp

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=302303
Second update from camp and Nemisz scored two and two helpers.

I don't know why panelists have been speculating that this team will have trouble scoring, but if this camp is any indication, we might see Nemisz have a huge tourney.

http://tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/story/?id=302402

And man Cuma has zero luck at these camps, sheesh.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:51 AM   #220
FoxMulder91
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Patterson had a goal, an assist and finished +1 in a 4-1 win.
Wahl had two goals and finished a +1 in 3-2 win.

According to the WHL website Bennett did not play for the Portland Winterhawks tonight, so he might be hurt.

Tags
flames rule , ha ha stupid oilers , heat rules , oilers stink , oilers suck