Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2008, 01:49 PM   #201
SarichFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Anyone else have issues synching their Wireless 360 Guitar? I stopped playing a couple days and now it's out of sync and I can't re-sync it.

I go through all the steps, but no luck! I don't think I'd be able to exchange the thing where I bought it because it's so hard to find.
SarichFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:01 PM   #202
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

i'm pretty good at medium, finished my career getting 4 or 5 stars on every song, but i get absolutely raped when i try hard. i can manage to do 3 of the first songs (barely managing 3 stars) but i just can't get past that Poison song. everytime i get to the solo is where i bomb out, trying to move my hand back and fourth that quickly to hit the orange button is just impossible for me. even when i try to practice the song on slow mode i still can't do it. so frustrating
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:03 PM   #203
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
i'm pretty good at medium, finished my career getting 4 or 5 stars on every song, but i get absolutely raped when i try hard. i can manage to do 3 of the first songs (barely managing 3 stars) but i just can't get past that Poison song. everytime i get to the solo is where i bomb out, trying to move my hand back and fourth that quickly to hit the orange button is just impossible for me. even when i try to practice the song on slow mode i still can't do it. so frustrating
this is exactly where i live as well. the transition to the orange button just kills me on any of these games. so i'm stuck on medium.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:08 PM   #204
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

If GH3 is your first Guitar Hero game, I really pity anyone who is trying to make the medium-hard transition. GH3 on hard is just absolutely brutal -- it's almost as tough as GH2 on expert. If you have it, try learning how to play with the orange button on GH2 first before trying to play GH3 on hard.

Also, another tip: if you're used to medium, you're probably in the habit of leaving your index finger on the Green button and then never having to move your fingers. On hard, the default position should be to have your index finger on Red, since it's stronger than your pinky and it's easier to have your index finger doing double-duty on green/red than it is for your pinky to do blue/orange. Depending on the section of the song, you'll shift your hand back and forth with index green/pinky blue and index red/pinky orange. With practice, it will come naturally to you when to switch hand positions.

Last edited by MarchHare; 01-13-2008 at 10:11 PM.
MarchHare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:22 PM   #205
Dan02
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchHare View Post
If GH3 is your first Guitar Hero game, I really pity anyone who is trying to make the medium-hard transition. GH3 on hard is just absolutely brutal -- it's almost as tough as GH2 on expert. If you have it, try learning how to play with the orange button on GH2 first before trying to play GH3 on hard.
noticed this as well, have some friends who learned on GH2 on PS2 and they are MILES ahead of us who have tried to make the transition from medium to hard on GH3.
Dan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:46 AM   #206
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Personally I found hard on GH2 to be harder than 3.. Perhaps I was better by the time I tried it, but I flew through it way faster than on 2.. The last couple of songs are definately tougher (slayer) but overall I found the GH3 hard to be easier.. People having a tough time making the transition from medium to hard should remember the groove on the yellow button, it helps when you get moving back and forth quickly to remember where your fingers are..
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:25 PM   #207
Dan02
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
Personally I found hard on GH2 to be harder than 3.. Perhaps I was better by the time I tried it, but I flew through it way faster than on 2.. The last couple of songs are definately tougher (slayer) but overall I found the GH3 hard to be easier.. People having a tough time making the transition from medium to hard should remember the groove on the yellow button, it helps when you get moving back and forth quickly to remember where your fingers are..

dunno i went and played some GH2 with them and I was miles better on that as well. Maybe it's not easier but it seems slower.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:12 PM   #208
SarichFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

So nobody has had syncing issues with the Wireless Guitar? I really want to get into it again but this is really pissing me off.

Why would it just not sync anymore?
Old 01-14-2008, 05:33 PM   #209
Dan02
Franchise Player

Exp:

I played on my friends xbox after playing on my Wii and it definately was having big time sync issues, they didn't seem to notice beacuse they were used to it but it was slaying me.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:42 PM   #210
SarichFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan02 View Post
I played on my friends xbox after playing on my Wii and it definately was having big time sync issues, they didn't seem to notice beacuse they were used to it but it was slaying me.
That's different than what my problem is, I can't even get it to connect to the system.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:32 PM   #211
Fobby
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Two songs that owns me. One, and Raining Blood. Gah.
Fobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:57 PM   #212
Dan02
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fobby View Post
definately the hardest of the normal songs that's for sure.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:08 PM   #213
Flaming Choy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fobby View Post
oo yeah, took me a while to get through them on hard, now i'm stuck on lou

can't even imagine those on expert.
Flaming Choy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:58 AM   #214
CrispyGriz
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan02 View Post
dunno i went and played some GH2 with them and I was miles better on that as well. Maybe it's not easier but it seems slower.
My take is that the bulk of the songs are harder in GH3 but the solos in GH2 are by far more difficult to pull off.
CrispyGriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:00 PM   #215
SarichFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Looks like i'll have to send in my Les Paul to Red Octane for a replacement... Son of a.

Got my RMA#, ect... Are there any cheap wired Guitars I can pick up for the 360 to use temporarily?
Old 01-16-2008, 09:32 PM   #216
Ro
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Choy View Post
oo yeah, took me a while to get through them on hard, now i'm stuck on lou
Good luck with that. I'm probably at 500+ attempts now.

One time I hit all three of the battle-ups but before I could unleash them on him he nailed me with one and I lost. That was just one time though. The other 499 were not as enthralling. I know I can catch that effing dragon though. Man.
Ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:48 PM   #217
Flaming Choy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro View Post
Good luck with that. I'm probably at 500+ attempts now.

One time I hit all three of the battle-ups but before I could unleash them on him he nailed me with one and I lost. That was just one time though. The other 499 were not as enthralling. I know I can catch that effing dragon though. Man.
nice, I've never come close to hit the the first 3 battle-ups. I just gave up for now and went on to doing as many expert songs as possible.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:33 AM   #218
STAMPEDRED
Scoring Winger

Exp:

i got through medium with 4 and 5 stars. hard is pretty much 3 stars the whole way. I'm stuck on Knights of Cambodia! Argghh!

Super fun game either way!
STAMPEDRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:10 AM   #219
Flaming Choy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by STAMPEDRED View Post
i got through medium with 4 and 5 stars. hard is pretty much 3 stars the whole way. I'm stuck on Knights of Cambodia! Argghh!

Super fun game either way!
For knights of cydonia, makes sure to alt. strum the long run notes (string of all greens...ect), and save your star power for the "scales" part. Might get you a crappy score, but should pass it. then prepare to cry when you try the slayer song.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:50 PM   #220
STAMPEDRED
Scoring Winger

Exp:

i passed knights of cambodia and 3's and 7's FINALLY, and now I'm really crying! I got through the Eric Clapton song barely, and thought i was doing good until all those crazy solos. Time for some expert on the easier songs first now... i need some dignity back!
STAMPEDRED is offline   Reply With Quote