Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2009, 01:34 AM   #181
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

well i gave in and watched the leak, Lithgow is going to tear this season up. and i found myself saying "Just give Dexter this one simple kill, it's been so long since he had a smooth go" but of course they couldn't do that

well now there's 2 things to look forward to for the end of summer, hockey and episode 2
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:20 PM   #182
bradster57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I have a question regarding the ending. Spoilers in white:

Did he still have the body in the back of the car during the accident?
bradster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:22 PM   #183
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I watched the leak too, and it was a mistake. If you haven't watched the leak and intend to, don't!

Waiting for the next episode is going to kill me after that one.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:31 PM   #184
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradster57 View Post

Answer:

YES, I believe so. Should be interesting
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:01 PM   #185
GreenTeaFrapp
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradster57 View Post

My suspicions:

No because he'd picked up the stuff at the drug store. No way would he go there and leave the body in the vehicle. He'd dump the body then do the other stuff and go home.
GreenTeaFrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:30 PM   #186
chid
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTeaFrapp View Post
My suspicions:

No because he'd picked up the stuff at the drug store. No way would he go there and leave the body in the vehicle. He'd dump the body then do the other stuff and go home.
I agree with this too
chid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:29 AM   #187
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTeaFrapp View Post
My suspicions:

Agreed, Dexter too careful to make that mistake, even if he is tired.

Last nights episode was AWESOME. Dexter the family man is great.
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:58 AM   #188
BlackEleven
Redundant Minister of Redundancy

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblobla View Post
Agreed, Dexter too careful to make that mistake, even if he is tired.

Last nights episode was AWESOME. Dexter the family man is great.
Agreed. Great show. I love how they're able to keep it interesting each season.

I assume the white text is not needed anymore now that it has aired? Anyway, if you're reading this and don't want spoilers, stop now.

I agree the body is probably not in the trunk, but I think the murder kit probably is -- the knives, the gloves, the plastic wrap, maybe his blood slide. There still could be some stuff he has to dispose of before the cavalry arrives. Or try to explain anyway if someone finds it.
BlackEleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:16 AM   #189
Clever_Iggy
Franchise Player

Exp:

This season has huge potential. The Trinity Killer (and John Lithgow) could be the best support character the show has ever seen. The few scenes that he was in (the kill scene at the beginning and the shower scene) are really creepy. My only concern is that the Trinity Killer will only do one set of kills in Miami... call me morbid, but I'm hoping for a lot of involvement with that character.

Regarding the crash (white, just to be courteous) - something doesn't make sense. Why would Dexter have 1 bag left in the trunk, but not the rest? I think someone who responded to the accident is going to screw with Dexter.

Anyways, what a great season premiere. I am SO glad I didn't watch the spoiler as I can barely wait until next Sunday as it stands now.

I think we can be done with the white text regarding episodes already aired?
Clever_Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:06 AM   #190
Methanolic
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I didn't see, at any point, 1 bag left in the trunk...Other than Dex placing what I assume to be the last "package" into the vehicle.

I'm sure he already disposed of everything prior to the accident.

When the side of the SUV initially makes contact with the road, the hatch-back is seen to be completely open, the SUV does 3 full barrel rolls at a high rate of speed and nothing is seen exiting the vehicle.

If episode 2 reveals that the bags are still in the vehicle, that would be pretty sloppy on the part of the shows creators. Judging by past performance, I can't see them trying to pull something that weak.
Methanolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:30 AM   #191
Clever_Iggy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanolic View Post
I didn't see, at any point, 1 bag left in the trunk...Other than Dex placing what I assume to be the last "package" into the vehicle.

I'm sure he already disposed of everything prior to the accident.

When the side of the SUV initially makes contact with the road, the hatch-back is seen to be completely open, the SUV does 3 full barrel rolls at a high rate of speed and nothing is seen exiting the vehicle.

If episode 2 reveals that the bags are still in the vehicle, that would be pretty sloppy on the part of the shows creators. Judging by past performance, I can't see them trying to pull something that weak.
Either (a) you didn't see "Next week on Dexter" or (b) I totally misinterpreted "Next week on Dexter" which I don't think is possible considering - See white:

"Next week on Dexter" showed Dexter finding only 1 bag left in the car, Dexter being worried about where the other 5 bags are, Dexter rushing to get back to the crash site to find the other 5 bags, Dexter going to the old boxing gym looking for them, Dexter having talking to his dad about the fact that he can't find the bags because the crash caused him to forget - perhaps he dumped the other 5 but forgot the 6th? That seems HIGHLY unlikely (more unlikely than him driving with the bags in the trunk), etc...

Also, in "Next week on Dexter" it shows that Dexter stored the "packages" in the cargo compartment in the very back of the van... kind like where the spare tire would be stored? Perhaps that explains why they didn't all fly out?

Remember in season 2 when Dexter left that drug dealer in the cabin for several days and Doaks found him? Dexter is not immune from poor decisions.

I think it's going to be a little bit bigger of a story line than that.

Last edited by Clever_Iggy; 09-28-2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:26 PM   #192
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

God, I forgot how good this show is. Great first episode. I'm really looking forward to Lithgow.
VANFLAMESFAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:39 PM   #193
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

I just watched the first episode tonight, agree that it was fantastic. I love Vince, the guy reminds me of so many guys I've worked with in IT - utterly insensitive and maladjusted.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:40 PM   #194
evilcougar
Self-Ban

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
God, I forgot how good this show is. Great first episode. I'm really looking forward to Lithgow.
LOVE this show. I can do without Lithgow's nakedness however. But still, for some reason he is so good at being creepy.
evilcougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:56 PM   #195
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Litgow is Raising Cain is my fav perormance from him......Creepy, funny, sad and very likeable all at once. Very underrated movie with a great twist!
Old 09-29-2009, 07:23 AM   #196
Methanolic
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clever_Iggy View Post
Either (a) you didn't see "Next week on Dexter"

It's (a).

But if any thing was in that hatch-back, We would have seen it exit the vehicle ....right?

Last edited by Methanolic; 09-29-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Methanolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:22 PM   #197
Doctordestiny
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Argh, I guess I missed the season opener last week. Crap. Anyone know if and how I can see it? Anyone? I need to see it.
Doctordestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:49 PM   #198
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctordestiny View Post
Argh, I guess I missed the season opener last week. Crap. Anyone know if and how I can see it? Anyone? I need to see it.
I just went thru the Shaw guide, and couldn't find it on again before episode 2. However, if you do have Shaw, go to Movie Central On Demand and it should be there........yep, i just looked it up....it's there for free.

if you dont have shaw, you can try youtube or illegal methods
Old 09-29-2009, 09:36 PM   #199
Doctordestiny
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
I just went thru the Shaw guide, and couldn't find it on again before episode 2. However, if you do have Shaw, go to Movie Central On Demand and it should be there........yep, i just looked it up....it's there for free.

if you dont have shaw, you can try youtube or illegal methods
I have Shaw. Thanks.
Doctordestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:34 PM   #200
Clever_Iggy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanolic View Post
It's (a).

But if any thing was in that hatch-back, We would have seen it exit the vehicle ....right?
In the "Next Week on Dexter" it showed Dexter storing the body parts in the storage compartment in the back of the van. It looked like an area where you would store a spare tire, or those new cargo spaces available in some new vans... it has a door in the floor of the van and that door can be firmly secured, thereby not opening in an accident.

It's going to be a storyline - big (multiple episodes) or small (resolved next week), I dont know, but Dexter definitely didn't discard the body prior to the accident...