Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2024, 01:10 PM   #18601
Brendone
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
You can also renew your DL online. You have to alternate between online and in-person though, so your photo doesn’t get too old.

Yeah, was due for a new photo, and boy did that suck seeing current me vs 10 years ago me. Why would you show me that!
Brendone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brendone For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2024, 01:18 PM   #18602
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Costco really streamlined the food court in Canada during Covid. Those Turkey sandwiches hit.

Now all you have is fries, hot dog, pizza, and chicken strips.
Paulie Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2024, 01:40 PM   #18603
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendone View Post
Isn’t that what your Children and Grandchildren are for? If they can’t help you with tech, what was the point?

I actually can't understand* people under the age of 80 complaining about not understanding how to use a computer.

They've been common house hold appliances since 1990 and were widespread before then. 34 years, you've had 34 years to learn how to use it!

*sorry Pepsi free
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2024, 01:48 PM   #18604
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
You can also renew your DL online. You have to alternate between online and in-person though, so your photo doesn’t get too old.
Ha. My picture has been updated over the years but my vitals (height, weight , etc.) are the same as when I first receive my drivers licence when I was 16.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2024, 02:00 PM   #18605
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Mandatory corporate goal setting GMG. Why do I need to list at least five trackable goals a year? What if I don't want to take on more and just want to carry on doing my day to day job without pressure to go over & above??

My goal is not to be a snarky #### to so-and-so everyday, even though they probably deserve it.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nyah For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2024, 02:09 PM   #18606
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyah View Post
Mandatory corporate goal setting GMG. Why do I need to list at least five trackable goals a year? What if I don't want to take on more and just want to carry on doing my day to day job without pressure to go over & above??

My goal is not to be a snarky #### to so-and-so everyday, even though they probably deserve it.
The most depressing thing is everybody involved knows it’s just performative bull####. At the annual review you admit you haven’t had the time to do the new stuff you said you’d do. Your boss says it’s okay, just record something so your review looks reasonable to whoever they’re reporting to. So you make stuff up and they sign off on it. Then the next goal setting rolls around and you spend more hours making up stuff you both know you’re not going to do. Year after year.

Last edited by CliffFletcher; 09-26-2024 at 02:13 PM.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2024, 02:15 PM   #18607
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lol what about the same useless training sessions.

Let's waste 3-4 hours on a Monday rehashing the same #### over and over. It's not like Monday's are already busy from crap that came over the weekend.

Now I have to waste all this time sitting and listening to crap that doesn't even matter while my mind wanders off.
Old 09-26-2024, 02:19 PM   #18608
calgarywinning
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
I actually can't understand* people under the age of 80 complaining about not understanding how to use a computer.

They've been common house hold appliances since 1990 and were widespread before then. 34 years, you've had 34 years to learn how to use it!

*sorry Pepsi free
I've dealt with many people who have problems utilizing technology. They just don't have the brain training on the "concepts" and as you age it's harder to build those wires. But the same could be said of a 1 year old with an IPAD. Their brain is wired from the get go for these devices which is almost sadder in a way, where the external world, imagination, patience, patience to read a book and so many other things. Or the tech savvies scrolling their phone in a crosswalk or driving a car. The constant irritation of things happening in the world which have no bearing on being in the moment.
calgarywinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2024, 02:27 PM   #18609
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
Costco really streamlined the food court in Canada during Covid. Those Turkey sandwiches hit.

Now all you have is fries, hot dog, pizza, and chicken strips.
I'm still mad they got rid of the fried chicken. It was awesome value.

Quote:

When company values and goals are poorly defined, people have to make #### up to justify their existence there.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2024, 02:27 PM   #18610
you&me
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Somewhat in the same vein, I was clever enough to scan the "goal setting" questionnaire from the kids' school last year; no eye rolling and paraphrasing Derek Zoolander this year!

"We would like for little you&me to learn to Read Good and... Wanna Learn to Do Other Stuff Good Too"
you&me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to you&me For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2024, 02:33 PM   #18611
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bananas. I wish they lasted longer. I only want to grocery shop once a week and by the end of the week they start getting all soft and bruised. I use a hanger and keep them out of sunlight and all that stuff to try and preserve them but man sometimes you get these beautiful looking bananas on a Sunday and by wednesday they are already browning and soft. You get a few more days from the green ones but then you have to deal with with a few days of eating the bananas that taste like tree bark.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2024, 03:03 PM   #18612
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Bananas. I wish they lasted longer. I only want to grocery shop once a week and by the end of the week they start getting all soft and bruised. I use a hanger and keep them out of sunlight and all that stuff to try and preserve them but man sometimes you get these beautiful looking bananas on a Sunday and by wednesday they are already browning and soft. You get a few more days from the green ones but then you have to deal with with a few days of eating the bananas that taste like tree bark.
Totes. What the heck have they been doing since they figured out the seedless watermelon? There's been zero fruit advancement and bananas should be top of list.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2024, 03:14 PM   #18613
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
I'm still mad they got rid of the fried chicken. It was awesome value.

When company values and goals are poorly defined, people have to make #### up to justify their existence there.
You mean the chicken wings? Great value.

My dad would bring them before a Flames game, awful for you but #### was it delicious.
The Following User Says Thank You to Paulie Walnuts For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2024, 09:15 PM   #18614
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
Totes. What the heck have they been doing since they figured out the seedless watermelon? There's been zero fruit advancement and bananas should be top of list.

where do they get seeds to plant to grow seedless watermelons?
Old 09-26-2024, 09:36 PM   #18615
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc-chris View Post
When mommy watermelon and daddy watermelon love each other...
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2024, 09:55 PM   #18616
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc-chris View Post
Horrible, sinful deeds?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

The World Ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. - Flames Fans

Life is pain. Anyone who says differently is selling something. - The Dread Pirate Roberts
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2024, 05:05 AM   #18617
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
When’s the last time you saw a seed in a banana?
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote