Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2024, 05:36 PM   #2141
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I already said I would take the bet providing there is not a big subtraction from the roster.
But you know for a fact we are all dense and they are not rebuilding . What are you so afraid of ?

This is JG is staying all over again . You love to state your opinion as fact , get angry and irritated at everyone who disagrees , then attempt to backtrack and add new conditions

It’s ok if you don’t have enough convicting in your opinion to bet. I also don’t know what they will actually do but have the conviction to believe in my opinion.

If you aren’t so sure …. Maybe don’t be so aggressive with it
Jason14h is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 05:36 PM   #2142
Rhett44
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
They are not rebuilding, they are retooling on the fly. I am not surprised you are confused.
What are we retooling around? We don't have any first line forwards and only one first line dman in Weegar.

This is a horrendous team after the trades we made. You can't retool around nothing. We are a bottom 3 to 5 team most likely, the way the roster is built.
Rhett44 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rhett44 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2024, 05:38 PM   #2143
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Who cares what your make belief numbers are? They finished with 81, ahead of Montreal. Try living in reality guy.
I know your on tilt like you always do and didn’t read !- I said this team is easily a 75 point team NEXT YEAR which would have place them 5th last . You said they are already way to good to “bottom out”

You can’t even keep track of all your non sensical contradicting posts your so on tilt !
Old 04-30-2024, 05:41 PM   #2144
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

What are we retooling around is a great question.

The next jersey retirement isn't even on the roster.

This is why rebuilds are so hard for Canadian teams to do.
Paulie Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 05:41 PM   #2145
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
But you know for a fact we are all dense and they are not rebuilding . What are you so afraid of ?

This is JG is staying all over again . You love to state your opinion as fact , get angry and irritated at everyone who disagrees , then attempt to backtrack and add new conditions

It’s ok if you don’t have enough convicting in your opinion to bet. I also don’t know what they will actually do but have the conviction to believe in my opinion.

If you aren’t so sure …. Maybe don’t be so aggressive with it
I love it when people throw Gaudreau back at me. I was so off to believe the same thing that the GM, the assistant GM, and his own agent also believed. My bad. I absolutely believe my convictions as the team is constructed, I am also not stupid enough to make a bet now on the off chance someone offers Conroy an offer he can't refuse on a key player. That is why I said I will take that bet if the team looks close to the same come August.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 05:45 PM   #2146
DazzlinDino
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I know your on tilt like you always do and didn’t read !- I said this team is easily a 75 point team NEXT YEAR which would have place them 5th last . You said they are already way to good to “bottom out”

You can’t even keep track of all your non sensical contradicting posts your so on tilt !
It is a good debate not everyone's going to agree, but I think that we should debate the topic and not the poster. Let's keep it respectful.
DazzlinDino is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DazzlinDino For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2024, 05:46 PM   #2147
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

So you are Nostradamus? You know what this team will be next year? Be honest, would you have said Vancouver was going to be a 75 point team this year? I bet you would have, everybody was. I have already said I don't know how things will go. If I had to guess they will be somewhere between 14-20 if they can add a C and a D. If not I think 10-14. If they trade a Kuzmenko or a Sharangovich they could fall low. I am not on tilt at all, I find this vastly amusing!
Old 04-30-2024, 05:48 PM   #2148
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So you are Nostradamus? You know what this team will be next year? Be honest, would you have said Vancouver was going to be a 75 point team this year? I bet you would have, everybody was. I have already said I don't know how things will go. If I had to guess they will be somewhere between 14-20 if they can add a C and a D. If not I think 10-14. If they trade a Kuzmenko or a Sharangovich they could fall low. I am not on tilt at all, I find this vastly amusing!
Can you show me a Quinn Hughes, Elias Pettersen, and Thatcher Demko on our roster?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paulie Walnuts For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2024, 05:49 PM   #2149
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
Can you show me a Quinn Hughes, Elias Pettersen, and Thatcher Demko on our roster?
That doesn't change the fact that nobody had Vancouver making the playoffs.
Old 04-30-2024, 05:51 PM   #2150
Flamesfan1977
Draft Pick

Hello Flames fans! Looooong time reader but never post. I do need to say that all of you who believe they need to tank….It is not happening. Conroy has already stated time and again the goal is playoffs. It really gets to be a broken record when it’s the same argument over and over.
Flamesfan1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flamesfan1977 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2024, 05:53 PM   #2151
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That doesn't change the fact that nobody had Vancouver making the playoffs.
I am sure people had Vancouver making the playoffs.

They have a stud on the backend up for a Norris who is 23. A #1C who bounced back, and a #1 goalie.

I can guarantee you no will be banking on 34 year old Kadri, 31 year old Huberdeau and whoever is in net to bounce back and get us in the playoffs.
The Following User Says Thank You to Paulie Walnuts For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2024, 05:54 PM   #2152
Rhett44
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesfan1977 View Post
Hello Flames fans! Looooong time reader but never post. I do need to say that all of you who believe they need to tank….It is not happening. Conroy has already stated time and again the goal is playoffs. It really gets to be a broken record when it’s the same argument over and over.
In what year? 2029?

This team is not making the playoffs lol.
Old 04-30-2024, 05:54 PM   #2153
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Conroy has said the goal is the playoffs, multiple times. Go watch his pressers after the season.
Playoffs are always the goal. There wasn’t much to the immediacy of that said goal. A lot of his quotes are around keeping a competitive mindset and ‘fighting’ for a playoff spot.
Spoiler!

If you really think it’s playoffs or bust then the bet should be that Markstrom isn’t traded.
Bonded is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 05:54 PM   #2154
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You probably think the strippers like you when they say it too

Just kidding welcome to the board
Old 04-30-2024, 05:56 PM   #2155
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

I know these posts can get heated because we are all super passionate about our team and if I go offside I sincerely apologize. It is great everyone has their own views and nobody is wrong for feeling the way they do.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2024, 05:56 PM   #2156
Rhett44
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Markstrom stood on his head most of the year and we traded most of our only good players.

This team is not making the playoffs. We have currently 3, maybe 4 NHL caliber dmen on a good team. And a bunch of 2nd to 4th line scrap parts on offense.

The Canucks have a franchise goalie, franchise dman and franchise forward. And good depth.
Old 04-30-2024, 05:57 PM   #2157
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonded View Post
Playoffs are always the goal. There wasn’t much to the immediacy of that said goal. A lot of his quotes are around keeping a competitive mindset and ‘fighting’ for a playoff spot.
Spoiler!

If you really think it’s playoffs or bust then the bet should be that Markstrom isn’t traded.
His actions speak louder than his words. He traded our top pairing defenceman for a 1st round pick in 2026 and a project player.

What is he supposed to tell the media? Yeah guys I gutted the roster for picks and prospects, and expect a lot of pain and losing going forward.
Old 04-30-2024, 05:57 PM   #2158
DazzlinDino
Franchise Player

Exp:
Icon20

Quote:

Oh I think the people are aware of that, but that won't stop people from questioning the strategy or the results. This is not a very good Flames team right now, we are going to have to figure it out if they want to be competitive and in the playoffs. Vancouver has some decent coaching which does make a difference..
DazzlinDino is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DazzlinDino For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2024, 05:58 PM   #2159
Flamesfan1977
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett44 View Post
In what year? 2029?

This team is not making the playoffs lol.
Must say I truly do love how you can predict the future. Since you know everything how about you move on from this and solve the worlds problems.
Flamesfan1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 06:00 PM   #2160
Rhett44
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Must say I truly do love how you can predict the future. Since you know everything how about you move on from this and solve the worlds problems.
So you think we are making the playoffs this year? Unless we trade for Makar and Mackinnon in the offseason, it is not happening.

Zero chance.

Tags
devils suck , e=ng , edmonton is no good , nj is no good