Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2016, 10:39 AM   #2061
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Martin was asked point blank was LSH in the show and he said no. I highly doubt he would tip his hand for a major season ending plot point like that. If someone asked him if Robb dies in the show at the start of season 3 he wouldn't say yes.

Given all the hints we've had of the BWB, we've seen these two incompetent Freys at Riverrun being jerks, McShane's death.. someone else gonna hang.. and I got money on it being a Frey or two.
Old 06-13-2016, 12:51 AM   #2062
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

F me, that episode was garbage. I know I've been pimping LSH and it probably sounds like I'm salty about it but I'm okay with that part. There was just absolutely zero payoff to anything in that episode.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 07:05 AM   #2063
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Both Clegane's getting to go Clegane (especially Sandor) was gold, but I too felt like compared to the previous episode it just wasn't as good. Still it did set some more pieces up for us, and the scene with Jaime and Edmure was intense.

Also since we see that Beric is still around may that temper the opinions that LSH is going to show?

Theory: Dany has rolled back into town, but since they didn't show Drogon roasting those ships in the harbour perhaps she will get them to surrender, Yara and Theon roll in with their ships and combined there is enough for her to set sail for Westeros?

Last edited by Bigtime; 06-13-2016 at 07:09 AM.
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 07:25 AM   #2064
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
Both Clegane's getting to go Clegane (especially Sandor) was gold, but I too felt like compared to the previous episode it just wasn't as good. Still it did set some more pieces up for us, and the scene with Jaime and Edmure was intense.

Also since we see that Beric is still around may that temper the opinions that LSH is going to show?

Theory: Dany has rolled back into town, but since they didn't show Drogon roasting those ships in the harbour perhaps she will get them to surrender, Yara and Theon roll in with their ships and combined there is enough for her to set sail for Westeros?
yeah, painfully obvious that theon and yara are going to roll through that fleet, take their ships etc.

Maybe Yara tries to bone Danaerys. She's a lesbian or something now.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:32 AM   #2065
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
yeah, painfully obvious that theon and yara are going to roll through that fleet, take their ships etc.

Maybe Yara tries to bone Danaerys. She's a lesbian or something now.
The one plus to this is that we'll see how badass the Ironborn are when it comes to naval combat. I'm hoping this is something that will be done in episode 10, and set the stage for Dany's return to Westeros, with Varys having allies there awaiting her landing (still thinking that is Dorne).
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:50 AM   #2066
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

So that was the rumored hanging scene with Thoros. Damn. I was really hoping it would lead to the Lady Stoneheart reveal. The internet would have had a collective pants ####ting.

Lem Lemoncloak really got a raw deal.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 09:17 AM   #2067
underGRADFlame
Lives In Fear Of Labelling

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
So that was the rumored hanging scene with Thoros. Damn. I was really hoping it would lead to the Lady Stoneheart reveal. The internet would have had a collective pants ####ting.

Lem Lemoncloak really got a raw deal.
I'm still holding out that LSH shows up in episode 10. Just with a bit different of a story.
underGRADFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 09:23 AM   #2068
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I was hoping they were going to combine LSH with Stannis. Put the LSH qualities into Stannis' body.

Personally, I will feel much better if LSH is NOT in the show as that was something I predicted in the show thread (not LSH obviously, but that catelyn somehow lived). Unfortunately that was spoiled/confirmed for me and some other posters.

From what I've read about LSH though it is best she's not in the show as it would likely take several episodes to do her storyline justice and the show doesn't have that kind of time anymore.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 09:31 AM   #2069
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

LSH is not going to happen. Having Beric there and then Hound pissing into the lake seems like the show writer's big F you to book readers. Kinda like when Rattleshirt got bludgeoned to death immediately on the show when he is Mance Ryder glamoured in the books.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 10:21 AM   #2070
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I would rather have Beric than LSH, I really like the actor they got for his role. It will be interesting to see what part the BWB has left to play in this overall story. If they aren't bringing LSH in, what purpose do they serve? It seems like they are trying to tie all the smaller loose ends up this season so we can start focusing on bigger picture things. BWB on their own are definitely a smaller loose end.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:19 AM   #2071
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just Say No To LSH
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Finger Cookin For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2016, 12:49 PM   #2072
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

I find a lot of the complaints in the show thread are simply things the show doesn't have time to deal with.

So with Riverrun now captured, what story lines in the show are left to catch up to the books? Is Oldtown going to be raided? I think that is about the last one that still may happen. Unless Varys' secret trip is to weave back in the idea of a living Targaryen male heir, similar to the books.
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 12:53 PM   #2073
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobblehead View Post
I find a lot of the complaints in the show thread are simply things the show doesn't have time to deal with.

So with Riverrun now captured, what story lines in the show are left to catch up to the books? Is Oldtown going to be raided? I think that is about the last one that still may happen. Unless Varys' secret trip is to weave back in the idea of a living Targaryen male heir, similar to the books.
Ooh I hadn't thought of that, that'd be interesting if true!
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 01:16 PM   #2074
Hessen
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobblehead View Post
Unless Varys' secret trip is to weave back in the idea of a living Targaryen male heir, similar to the books.
This is what I think is happening. He's just taking Tyrion's place/journey from the books.
Hessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 03:09 PM   #2075
LanceUppercut
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hessen View Post
This is what I think is happening. He's just taking Tyrion's place/journey from the books.
I figured he was off to Dorne to get their support.
LanceUppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 04:55 PM   #2076
socktape
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Does anyone have any idea what Cersi and Quybern were talking about? The little bit of information and how there was much more? Do you think it was the wildfire? I thought Tyrion used most of it in the battle of the blackwater.
socktape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:33 PM   #2077
Kavvy
Self Imposed Exile

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by socktape View Post
Does anyone have any idea what Cersi and Quybern were talking about? The little bit of information and how there was much more? Do you think it was the wildfire? I thought Tyrion used most of it in the battle of the blackwater.
No, Tyrion didn't use all the stores buried underneath all the city, I think he used the back-up stores

I think they were talking wildfire
Kavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 09:52 AM   #2078
socktape
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavvy View Post
No, Tyrion didn't use all the stores buried underneath all the city, I think he used the back-up stores

Ah I could see that.... but then I had also forgot about how in an earlier episode Cersi had tasked Quyburn with sending his little birds out to find some dirt on the High Sparrow. So now I assume this is what they were referring to. They found some dirty secrets...and much more than they were expecting. Wonder what that would be.
socktape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:06 AM   #2079
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavvy View Post

Since trial by combat is out and Cersei needs something to fight the charges against her. I suspect if Cersei is backed into a corner she'll try to blow up the Sept with the High Sparrow in it.

Jamie did tell Brienne in season 3 the Mad King had put huge amounts of wildfire throughout the city including under the great Sept, flea bottom and the Red Keep.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:26 AM   #2080
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Doesn't the prophecy say all her children die?

Does she blow up the sept with Tommen inside?
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
books , it is known , spoilers , winter is coming