Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2021, 12:14 PM   #181
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwkayaker View Post
https://twitter.com/RobinMonks/statu...90606410194949

I haven’t seen this video posted. The damage to the coq is quite extensive.
Good grief, put the camera up to the window.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 12:19 PM   #182
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
Good grief, put the camera up to the window.
The camera not up to the window is your 'Lucy pulling away the football.'

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 01:04 PM   #183
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Nice homage to the Avro Arrow on that airboat.
Old 11-17-2021, 01:12 PM   #184
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man, this country is really not properly prepared for the impacts of climate change. Our infrastructure is going to get absolutely destroyed if we don't do something quickly about it.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 01:12 PM   #185
keratosis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Car dealership I believe
Fraser Way RV. Cousin lives in Abbotsford.
keratosis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to keratosis For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2021, 01:25 PM   #186
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qqaaz View Post
I think this image is wrong.
The original includes Pakistan and Japan - two big hitters. But they're excluded on this map. That goes for most of Korea as well.

You're probably right...quick math got the image I posted close to 3.7B, so adding 227M for Pakistan and 126M for Japan would certainly push it well over the 50% line.

I imagine some of the 'rural' areas in that circle have fewer traditional services (e.g. landlines) as we've tended to have in some of our more remote/sparsely populated areas, so cellular networks were more of a 'primary' network from the get go (whereas they would have been considered 'secondary' here until the last decade or so).
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 03:29 PM   #187
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like US-style gas hoarding has hit Victoria. A bunch of stations have long lineups and they're even blocking traffic in some places. Haven't heard about anyone filling up plastic bags just yet, but that's probably next. I feel sorry for anyone that legitimately needs fuel getting caught up in the panic buyers.

Also BC Ferries is pulling a ferry out service from Victoria-Vancouver in order to run cargo between Nanaimo and Victoria.
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to opendoor For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2021, 03:39 PM   #188
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
My pipe (tunnel?) dream is to just straight shot across the ranges from Calgary to Invermere with tunnels. 2 lane divided and throw a train line in there too for good measure.
Yeah that topic into the Columbia Valley is older than I am. Driving to the cottage in 1/2 the time, would be nice. Get a Cesna?
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 03:43 PM   #189
vegasbound
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I know of at least one family that is still at Sumas Prairie with at least 750+ head of dairy cows still on their place. The impacts to the dairy and chicken industry are going to be huge.
vegasbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 03:54 PM   #190
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Talked with a contractor I know that works on TMX, said it's currently shut down. Said it feeds the pipeline that supplies jet fuel to the airport through the Pembina pipeline, and the airport has 5 days of fuel storage capacity when that line is down. Not sure what happens when that runs out, but I'm sure it's not good.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 03:59 PM   #191
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
Talked with a contractor I know that works on TMX, said it's currently shut down. Said it feeds the pipeline that supplies jet fuel to the airport through the Pembina pipeline, and the airport has 5 days of fuel storage capacity when that line is down. Not sure what happens when that runs out, but I'm sure it's not good.
I know they are working on a new line. Took a look, not done until 2023:

https://www.vancouverairportfuel.ca/projectOverview
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 04:01 PM   #192
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasbound View Post
I know of at least one family that is still at Sumas Prairie with at least 750+ head of dairy cows still on their place. The impacts to the dairy and chicken industry are going to be huge.
My family buys the A2 milk because of digestion issues and I'm not certain but I think that stuff comes from the lower mainland so I expect we won't be able to find that specific brand soon.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 04:07 PM   #193
vegasbound
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
My family buys the A2 milk because of digestion issues and I'm not certain but I think that stuff comes from the lower mainland so I expect we won't be able to find that specific brand soon.

I'm not sure but I wouldn't put faith in the supply chain right now. I know for certain that most producers in the Fraser Valley are dumping milk because there is no milk trucks that can get to the farms.
vegasbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 04:24 PM   #194
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

It would be a really good idea to drop the PBR test for the border right now so at least lower mainlanders can head to Bellingham to go Grocery shopping
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 04:34 PM   #195
hwy19man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
Looks like US-style gas hoarding has hit Victoria. A bunch of stations have long lineups and they're even blocking traffic in some places. Haven't heard about anyone filling up plastic bags just yet, but that's probably next. I feel sorry for anyone that legitimately needs fuel getting caught up in the panic buyers.

Also BC Ferries is pulling a ferry out service from Victoria-Vancouver in order to run cargo between Nanaimo and Victoria.
It is starting to be chaotic especially at the gas stations. There have been some fisticuffs as people are accused of budging in the line for fuel. Shelbourne gas stations at McKenzie, Cedar Hill, Pear, and Hillside are congested at every entry point. There was a report that one grocery store is already sold out of toilet paper.

The vessel that will be used on Thursday for the special Swartz Bay-Duke Point run (Hwy 17 to Hwy 19) is only used on Fridays and Sundays at this time of year.
https://www.bcferries.com/current-co...uteCode=01TSAA

must show all Flames games nationally when they play on Saturdays, Mondays, and Wednesdays !!!
hwy19man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hwy19man For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2021, 04:55 PM   #196
wwkayaker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
It would be a really good idea to drop the PBR test for the border right now so at least lower mainlanders can head to Bellingham to go Grocery shopping

Ah, the old PBR test…Shotgunning PBR while running the bases and spinning on a bat.

As far as dropping the PCR test, I fully agree so long as the individuals are fully vaccinated.
wwkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wwkayaker For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2021, 05:32 PM   #197
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwkayaker View Post
Ah, the old PBR test…Shotgunning PBR while running the bases and spinning on a bat.

As far as dropping the PCR test, I fully agree so long as the individuals are fully vaccinated.
Is that the one where you have to finish the can before you cross home plate?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 05:40 PM   #198
Playfair
Scoring Winger

Exp:

The ghost of Sumas Lake. I don’t know if it has been posted before or if everyone can see it but it is pretty wild.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2421...8681108497044/
Playfair is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Playfair For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2021, 05:59 PM   #199
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Can someone please explain this to me like I am a 6 year old because I am having issues understanding a few things.

News reports from Global are saying that the town of Merritt has thousands of people stranded there, people are paying thousands of dollars for private flights out of the local airport. People all over BC are running out of food, water, clothing, medication. The supply chain is going to be a mess and the food, fuel and other needed items are going to run very low in a lot of regions very quickly.

Where is the national response from the highest level's of government? Why are officials saying they don't know when the armed forces will arrive with equipment and evacuation?

Why is it disaster after disaster do the most basic things like sending emergency alerts and having a rapid responses and decision making always fail? When it's clearly at a level when assistance is needed, all across this country of ours do we always fail at that.

It's almost like the people in power always f**** up when it's apparent to a monkey holding a banana that help is needed.

48-72 hours later and BC is declaring a state of emergency? People are paying private contractors to rescue them? Federal officials have just today approved a request for assistance?

It's like this everywhere and for all major disasters. Forest fires, floods, ice storms, massive pileup's on highways and more. Why do people in power have such poor decision skills?

I know it's easy to be critical from the sidelines but some of these decisions are not hard to make when you see it first hand with your own eyes. It's perplexing.
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 06:17 PM   #200
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by curves2000 View Post

It's like this everywhere and for all major disasters. Forest fires, floods, ice storms, massive pileup's on highways and more. Why do people in power have such poor decision skills?

I know it's easy to be critical from the sidelines but some of these decisions are not hard to make when you see it first hand with your own eyes. It's perplexing.
The first thing that comes to mind is real world experience. Politicians, especially at higher levels like federal, often times have very limited real world experience where they actually have to work through or plan critical operations so they have very poor ability to deal with crisis situations. They can really only say kind words and wish everyone the best. This is why organizations like the Red Cross, military or FEMA take over. It probably also explains why military personnel were put in charge of vaccine rollout in Canada.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post: