Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 09:54 AM   #2161
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Didn't know where else to put this.

On the fan this morning, when asked about Bouma and his disappointing play, loubardias mentioned that he has had issues with injury, frustrated by lack of on ice results, healthy scratches and uncertainty of his future, that might be causing him to hit a block. He included some sort of dust up at practice between him and Giordanother at practice on Pittsburgh a week or 2 back.

Anybody else hear anything about this issue from practice?
Old 02-23-2017, 09:55 AM   #2162
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

The thing with Gio was briefly mentioned during a game broadcast, and pretty much swept aside as no big deal.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:59 AM   #2163
Bear
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post

On the fan this morning, when asked about Bouma and his disappointing play, loubardias mentioned that he has had issues with injury, frustrated by lack of on ice results, healthy scratches and uncertainty of his future, that might be causing him to hit a block. He included some sort of dust up at practice between him and Giordanother at practice on Pittsburgh a week or 2 back.

Ball and Hrudey talked about it on air the next game. Both said it got pretty heated and one of them mentioned GG was happy to see the passion.

Gio is renowned for practicing hard so I'm sure its happened on many occasions. I personally like that the captain sets the tone like that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bear For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2017, 11:21 AM   #2164
Fighting Banana Slug
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
If people are expecting that we'll be able to fix the hole at right wing by getting a player who is both elite and affordable, they need to change their meds. Top-line players almost never become available in trades or in free agency, and second-tier veterans are almost always overpaid.

Want a top-six forward who isn't overpaid? Then you have to draft and develop him yourself. How's the Flames prospect cupboard looking at RW?
I don't think the argument against Abedelkater filling that hole has anything to do with medication.

He isn't elite. He isn't cheap.
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:25 AM   #2165
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Banana Slug View Post
I don't think the argument against Abedelkater filling that hole has anything to do with medication.

He isn't elite. He isn't cheap.
Yeah. Abdelkader isn't a top line player at all. Probably not even a good second liner
Old 02-23-2017, 11:25 AM   #2166
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Flames aren't trading for Soderberg with Brouwer on the payroll. Treliving doesn't make these kinds of mistakes twice.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:29 AM   #2167
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
Taylor Hall was traded for Adam Larsson. If Colorado is insisting on Brodie for Landeskog, they can have Brodie and nothing else. I don't need Landeskog on this roster that badly.
no kidding, they can pound sand if they want more than Brodie
Old 02-23-2017, 11:38 AM   #2168
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

I know I'm going to be in the minority here but I would much rather the Flames went after Kane instead of Landeskog. There's the whole LW vs. RW thing which makes Kane a better fit but there's also the cost of getting these guys. I would really hate to part with Brodie just for Landeskog, I think a higher end D is worth more than a winger. Contract wise, I think Brodies has to be one of the best values for a top 4 dman in the league (other than rookies). The other thing is that the Flames seem to have enough stability with leadership to help keep Kane focused or on the right track. I don't think Gio would throw Kane's track suit in the shower.

I think Kane could be had at a much better acquisition cost, will have a better contract and will be a better fit.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:40 AM   #2169
Par
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
Taylor Hall was traded for Adam Larsson. If Colorado is insisting on Brodie for Landeskog, they can have Brodie and nothing else. I don't need Landeskog on this roster that badly.

I would not do Brodie for Landeskog because without Brodie on the back end, it will leave a huge hole(I know Brodie is having a off year) and there is no one to fill that hole. Landeskog, who is a LW, would solve any of the team problems because we have Johnny and Tkachuk, on the LW.

Even if you move one of to the RW, it would not be worth to what it would do to the back end.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:43 AM   #2170
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Matthew Sekeres @mattsekeres
My understanding is there is Jannik Hansen trade interest in Minnesota and Anaheim. Not sure if those teams are on his trade list.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:45 AM   #2171
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Kane is also a LW isn't he?
Old 02-23-2017, 11:47 AM   #2172
Par
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
I know I'm going to be in the minority here but I would much rather the Flames went after Kane instead of Landeskog. There's the whole LW vs. RW thing which makes Kane a better fit but there's also the cost of getting these guys. I would really hate to part with Brodie just for Landeskog, I think a higher end D is worth more than a winger. Contract wise, I think Brodies has to be one of the best values for a top 4 dman in the league (other than rookies). The other thing is that the Flames seem to have enough stability with leadership to help keep Kane focused or on the right track. I don't think Gio would throw Kane's track suit in the shower.

I think Kane could be had at a much better acquisition cost, will have a better contract and will be a better fit.

I would do that(depending on the cost of course), Evander Kane would be good fit but his off ice issues would scare me a bit and he kind of has Las Vegas written all over him. But if he came here and did good and stayed out of trouble he would be very good and would be loved by the fan base.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:48 AM   #2173
Par
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunky View Post
Kane is also a LW isn't he?

I think he was playing RW in Winnipeg.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:18 PM   #2174
Par
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

"Flames defenceman Dennis Wideman open to waiving no-move clause for trade."

http://calgaryherald.com/sports/hock...ause-for-trade
Old 02-23-2017, 12:21 PM   #2175
The Original FFIV
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Matthew Sekeres @mattsekeres
My understanding is there is Jannik Hansen trade interest in Minnesota and Anaheim. Not sure if those teams are on his trade list.
wife is from Winnipeg so Minnesota would be closer to home.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:24 PM   #2176
The Original FFIV
First Line Centre

Exp:

Jimmy Murphy‏ @MurphysLaw74
Last season #NHLBruins expressed interest in Dennis Wideman. Available again as a cheap rental. Potential back up plan if no Shattenkirk?
11:20 AM · Feb 23, 2017
Old 02-23-2017, 12:28 PM   #2177
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow I actually think the Flames will e able to dump Wideman!

I am excited for this deadline more than years pat because the Flames actually seem poised to improve their team.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:31 PM   #2178
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Then swap out Wideman for Bartkowski and Chiasson for Brouwer.

Komarov for Brouwer + Bartkowski.

I'd do it...

Why on earth would the Leafs do it? Put yourself in their shoes - what are their needs? Then explain how the Flames will meet those needs. Same with the Landu trade - the Avs aren't just trading him for the sake of trading him, they want to get better. What do they need? Picks aren't going to cut it.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:31 PM   #2179
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post

I would like to think his uncertain future would make him play harder and lay more hits. I had no idea about a dust up with Gio, that's interesting.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:43 PM   #2180
Dr. Doom
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Bouma needs to go. Talk about falling from grace... hope Gio cleaned his clock
Closed Thread