Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Leagues and Games > Calgarypuck Hockey League
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2024, 05:27 PM   #1
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default New site for lines/simming

Savvy users will see that the list of unassigned players is on some weird version of the site.
Let me explain.
Jon and I have been quietly working to see how we can enable web lines, which is a major point of friction for GMs, so they don't have to use the Editor.
There are several challenges with this including porting over the entire player detail including all prospects and salaries. And there are pieces of functionality that we rely on that we can't figure out how to make work with the web portal (the big one being how we handle cap and cheese). And we simply ran out of runway this off-season.

So instead what we are going to do, which is not ideal but still a step in the right direction is leverage this site:

https://cphl.sths.ca/index.php

For all things related to simming. This means you will use the site to set lines and see standings/stats.

GM things will still be on our other site:

https://cphlsim.com/

This will be where you maintain your overall franchise, including total roster, salary cap/cheese, prospects and making trades.

So a little clunky but this solves for making setting lines way easier. And it gives us time to figure out if we can make the rest work for next summer, or if we need to adapt our rules to accommodate moving fully over to the new site.

Questions?

Oh - you can't play with the new site yet. Each team will have a password set for them, and I need to update the sim fully.
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2024, 05:35 PM   #2
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Site looks neat. Thanks for working on this, guys.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 03:32 PM   #3
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've updated the site with passwords for each GM to access their pages, so they can start to play with how to set lines and what not. Keep in mind this is new for all of us. The password is the same as on the primary cphl.calgarypuck.com site.

it's not yet time to send in roster corrections or position additions. That will come after free agency.
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post: