Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 01:11 PM   #201
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

bunch of people saying its not him now
Old 08-23-2011, 01:28 PM   #202
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane_phaneuf View Post
I'm sure it had nothing to do with the extra 40k a week Chelsea offered that Spurs and Arsenal didn't

The Modric article should sound condescending, and what it's likely going to end up with is him getting an extra 15-20k a week
Oh, Mata was definitely cashing in. Hes in a precarious spot right now, hes not quite good enough to supplant any of the big names in Spain's midfield, and hes not going to be chased by Barca to win everything all the time, so he might as well get paid.

I dont know why they deny it. "I went to Chelsea for more money, who are we kidding?"

As for Modric, again, cash. Its all about the money, and Harry has a point, someone offers to triple your pay to play on a 'bigger/better' team, despite the fact that those claims are arguable and dubious at best, you're definitely interested.

That said, I wouldnt stand to be condescended to like that. He makes Modric sounds like an airheaded idiot or a petulant child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I didn't think he was outstanding but thought he was the only player who showed up. Had a few nice runs and was the only guy setting up anything. I still can't believe Defoe cracked the post on a wide open net. He needs to be sold ASAP.
Its the same old Spurs problem, nobody can consistently put the ball in the net. Defoe cracked the post with a wide open net, VdV was firing field goal attempts all night and Lennon has the game IQ of a Neanderthal.

'Have ball. Go forward. Fast.' Thats where it ends.

Adebayor would certainly take Spurs to another level, and he'd never have to complain about playing time because he'd be the only dependable striker they've got, he would have to play all the time.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

The World Ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. - Flames Fans

Life is pain. Anyone who says differently is selling something. - The Dread Pirate Roberts
Old 08-23-2011, 03:43 PM   #203
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

official

itvfootball ITV Football
ITV 'understands' that #Adebayor is currently sliding on his knees all the way from Manchester to north London. #thfc

itvfootball ITV Football
Spurs have signed #Adebayor on loan #thfc

@MirrorFootball
MirrorFootball
BREAKING: Spurs have completed loan signing of Emmanuel Adebayor
Old 08-23-2011, 03:49 PM   #204
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
official

itvfootball ITV Football
ITV 'understands' that #Adebayor is currently sliding on his knees all the way from Manchester to north London. #thfc

itvfootball ITV Football
Spurs have signed #Adebayor on loan #thfc

@MirrorFootball
MirrorFootball
BREAKING: Spurs have completed loan signing of Emmanuel Adebayor
Thats a good signing for Spurs. Lets see how it works out.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

The World Ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. - Flames Fans

Life is pain. Anyone who says differently is selling something. - The Dread Pirate Roberts
Old 08-23-2011, 03:59 PM   #205
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Adebayor,
Adebayooooooor!
We are quite sorry,
for the song we sung before.

Adebayor,
Adebayooooooor!
That was unfortunate,
but we won't sing it any more!
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2011, 08:59 AM   #206
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Harry Redknapp press conf: "I'd be lying if I sat here and said I wouldn't have Joe Cole at the club."

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2011, 09:00 AM   #207
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Harry Redknapp press conf: "I'd be lying if I sat here and said I wouldn't have Joe Cole at the club."

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Do it!

Old 08-24-2011, 09:27 AM   #208
cheevers
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

It's a good thing that he's not one of those managers that talks about other teams players, right 'Arry!
Old 08-24-2011, 09:44 AM   #209
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheevers View Post
It's a good thing that he's not one of those managers that talks about other teams players, right 'Arry!
I think it's ok for a couple reasons, Liverpool have basically said he can leave for free

but also, managing spurs is 'Arry's second job really, it takes a back seat in priority to talking to sky/talksport
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2011, 11:15 AM   #210
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton
Going for a medical now, still no contract offer from NUFC.......think that just about makes my mind up.

it's at QPR
Old 08-24-2011, 12:27 PM   #211
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nasri : 'Arsenal have good fans but not that passionate since they moved from Highbury to the Emirates.' .
Old 08-24-2011, 12:30 PM   #212
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Should be pointed out that he never played a game for Arsenal at Highbury the Library
Old 08-24-2011, 12:46 PM   #213
Finny61
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Looks like Lille is telling everyone to piss off as Hazard is going nowhere this season. Wenger will have to go to the MLS to buy players maybe.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #214
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finny61 View Post
Looks like Lille is telling everyone to piss off as Hazard is going nowhere this season. Wenger will have to go to the MLS to buy players maybe.
Wenger's problem is that hes waited too long. All the big clubs have been doing this business months ago, now any value in the transfer market is totally gone and all thats left available are scraps and hard cases.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:04 PM   #215
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

disagree on that

the last day of the window can offer some big bargains for some wheeler dealers
Old 08-24-2011, 01:08 PM   #216
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
disagree on that

the last day of the window can offer some big bargains for some wheeler dealers
Not always. I would say that they're the rare exception, particularly in the summer transfer window.

And he doesnt like to be called a 'Wheeler Dealer.' He got lucky with the Dutchman.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:12 PM   #217
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

He had nothing to do with Rafa either, that was all Levy

I am fully expecting some combination or possibly all of his favorites come August 31 though

Cole/Parket/Phil Neville
Old 08-24-2011, 01:34 PM   #218
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
He had nothing to do with Rafa either, that was all Levy

I am fully expecting some combination or possibly all of his favorites come August 31 though

Cole/Parket/Phil Neville
Of all that, Parker would be a good move for the right price.

Take Joe Cole. Come on. Do it. Liverpool gave you that nice Europa League spot last season, time to return the favour!

And who knows, he might actually play for you guys. Hes done nothing for Liverpool.

Old 08-25-2011, 09:38 AM   #219
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Real Madrid midfielder Lassana Diarra has ruled out a move to Tottenham Hotspur amid reports the clubs were close to agreeing a transfer fee.

But on Thursday, the 26-year-old poured cold water on such claims, telling AS: "The information about my departure is a lie. There is no agreement with Tottenham and I do not think there will be."
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...witch-?cc=5901

I guess 'Arry keeps on Wheeling and Dealing.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:35 AM   #220
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Arsenal have had a loan bid rejected for Real Madrid midfielder Kaka.

Manager Arsene Wenger tried to act quickly to appease fans in the wake of Samir Nasri’s move to Manchester City, which followed Cesc Fabregas’s switch to Barcelona.

Wenger must now decide whether to try and buy Kaka, with Real boss Jose Mourinho known to be keen to off-load him.

Real want to get his £153,000-a-week salary off the books. They will want at least £17.5million.

Signing Kaka, 29, would be a statement of intent by Wenger, although the Frenchman would be loath to spend so much on a player with little resale value.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1W3j1h4O3

This is a pretty clear 'Hail Mary' pass here.

On the one hand, if you can get Kaka for £17.5M and he plays like he did, or even close to like he did for Milan, then thats a great deal.

On the other hand, if you get the overpaid, oft-injured Kaka of recent form, then that is a hosing of the highest order.

Closed Thread