Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2022, 07:50 AM   #2021
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

I'm not sure posting a Theoren Fleury tweet citing a Joe Rogan zinger is achieving what you wanted. Unless your aim was to troll, in which case, well done.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SportsJunky For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2022, 07:54 AM   #2022
Captain Otto
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
If you wanted to put a bag over your head I’m all for it, but stop trying to force others to do what you think is noble . I dont want to live like you.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1593471177019641856

https://twitter.com/user/status/1593434020129701890
Ok, I'll bite.

The tweet you posted, I guess it's a pic of the doctor who made the tweet about people who don't wear masks lacking virtue?

So you've been caught in this before when you posted the kid getting "assaulted" for not wearing a mask. You didn't reply when it was shown the article was complete bunk.

So before I do a deep dive on the photo of the doctor, have you done ANY "research" on that photo and the context in which is was posted? Like do you question ANYTHING you read that supports your position?

You would think after the last fiasco noted above, you would make some attempt to contextualize what you post. But that's not really the style of your types is it?

It never ceases to amaze me that your types can just reject the recommendations of the vast majority of medical experts for the rantings of a tiny minority of doctors simply because believing them allows you to be a ####ty human being.

Just say it, "I only give a #### about myself and everyone else can go #### themselves." I would have a lot more respect for someone that was honest versus someone that looks to others to support their ####ty behavior.
Captain Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 08:10 AM   #2023
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

A MAGA hat shows the world you are stupid. A mask protects you from the stupid in this world. So kinda similar?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 08:15 AM   #2024
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

I mean the difference is that a MAGA hat is inherently political since it's literally virtue signaling your support for a political philosophy (America is bad and we need to make it good again).

Masks however were never political until the "I'm such a coddled little baby I misconstrue inconvenience for tyranny" crowd made it one of their antis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2022, 08:16 AM   #2025
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKiprusoffResurrection View Post
How about people who are sick stay home? Anybody who is sick enough to be hacking and coughing shouldn't be out in public, mask or no mask. They certainly shouldn't be attending work or school.
Well yeah… that’s been the ideal scenario forever. How well has it worked?
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 08:35 AM   #2026
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
If you wanted to put a bag over your head I’m all for it, but stop trying to force others to do what you think is noble . I dont want to live like you.
The hell? A mask isn't a bag, dude. What a mask does is protect you and others around you - but, I see that the health of your friends and family means nothing to you, which is probably the least surprising revelation on CP. You are a selfish, ignorant imbecile and continue to prove that without doubt.

And by the way, if you think you're being forced to do ANYTHING in this country, perhaps you should book a quick trip to Iran right now.... maybe you'll finally learn some humility and see what REAL persecution looks like.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2022, 08:39 AM   #2027
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I suspect Yoho just loves the resultant attention he gets from being objectively wrong about everything he post.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2022, 08:41 AM   #2028
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKiprusoffResurrection View Post
How about people who are sick stay home? Anybody who is sick enough to be hacking and coughing shouldn't be out in public, mask or no mask. They certainly shouldn't be attending work or school. Anything else they need can be delivered.

Masks are not infallible, if they were nobody would care if anyone else had one on. Putting on a mask doesn't mean you can go about your life while sick, you're still spreading disease if that's what you're doing.
For sure, dude. I was thinking of a specific scenario when I wrote that, though. I was in Shoppers waiting for my son to get his flu shot. He couldn't get his when the rest of the house did a couple weeks ago because he was sick. Anyway, some dumb mom and her ~6-year-old were wandering around the store with this kid coughing non-stop a deep, mucous-filled bark. No fataing mask. I mean, I was charitable and accepted that maybe the kid was too young to wait in the car and she wanted some medication before she went home to give the little guy some relief; however, put a fataing mask on him and yourself considering you may have caught whatever he has.

It was just so fataing ignorant.

But yeah, if sick stay home (in general).
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2022, 08:46 AM   #2029
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
I suspect Yoho just loves the resultant attention he gets from being objectively wrong about everything he post.
Hey Wormius.

Yeah, he probably likes triggering us snowflakes. Maybe he's sincere in what he says/believes and maybe he isn't. I honestly can't tell; however, I do have a family member that would agree with everything he says, so whether he is that dumb or not, who knows, but he certainly reflects a set of beliefs that exists out there and aren't represented well on the forum.

What is hard to wrap your head around is the unwillingness of guys like Yoho (and my cousin) who are completely unmoved by well thought out explanations or evidence that clearly contradicts their stance. I'd hate to be like that, but I supposed it's part and parcel to being conservative, which is an unwillingness to progress; a preference for staying with how things are/were or at least how you believe things to be versus growing/learning.
Old 11-18-2022, 08:51 AM   #2030
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
For sure, dude. I was thinking of a specific scenario when I wrote that, though. I was in Shoppers waiting for my son to get his flu shot. He couldn't get his when the rest of the house did a couple weeks ago because he was sick. Anyway, some dumb mom and her ~6-year-old were wandering around the store with this kid coughing non-stop a deep, mucous-filled bark. No fataing mask. I mean, I was charitable and accepted that maybe the kid was too young to wait in the car and she wanted some medication before she went home to give the little guy some relief; however, put a fataing mask on him and yourself considering you may have caught whatever he has.

It was just so fataing ignorant.

But yeah, if sick stay home (in general).
I think it's really tough. I stay home for sure when I'm sick because I think it's ignorant to run around and infect other people. At the same time, the best cure for a cold is 10 days...if everyone stays home for 10 days every time they get a cold it will wreak havoc on a lot of things. At some point there has to be a line there where you can live your life and "it's just a cold", right?
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2022, 08:51 AM   #2031
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
By this point I just assume it's a humiliation fetish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2022, 08:55 AM   #2032
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I think it's really tough. I stay home for sure when I'm sick because I think it's ignorant to run around and infect other people. At the same time, the best cure for a cold is 10 days...if everyone stays home for 10 days every time they get a cold it will wreak havoc on a lot of things. At some point there has to be a line there where you can live your life and "it's just a cold", right?
Yeah, I know, eh? And sometimes I'll still be coughing and blowing my nose like crazy for 2-3 weeks. If I get one of those 2-3 times a year, that's a month to a month and half just staying home watching Netflix. It's not feasible. That's where masks are really great.
Old 11-18-2022, 08:57 AM   #2033
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Sure, but put a mask on if you are still feeling unwell and need to go out. I had a Christmas break ruined once by a careless coworker who was sick, but didn't tell me until after I had been in his office for 10 minutes working on his computer. Sure, it was just a cold, but it also ruined my vacation for no good reason.
Old 11-18-2022, 08:59 AM   #2034
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Hey Wormius.

Yeah, he probably likes triggering us snowflakes. Maybe he's sincere in what he says/believes and maybe he isn't. I honestly can't tell; however, I do have a family member that would agree with everything he says, so whether he is that dumb or not, who knows, but he certainly reflects a set of beliefs that exists out there and aren't represented well on the forum.

What is hard to wrap your head around is the unwillingness of guys like Yoho (and my cousin) who are completely unmoved by well thought out explanations or evidence that clearly contradicts their stance. I'd hate to be like that, but I supposed it's part and parcel to being conservative, which is an unwillingness to progress; a preference for staying with how things are/were or at least how you believe things to be versus growing/learning.

Hello Sliver.

I don’t think he truly believes what he is posting. If you look at some of the more controversial posters, they will at least make some attempt to rationalize or defend their views and not just post more garbage from twitter. Even most guys who post some some edge-lordy, drive-by hot-take will defend it if questioned about it. Yoho doesn’t take what he posts seriously enough to do that.

Either that or he isn’t capable of articulating his own thoughts at all, so that’s why he just resorts to reposting other people’s instead of responding in his own words.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 09:00 AM   #2035
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

For the record, people who wear masks in Asia, it's not always just to prevent catching something. It's to protect others because the mask-wearer is sick or has an issue. It's about protecting others as much as yourself.

And if you are one of those who think masks are ineffective (and there's some validity to that based on type of mask), consider that even low protection is better than no protection.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 09:01 AM   #2036
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Hello Sliver.

I don’t think he truly believes what he is posting. If you look at some of the more controversial posters, they will at least make some attempt to rationalize or defend their views and not just post more garbage from twitter. Even most guys who post some some edge-lordy, drive-by hot-take will defend it if questioned about it. Yoho doesn’t take what he posts seriously enough to do that.

Either that or he isn’t capable of articulating his own thoughts at all, so that’s why he just resorts to reposting other people’s instead of responding in his own words.
Yeah, good point about him not defending what he says, which shows bad faith.

So we have a guy posting lies and misinformation disingenuously. What's a board to do with that? Glad I'm not a mod.
Old 11-18-2022, 09:04 AM   #2037
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, good point about him not defending what he says, which shows bad faith.

So we have a guy posting lies and misinformation disingenuously. What's a board to do with that? Glad I'm not a mod.
Oh, Yoho believes what they post. They just aren't intelligent enough to defend the points, it's more just regurgitating the nonsense they follow. These people exist, it shouldn't come as any surprise there are a few around here.
Old 11-18-2022, 09:06 AM   #2038
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
I think he does it to get a rise out of posters. He doesn't complain about the abuse he gets and he certainly makes zero attempts to defend his position. In the end he's probably laughing at all of us.
Old 11-18-2022, 09:07 AM   #2039
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Hello Sliver.

I actually think it’s probably the latter, which is why his comments (rarely as they happen) always contain bad grammar and broken logic and generally seem absurd. There’s nothing in his posts that point towards a hidden purpose or some intellect game, or even the mental capability to engage in one.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 09:10 AM   #2040
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
I actually think it’s probably the latter, which is why his comments (rarely as they happen) always contain bad grammar and broken logic and generally seem absurd. There’s nothing in his posts that point towards a hidden purpose or some intellect game, or even the mental capability to engage in one.
I'll have to take some time and find some original words from him. I can't even think of what his voice or tone is on here. He's just twitter-reposting bot to me.