Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2024, 11:54 AM   #20041
Flames1217
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
And send Tanev with orders to suddenly lose his game.
Tanev could never do that, he's an absolute warrior.
Flames1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 11:55 AM   #20042
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Just trade tanev to dallas
Moneyhands23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 11:56 AM   #20043
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Clearly if there are two offers and they're close Conroy would go elsewhere than Edmonton.

No doubt on that.

So the premium would have to break the tie, and I'm guessing it's not a small premium.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2024, 11:57 AM   #20044
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Clearly if there are two offers and they're close Conroy would go elsewhere than Edmonton.

No doubt on that.

So the premium would have to break the tie, and I'm guessing it's not a small premium.
Agreed.

We should all recognize Conroy hates the oilers more than any of us ever could.
Moneyhands23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 11:58 AM   #20045
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

So if he deals with Edmonton I'd just hope they don't win a cup and be happy that he extracted significant extra value.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2024, 12:00 PM   #20046
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
I'd take Holloway and a 1st for Tanev, no problems there. That'd be a decent return.
I want none of their prospects, in all honesty ... impossible to get rid of the greasy smell. Heck, Reid Schaefer was freed while still in juniors, and even he seems to have lost his mojo (2 goals in 40 AHL games ... time is on his side, but woof). Give me picks, they can't ruin those.

And honestly, I'd only trade with Edmonton if they paid double, and even then it'd feel gross.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 12:02 PM   #20047
boogerz
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

If Mangiapane is on the trade table, The Avs are pretty thin upfront. I'd offer them Mangiapane @ maximum retention + 1st + a prospect or two (e.g. Poirier, Stromgren, Kerins, or Kuznetsov) for Byram.

The Avs get a discounted 27-year old winger that could potentially put up 30 goals in a favourable situation alongside their big guns, a mid-1st round pick, a decent prospect or two, and an additional $1M in cap space next season.

Flames get a future top pairing dman to anchor the second pair and help mitigate the loss of Hanifin and Tanev.
boogerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 12:02 PM   #20048
shutout
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 868904 View Post
Yeah but does Tanev want to sign an extension? I'm not sure he would.

He probably wants to win a Stanley Cup, so the only way he stays is if the Flames pay way over market value and that's not a good idea.

If the best offer you get for Tanev is a 2nd round pick at the deadline, then you just take it. He's not going to sign a market value extension here.
Is he willing to do a two year extension like Backlund?

If Tanev is asking for a 4-6 year deal then you have to move him.
If its a two year deal why has it not already been done?
Old 02-08-2024, 12:02 PM   #20049
Tbull8
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogerz View Post
If Mangiapane is on the trade table, The Avs are pretty thin upfront. I'd offer them Mangiapane @ maximum retention + 1st + a prospect or two (e.g. Poirier, Stromgren, Kerins, or Kuznetsov) for Byram.

The Avs get a discounted 27-year old winger that could potentially put up 30 goals in a favourable situation alongside their big guns, a mid-1st round pick, a decent prospect or two, and an additional $1M in cap space next season.

Flames get a future top pairing dman to anchor the second pair and help mitigate the loss of Hanifin and Tanev.
Not giving up Poirier. Pass
Tbull8 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tbull8 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2024, 12:03 PM   #20050
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutout View Post

Because offers are still being made on him.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 12:04 PM   #20051
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Oilers would basically have to be sending Draisaitl back for me to even consider trading them Tanev. I don't care if they have the best offer, eff that franchise.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2024, 12:04 PM   #20052
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutout View Post

You have to trade Tanev....sign him in the summer if he wants to come back short term
Old 02-08-2024, 12:07 PM   #20053
FusionX
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Tanev to the sadsack up north would be tough to take... it would have to be a massive overpay IMO. Holloway, Broberg + 1st (honestly, I don't even know if those are decent prospects but at least some pedigree).

In a sense, I'm glad we're selling off this year and maybe next. I'm sure they'd love a Hanifin, Tanev, Lindholm, Markstrom during their window, but likely can't afford what we should be asking haha.
FusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 12:08 PM   #20054
dustygoon
Franchise Player

Exp:

On the barnburner, when Boomer asked if Tanev was going to get traded during the allstar break, Conroy assuredly said that Tanev was going to be suiting up against Boston.

Seemed strange. What if an offer came along before that? Made me think they could be waiting until after the NJ game before a trade goes down.
Old 02-08-2024, 12:09 PM   #20055
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

That trade is horrific.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 12:14 PM   #20056
Cleveland Steam Whistle
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustygoon View Post
On the barnburner, when Boomer asked if Tanev was going to get traded during the allstar break, Conroy assuredly said that Tanev was going to be suiting up against Boston.

Seemed strange. What if an offer came along before that? Made me think they could be waiting until after the NJ game before a trade goes down.
I think you are reading too much into that. I heard that too, and it felt much more like, hey we haven't traded those players yet, they are still Flames, they will be suiting up against Boston. To me that was more two things: 1. Just a statement of, until people are traded they are still Flames and we treat them as such statement from the GM (i.e. they are still a part of our org, we aren't treating them like they are gone until they are thing) and 2. He wanted to send a message to suitors they are comfy keeping them and trying to scratch to the playoffs - a message of I don't feel obliged to trade, and I'm not going to bubble wrap them so if you want them, make me your best offer, kind of move.
Cleveland Steam Whistle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cleveland Steam Whistle For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2024, 12:15 PM   #20057
boogerz
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbull8 View Post
Not giving up Poirier. Pass
There's a lot of question marks about Poirier with his injury history. He's the same age as Byram
boogerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 12:15 PM   #20058
Redliner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Tre is that you?

That is a horrible trade for the Flames. Woof.
"There will be a short outage tonight sometime between 11:00PM and 1:00AM as network upgrades are performed. Please do not panic and overthrow society. Thank you."
Redliner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Redliner For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2024, 12:19 PM   #20059
butterfly
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

A lottery team trading 1st round picks and decent prospects for roster players.

No thanks.
butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 12:19 PM   #20060
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
There's a lot of question marks about Poirier with his injury history. He's the same age as Byram
His injury history? What are talking about? He missed time this season because of a freak injury - a skate laceration. Prior to that, played all but three games in his only other pro season, his rookie season, and was a player to appear in the most games each season for his junior teams. What injury history are you talking about?
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post: