Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #201
Husky
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinIggyWithIt View Post
Yeah I think flames.com credited Knight with that goal in their article but it looked to me like Nemisz redirected the pass in front.

A part of me would still like to see Nemisz get called up for a short stint with the Flames. I'd like to see him get one more shot on the 3rd or 4th line to see if he can still turn into an NHL player...although that window of opportunity with the Flames seems to have gotten very, very tiny for him.
I don't agree. Nemisz is a big body RW. Something the Flames lack in prospects on the right side going forward. I still see him as a potential solid bottom 6 forward for the Flames. Decent hands, wont hurt you defensively and seems to be very good at board battles.
Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:00 PM   #202
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

That makes sense if Nemisz was the one who got put it in (which is what the official scoring summary says).
Old 10-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #203
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some praise for Breen

Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:28 PM   #204
GettinIggyWithIt
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky View Post
I don't agree. Nemisz is a big body RW. Something the Flames lack in prospects on the right side going forward. I still see him as a potential solid bottom 6 forward for the Flames. Decent hands, wont hurt you defensively and seems to be very good at board battles.
I assume you mean you don't agree with the last part of my statement (i.e. Nemisz window of opportunity is getting smaller...)? I am not sure how you can disagree with that. All signs point to him falling further and further on the depth chart and his opportunities dwindling. He was one of the first cuts from training camp and he was only signed to a one year contract this season. I'd say he's got a short window of opportunity to make an impression or he's gone at the end of the season.

That's why I'm hoping he gets a call up and a chance to earn a spot.
GettinIggyWithIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:38 PM   #205
Husky
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I assume you mean you don't agree with the last part of my statement (i.e. Nemisz window of opportunity is getting smaller...)? I am not sure how you can disagree with that. All signs point to him falling further and further on the depth chart and his opportunities dwindling. He was one of the first cuts from training camp and he was only signed to a one year contract this season. I'd say he's got a short window of opportunity to make an impression or he's gone at the end of the season.

That's why I'm hoping he gets a call up and a chance to earn a spot.
I would be surprised if the Flames cut ties with him after this year. His window of opportunity would be shrinking if the Flames had any RW prospects. Poirier and that is really it for now. Nemisz role will be that of a bottom 6 forward. I think it would be different if he was a skilled small guy like Byron whom the Flames seem to be drafting more of these days.
Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:44 PM   #206
GettinIggyWithIt
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Fair enough - I could see the Flames making a few more moves to add prospects on RW this year or trying to convert some forwards to RW's if they don't feel they have the depth and skill with their current group. I really hope Nemisz is able to bounce back. He's off to a good start and that certainly can't hurt. But I'd like to see both him and Colborne given a legitimate shot.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:24 PM   #207
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Last I noticed Hanowski plays RW but yeah I'd really like Nemisz to win a spot with the Flames.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #208
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah I think flames.com credited Knight with that goal in their article but it looked to me like Nemisz redirected the pass in front.

A part of me would still like to see Nemisz get called up for a short stint with the Flames. I'd like to see him get one more shot on the 3rd or 4th line to see if he can still turn into an NHL player...although that window of opportunity with the Flames seems to have gotten very, very tiny for him.
They must have listened to the PBP guy, he gave all the credit to Knight and never once mentioned the official scoring on the play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
Last I noticed Hanowski plays RW but yeah I'd really like Nemisz to win a spot with the Flames.
Hanowski is a natural LW that can play RW, in 3 games so far he has been playing LW. Blair Jones, Greg Nemisz, Paul Byron and Turner Elson were the RW for the first 2 games, Jooris shifted to RW when Jones got recalled.
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alberta_Beef For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2013, 07:38 PM   #209
GettinIggyWithIt
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Remind me again - has Horak played RW as well or is he a more natural C/LW?
Old 10-12-2013, 07:51 PM   #210
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Remind me again - has Horak played RW as well or is he a more natural C/LW?
Horak has been primarily RW when used as a wing. Or anytime I have seen him play wing.

He is natural C.
Drury18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Drury18 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2013, 08:04 PM   #211
GettinIggyWithIt
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury18 View Post
Horak has been primarily RW when used as a wing. Or anytime I have seen him play wing.

He is natural C.
Thanks - I knew he was a natural C but wasn't sure if he played on L or R when playing on the wings.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #212
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury18 View Post

He is natural C.
Horak has been playing LW this season, Byron has been RW on that line.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #213
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

How has Jooris looked like so far? Was impressed by him in the summer prospects camp and from what I read about him during training camp?

I would love for Nemisz to get a shot with the Flames if he keeps it up. He looked alright when he was called up at the end of the season a couple of years back. His numbers last two years don't flatter him though.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:42 PM   #214
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ward spoke very highly of Jooris on the FAN yesterday
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:43 PM   #215
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

also said Sieloff put him in the 4th row after Ward talked about playing with more aggression
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #216
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by agulati View Post
How has Jooris looked like so far? Was impressed by him in the summer prospects camp and from what I read about him during training camp?

I would love for Nemisz to get a shot with the Flames if he keeps it up. He looked alright when he was called up at the end of the season a couple of years back. His numbers last two years don't flatter him though.
Jooris has IMO been one of the best forwards, I think the only that have been better are Hanowski and Knight. He was bumped up to the top line for good reason.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alberta_Beef For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2013, 08:52 PM   #217
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

any update on Granlund? Still sidelined?
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:59 PM   #218
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_Beef View Post
Horak has been playing LW this season, Byron has been RW on that line.
Ward likes juggling doesn't he?
Old 10-12-2013, 09:01 PM   #219
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_Beef View Post
They must have listened to the PBP guy, he gave all the credit to Knight and never once mentioned the official scoring on the play

Hanowski is a natural LW that can play RW, in 3 games so far he has been playing LW. Blair Jones, Greg Nemisz, Paul Byron and Turner Elson were the RW for the first 2 games, Jooris shifted to RW when Jones got recalled.
Yeah, I know he shoots left but when we got him he was said to be a RW and I've seen him listed that way. I thought he played on the right side when he was up last season as well. Mistakes are made and changes happen but I was hoping he'd be a RW as it would be useful.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #220
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default 2013/14 General Heat Discussion Thread

Heat Goal!

Scorak!!! From Max Reinhart!

1-0 Heat in the 3rd