Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 11:34 PM   #2101
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Speaking of the comical lighting situation for the game. I am standing here at the 69 st station waiting for my bus (yeah more freaking city budget cut gear grinder), I notice that the park and ride lot is better lit than the ATCO field. That's another irony in itself, ATCO Energy can't even keep their stadium bright enough....

Sorry that I am ranting and charting into drunkpuck.com territory....
Old 08-14-2019, 11:45 PM   #2102
RM14
First Line Centre

Exp:

All hail the Eye of ATCO Field...

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to RM14 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2019, 11:46 PM   #2103
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
The lighting was atrocious -- only bad part of the experience. Still, seems like such an easy fix. Must have looked awful on TV

I actually loaded up OneSoccer on my phone to compare it to real life. The cameras adjusted quite well and it looked acceptable on the stream. In person - let’s just say that the club should have been better prepared, but they are actually pretty good at correcting their mistakes.

The heroic floodlight is a metaphor for our little cup run. Standing tall, trying its best against a massive task. A classic underdog. In the end its lumens just couldn’t quite illuminate the entire pitch, but we are thankful for what we were able to see.

That was a fun little run though. If someone had told me that we’d host two MLS clubs this summer, I would not have believed them. And I love that there was no rolling over and submitting to Montreal.

Onward!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2019, 12:01 AM   #2104
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 08-15-2019, 07:53 AM   #2105
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am exhausted. Time to do it all over again tomorrow night.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2019, 08:07 AM   #2106
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

For me Buescher was the man of the match until his legs fell off with about 5-10 minutes to go. Pasquotti was also excellent out there, Zator rose to the occasion as well.

I feel we really missed Brown and Camargo our there. We needed a worker in the middle of the pitch to try and open things up. Almost all the attacks came down the right side and unfortunately Escalante and Malonga couldn’t open things up on the other side.

It’s a shame we couldn’t convert one of our many corners, had a couple good headers off them.

Rest up, get healthy, beat Edmonton. Shame I’m at a wedding and won’t be there
Old 08-15-2019, 08:39 AM   #2107
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brown was in a walking boot when I saw him at halftime. That's not good. Big opportunity for Pepple or Hamilton (if he's not playing RB) to step up.

Old 08-15-2019, 08:48 AM   #2108
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
Brown was in a walking boot when I saw him at halftime. That's not good. Big opportunity for Pepple or Hamilton (if he's not playing RB) to step up.
That's really unfortunate. His speed was definitely missed. I'm looking forward to tomorrow, I think it'll be a real statement game.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:02 AM   #2109
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Such a fun experience at Spruce Meadows last night. Will definitely come for a couple more games this year, and will seriously consider getting a game pack or season tickets for next year.

The shuttle service from Rose and Crown was phenomenal too.
The Following User Says Thank You to agulati For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2019, 10:31 AM   #2110
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I definitely regret the last beer at Rose and Crown before going home. Rough morning today.
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2019, 07:56 AM   #2111
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Who's ready to do it all over again tonight? You all know the drill.

In the Edmonton slums....

Old 08-16-2019, 07:59 AM   #2112
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
Who's ready to do it all over again tonight? You all know the drill.

In the Edmonton slums....
You must be talking about the game on Sept. 11
Old 08-16-2019, 10:16 AM   #2113
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have to miss this game... Feels bad. I am giving two tickets away though. check the ticket exchange forum for details.
Old 08-16-2019, 02:35 PM   #2114
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Chant idea for tonight...

TAKE YOUR RABBITS AND GO HOME
TAKE YOUR RABBITS
TAKE YOUR RABBITS
TAKE YOUR RABBITS AND GO HOME!
Old 08-16-2019, 09:58 PM   #2115
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Disappointing draw.
So so call on the offside goal called back on Minatel. The defender kicked it out and bounced of a Cavs player, to Minatel, who was in offside position, if he got fed from a Cavs player, so imo should be not offside.

So so call on handball off a free kick. Very very close.

Malonga looked poor again. Best chance was his last kick he pulled wide, but didn’t cause any problem inthe 70 minutes I saw. Really really missing Brown as an option. Pebble came on but he’s overwhelmed.

Hamilton looked great and used pace, and Pasquotti really good, again also down the right side. As usual, his throw ins and the trouble he caused from them set up most of the Cavs chances, directly or indirectly.

Cavs also had a couple chances that needed a bounce, but got lucky in first half after a bad couple minutes of Edm hitting post and not converting rebound, and then a follow up sequence.

Paulus running on the field after the refs at the final whistle was exactly what you’d expect from a whiny team from Edmonton.

But, that’s 3 games now without a goal; as mentioned, Malonga a big part of that as he’s not able to run at defenders, not winning headers, and not hitting th net when he manages to get a clear shot. Chances are coming from Pasquotti throws and set peices, again, directly or because those had Edmonton hemmed in and scrambling, but Cavs couldn’t put it away.

Missing Camargo too. Elijah in the midfield is doing what he can, but he too is a bit overmatched for a #10, with some bad giveaways to boot today. Overall not a determinant and put into a tough position for a young guy, and certainly playing more defensive then being an offensive catalyst. Maybe that’s what’s missing for service to Malonga, but Cavs have to figure it out and put some behind goalkeepers.

Last edited by browna; 08-16-2019 at 10:01 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2019, 10:19 PM   #2116
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2019, 09:27 AM   #2117
Mango
Marshmallow Maiden

Exp:

Nice to see Joel Waterman again. He's got excellent composure on the ball, and he adds a bit of pace that some of the more central defenders don't have. Nathan Mavila was solid, too.

Four games in ten days...hopefully they enjoy a bit of downtime this weekend.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mango For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2019, 09:47 AM   #2118
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango View Post
Nice to see Joel Waterman again. He's got excellent composure on the ball, and he adds a bit of pace that some of the more central defenders don't have. Nathan Mavila was solid, too.

Four games in ten days...hopefully they enjoy a bit of downtime this weekend.
Waterman back is huge as they can finally rotate some defenders and won’t have to rely on Trafford as much now
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M*A*S*H 4077 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2019, 10:26 AM   #2119
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

York 9 here, which hopefully get get some goal scoring confidenceback, but then travelling to the Forge next weekend to take on 11 players, 3 officials, and whatever new rules CanPl put in place between now and then. Forge can go top of table with a win today as well, so it will be a meaningful game next weekend.

And oh yeah, the same people from the Forge that the CSA and CanPl are somehow still looking into from the racism allegations from the last game almost 3 months are still in the mix, left unpunished to this point, so that could cause some additional spice.

Forge do play Thursday at home in Concacf league, which means they will be a bit tired (though my guess is some Honduran club side isn't quite the same level as an Mls team like the Impact, where we had to play 3 days after that) , though the CanPl may deem next weekend "Forge Appreciation Weekend" and postpone the game until a date where it falls a day or two after a Cavalry game.

Last edited by browna; 08-17-2019 at 10:32 AM.
Old 08-17-2019, 01:13 PM   #2120
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I thought Ledgerwood was pretty invisible. Adekugbe was all over the ball last night.
Closed Thread

Tags
2xchamps , canadian premier league , canpl , cavalry fc , fc edmonton is no good , fuforge