Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2022, 10:53 PM   #181
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
There’s been lots of good games to cheer for over the last few years, lots of exciting plays, lots of good moments. Give me a break. How about Flames fans cheer for a change, who knows, it could just be a boost the team needs. What’s the worst that could happen?
1. It’s hard to cheer when your goalie #%^*s the bed 13 seconds into the game. Yes, this has been a problem for a long period of time (save for 18/19 and 21/22)

2. The acoustics in the dome do not lend itself to sounding loud on TV

3. This organization has a long, established losing culture. A team with this history of losing in any other market would see like 10,000 fans a night unless that market was Edmonton, Saskatchewan, or probably Winnipeg.

4. You go be a STH and go to 30 to 41+ games a season and you cheer loud for a franchise built on failure

Blaming the fans for the Dome being quiet is stupid. Your take is bad.

Graciously yours,

- dedicated STH
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2022, 10:53 PM   #182
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
#### that

Fans are paying good money. They are the consumer. This is entertainment

The team needs to do their ####ing job

Have you thought about recommending Coffee to the team, not beer to the fans?

Because you are, you know, Mr Coffee?
I think we just have different philosophies on what attitudes fans should have and that’s okay. Fans are an extension of the team. Yeah, you’re right it’s entertainment and you’re the consumer, but you actually might just find the experience is even better with a louder crowd and also the team will play better.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:54 PM   #183
Backlund22
Draft Pick

Quote:
#### that

Fans are paying good money. They are the consumer. This is entertainment

The team needs to do their ####ing job

Have you thought about recommending Coffee to the team, not beer to the fans?

Because you are, you know, Mr Coffee?
Fans pay money for a seat, not for a win. Calgarians know the Flames aren't going anywhere cause we'll continue to fill the arena regardless of how good or bad they do. You want a win? Get off your butt and cheer hard. Its 50/50. When the team needs a push we gotta be the ones to give it to them. Imagine a crowd roaring for you to score, bet that would motivate you a lot more than them booing you when you dont.
Backlund22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:54 PM   #184
3rd liner
First Line Centre

Exp:

I don’t go to that many flames games in a year, two to three at best, so usually enjoy the experience regardless. Not the case tonight- that was a really frustrating game to watch. Two opportunistic goals. Garbage goal by markstrom. Terrible call on eatbread. Give dum dum Anderson an unsportsmanlike if you are going to call that. And saddledome was lifeless.
3rd liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:56 PM   #185
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
I think we just have different philosophies on what attitudes fans should have and that’s okay. Fans are an extension of the team. Yeah, you’re right it’s entertainment and you’re the consumer, but you actually might just find the experience is even better with a louder crowd and also the team will play better.

We all enjoy a raucous crowd cheering on a good team

My expectation is for them to give the fans a chance to get to their seats before disappointing them, rather than the goalie sliding out 50 feet from his net
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:57 PM   #186
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I was thinking that being strong up the centre of the ice would look different than this.
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to D as in David For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2022, 10:57 PM   #187
monkeyman
First Line Centre

Exp:

A lot of heat on Markstrom, but It's likely just as hard on a goalie when the team in front of you is making poor plays, turning over the pucks, and you know that a single goal might be more than your offence is able to overcome. The whole system is broken now and it's self perpetuating. I mean, how is it Monahan was able to blow past Kadri and through two defenders?
Old 12-01-2022, 10:57 PM   #188
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Marstrom should have been pulled at the 14 second mark of the first period.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 11:00 PM   #189
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlund22 View Post
Fans pay money for a seat, not for a win. Calgarians know the Flames aren't going anywhere cause we'll continue to fill the arena regardless of how good or bad they do. You want a win? Get off your butt and cheer hard. Its 50/50. When the team needs a push we gotta be the ones to give it to them. Imagine a crowd roaring for you to score, bet that would motivate you a lot more than them booing you when you dont.

Oh it’d be splendid

I don’t get paid millions to simply do my ####ing job

I do get paid less, and I manage to get out of bed and do my job without fans

Bad news. People cheering won’t get you a win. Outplaying the other team, which often plays to no cheers at all, does
Old 12-01-2022, 11:01 PM   #190
soulchoice
First Line Centre

Exp:

Well, Marky beat his record today. In the playoffs there was the goal 21 seconds in due to his gaffe. That was beaten today!

All in all though, Huby is playing better, but I notice he bobbles pucks when some passes come his way and they are off a bit(not perfect). That is one major difference between him and Gaudreau, as 13 was able to corral a puck, recover and make plays no matter how bad a puck was sent in his direction.

Kadri, for his flack of slowing down since the start is hovering right around his normal point totals, as he is on pace for 53. He’s a solid player, but not the ppg player he was last year. That was an anomaly for Kadri.

Combine the ineptness of Huby playing like an average top 6 and eat bread falling off a cliff, plus the loss of two of main offensive guys, it’s no wonder the Flames can’t score.
soulchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 11:05 PM   #191
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
A lot of heat on Markstrom, but It's likely just as hard on a goalie when the team in front of you is making poor plays, turning over the pucks, and you know that a single goal might be more than your offence is able to overcome. The whole system is broken now and it's self perpetuating. I mean, how is it Monahan was able to blow past Kadri and through two defenders?
19 shots against. From a defensive stand point what more can they do?
Patek23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 11:06 PM   #192
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

It wasn’t his actual goaltending, in terms of shot stopping, it was his decision making that cost them
The Following User Says Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2022, 11:07 PM   #193
soulchoice
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Homer View Post
Don’t allow any shots.
Old 12-01-2022, 11:10 PM   #194
monkeyman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Homer View Post
Score more than one goal.
Not give an opposition player an open lane to the net. I mean, I know Monahan is lightning fast, but...
Old 12-01-2022, 11:11 PM   #195
BoLevi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
Markstrom the second best goalie on the ice again.
the only reason markstrom was only the second best goalie is because games rarely need to involve 3 goalies.
BoLevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 11:12 PM   #196
Lanny'sDaMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1598545261747666945

He knows he's been poop, but man it looks like he's really taking it hard too. I kinda feel bad for him.
Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 11:12 PM   #197
soulchoice
First Line Centre

Exp:

Monahan with 2 apples. Now with 16 points and on pace for 57 for the year. What a beauty.

Last edited by soulchoice; 12-01-2022 at 11:28 PM.
Old 12-01-2022, 11:12 PM   #198
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

In Marky’s defense, he saw Monahan come in the arena in a walking boot

Thought he could win the race
The Following User Says Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2022, 11:13 PM   #199
Backlund22
Draft Pick

Quote:
Oh it’d be splendid

I don’t get paid millions to simply do my ####ing job

I do get paid less, and I manage to get out of bed and do my job without fans

Bad news. People cheering won’t get you a win. Outplaying the other team, which often plays to no cheers at all, does
Would you rather have fans quiet all night putting the pressure on you to win because they expect it or roaring loud pushing you from behind regardless. Regardless yes what gets you a win is outplaying the other team, but which scenario do you think the team would have a better shot to win? If you think the fans dont make a difference in a game then you clearly dont understand sports. Just like a powerplay can build or destroy momentum, so does an engaged crowd.
Backlund22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 11:15 PM   #200
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
Score more than one goal.
Not give an opposition player an open lane to the net. I mean, I know Monahan is lightning fast, but...
Your point was defensively they were bad. I mean sure your pointing out one defensive collapse but Im pretty sure every single team gives up multiple rushes every game. Thats hockey. 19 SA is a pretty impressive defensive performance. We faced a goalie who had a career game. Our goalie had a game where in post scrums he told reporters he sucks at hockey. Not sure I'm putting alot of this on anyone but Markstrom where he had a relatively uneventful night and yet he couldnt keep us in a game we dominated. Alot of our shots were perimeter or in the crest. But dont fool yourself we had tons of great chances and fortune didnt look our way.

Sometimes you need to be able to win a 1-0 game and if there was one that would of been tonight.
Patek23 is offline   Reply With Quote