Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2024, 02:40 PM   #6981
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Ben-Gurion

And so, here we are...decades later, perpetuating exactly what was known so long ago. So I gotta ask, how is what Israel is doing now going to solve anything?
Not only 2 millions of Arabs are living in Israel, but also several Arab countries actually have piece with Israel.
Pointman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 02:41 PM   #6982
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zary's-Mustache View Post
And Israelis in the West Bank are still murdering innocent Palestinians.

What's worse, cheering on murder or still murdering? About 100 children in the West Bank have been killed by Israelis since Oct 7. Do you care about that?
West Bank and Gaza are two different entities entirely and they hate each other. Look up Hamas - Fatah wars.

Last edited by Pointman; 05-26-2024 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-26-2024, 03:01 PM   #6983
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Q_ View Post
This is an odd take. Who in your opinion do the occupied territories belong to? If you think it's just "Judea and Samaria" that constitutes "Eretz Yisrael", then there's your answer right there. I mean, the entire world agrees that your opinion is wrong if that's the case, but who are we to tell you that.
It's not even a take. It was a question. I keep hearing about "stolen" land and I want to understand what you mean by that. Do you mean that whole Israel is on "stolen" land? Or just West Bank? What exactly do you mean by "stolen"? There are two possible meanings here: ownership of the land, as like I own my house and yard, and instilling Israel law.

Let's say some Arab farmer owned a piece of land in British Empire. British Empire decided that this land is now part of Israeli state. But that Arab farmer still owned that actual piece of land. So I don't get how it is "stolen". I lived through the fall of USSR. I lived in apartment in Moscow in USSR. One day I woke up and I live in a different country. In Russia that is. With different constitution, set of laws, borders and head of state. But my actual apartment wasn't stolen. Feel free to clarify, as this is something I'm actually willing to listen to.

The issue with West Bank settlements is actually not that they settle on the land. That land is bought according to Israeli sources and "almost 2/3 legally bought and the rest is purchased illegally" according to West Bank sources I found. The issue with settlements is that they are governed by Israeli law, rather than Palestinian law.

Last edited by Pointman; 05-26-2024 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-26-2024, 03:04 PM   #6984
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Wait, aren't you the one who ran away from Ukraine when Russia invaded? You of all people should be able to answer that question..unless you agree with Russia invading Ukraine and if they can steal it fair and square then you agree Russia owns the land?
I'm not from Ukraine, I have never even been there except for a train ride to Crimea as 5 years old in USSR times.
Old 05-26-2024, 03:08 PM   #6985
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Q_ View Post
Yet, Hamas has, on numerous occasions, offered to give back the hostages in exchange for ceasing of hostilities. Israel has refused each time, including the deal from 2 weeks ago, which the US even assumed was a done deal.
Where did you see it? What I know is that Hamas offered to release hostages in return of Israel stopping the war, withdrawing from Gaza, releasing Gazans from Israeli prisons, most of whom are convicted criminals, and, most importantly, allowing Hamas back into power. You can't accept it unless you believe that Hamas should be allowed go back to power.
Old 05-26-2024, 03:15 PM   #6986
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Cite some posts where it is clear I hate jews. I'll be waiting.

Palestinian prisoners are absolutely the exact same as Israeli prisoners. There are way more Palestinian hostages being held without charge in Israeli jails including women and children.

Don't let your hate of religion, I mean Muslims cloud your view.
Israelis, before October 7th, did not regularly venture into Gaza and arrest people there. So, most if not all Gazans who are in Israel prisons, were arrested on territory that is internationally considered Israel. As such, they are facing Israeli prosecution. Similarly, anyone arrested in Canada is facing Canadian prosecution and is held in Canadian jail. It's perfectly consistent with how things happen all over the world.
Old 05-26-2024, 03:25 PM   #6987
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointman View Post
It's not even a take. It was a question. I keep hearing about "stolen" land and I want to understand what you mean by that. Do you mean that whole Israel is on "stolen" land? Or just West Bank? What exactly do you mean by "stolen"? There are two possible meanings here: ownership of the land, as like I own my house and yard, and instilling Israel law.

Let's say some Arab farmer owned a piece of land in British Empire. British Empire decided that this land is now part of Israeli state. But that Arab farmer still owned that actual piece of land. So I don't get how it is "stolen". I lived through the fall of USSR. I lived in apartment in Moscow in USSR. One day I woke up and I live in a different country. In Russia that is. With different constitution, set of laws, borders and head of state. But my actual apartment wasn't stolen. Feel free to clarify, as this is something I'm actually willing to listen to.

The issue with West Bank settlements is actually not that they settle on the land. That land is bought according to Israeli sources and "almost 2/3 legally bought and the rest is purchased illegally" according to West Bank sources I found. The issue with settlements is that they are governed by Israeli law, rather than Palestinian law.
I think the issue is that you don't actually understand what the facts are.

Quote:
Between 12 and 16 April hundreds of Israeli settlers went on a deadly rampage launching violent raids on Palestinian villages in the West Bank including in al-Mughayyir, Duma, Deir Dibwan, Beitin and Aqraba. In these attacks, in which settlers set fire to homes, trees and vehicles, at least four Palestinians were killed by either settlers or Israeli forces, including 17-year-old boy Omar Hamed near Ramallah, and two men shot dead near Nablus– Abdulrahman Bani Fadel and Mohammed Bani Jami’. In the latest violence, a Palestinian paramedic was shot dead in the village of al-Sawiya south of Nablus on 20 April.

Quote:
“Establishing Israeli settlements in the Occupied Palestinian Territories flagrantly violates international law and constitutes a war crime. Violence is integral to the establishment and expansion of these settlements and to sustaining apartheid. It’s time for the world to recognize this and pressure Israeli authorities to abide by international law by immediately halting settlement expansion and removing all existing settlements.”
https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/ne...tle-apartheid/
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 03:29 PM   #6988
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Ben-Gurion

And so, here we are...decades later, perpetuating exactly what was known so long ago. So I gotta ask, how is what Israel is doing now going to solve anything?
Just to be clear. What you quoted is not a quote of Ben Gurion. It is a report by some Goldmann, who claimed that allegedly Ben Gurion told him that in private. And it is written as such on the Wikipedia page you quoted.
Old 05-26-2024, 03:33 PM   #6989
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I think the issue is that you don't actually understand what the facts are.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/ne...tle-apartheid/
I didn't see anything about "stealing land" there. Article claims that Israelis raided some West Bank villages, killing four locals. Did they then erased villages and settle on that land or what? I want a very specific response about stealing land, not about Israeli committing atrocities in general.
Old 05-26-2024, 03:43 PM   #6990
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Cite some posts where it is clear I hate jews. I'll be waiting.

Palestinian prisoners are absolutely the exact same as Israeli prisoners. There are way more Palestinian hostages being held without charge in Israeli jails including women and children.

Don't let your hate of religion, I mean Muslims cloud your view.
1) Every post you make makes it clear you hate Jews

2) Prisoners aren't hostages, the Israeli hostages haven't done anything illegal, the same can't be said about Palestinian prisoners.

3) I don't hate anyone including Muslims, Yes, I hate all religion but Islam just happens to be the dark light of religion right now, as a matter of fact there has never been a religion more brutal than Islam, not only do they kill non-believers they kill each other for some of the most stupid, outdated barbaric reasons. It's low IQ
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 03:53 PM   #6991
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I didn't see anything about "stealing land" there. Article claims that Israelis raided some West Bank villages, killing four locals. Did they then erased villages and settle on that land or what? I want a very specific response about stealing land, not about Israeli committing atrocities in general.
You only see what you want to see. Is this really the first you are reading about this? Honestly man, go do some research with an open mind.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 03:58 PM   #6992
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post

2) Prisoners aren't hostages, the Israeli hostages haven't done anything illegal, the same can't be said about Palestinian prisoners.

3) I don't hate anyone including Muslims, Yes, I hate all religion but Islam just happens to be the dark light of religion right now, as a matter of fact there has never been a religion more brutal than Islam, not only do they kill non-believers they kill each other for some of the most stupid, outdated barbaric reasons. It's low IQ
I love all religions including jews unlike your little ball of hate filled heart.

Go outside and let some light shine through. You're just a black heart who hates people because of the god they believe in. I feel bad for you, I honestly do.

Again, show me a post just one that makes you believe I hate jews. Just one. Go ahead.

There are thousands of Palestinians in Israeli jails without charge. Without charge. Not charged. Hostages.
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 04:39 PM   #6993
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not really relevant to the topic, but isn't the Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Mormon, jehovah's witness, ect, all the same God? Just religions using different search engines.

Just want to point out that someone of this planet is using Bing.
Old 05-26-2024, 04:52 PM   #6994
Flames Fan, Ph.D.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Apparently there are tunnels under the place where Israel said the displaced people could set up their tents.

Very unlucky that the people put their tents right where the tunnels are.
Flames Fan, Ph.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flames Fan, Ph.D. For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2024, 07:35 PM   #6995
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/sirens-sou...111907579.html

Special place in hell for the scumbag IDf.
Old 05-26-2024, 07:46 PM   #6996
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Videos on social media of tents with people inside being burnt alive mostly women and children and infants. Disturbing stuff.
Old 05-26-2024, 07:54 PM   #6997
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
So, why don't Hamas release the hostages, if this is the opposite of what Netanyahu wants? They release hostages and, according to you, put Netanyahu in a no-win situation. So, why don't Hamas do it?
Because they’re a terrorist organization and they think they can get something in exchange for those hostages, which is why they have agreed to multiple ceasefire arrangements that have involved the release of hostages in exchange for something.

You OK? This the first time you’re becoming familiar with Hamas or something.

Quote:

You used to post propaganda videos produced by white nationalists urging people to take action against Muslims.

You know, before you get confused and think you get to pretend you have any credibility on the topic of “hate.”
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2024, 08:53 PM   #6998
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post

You used to post propaganda videos produced by white nationalists urging people to take action against Muslims.

You know, before you get confused and think you get to pretend you have any credibility on the topic of “hate.”
Again, can you please show where I posted these. what are you? another Trump where you can spew enough lies that people believe it including yourself.

I have never posted any kind of hate videos so show it or just STFU and stop acting like a complete moron
Old 05-26-2024, 09:04 PM   #6999
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Again, can you please show where I posted these. what are you? another Trump where you can spew enough lies that people believe it including yourself.

I have never posted any kind of hate videos so show it or just STFU and stop acting like a complete moron
Still waiting for you to show me where I hate jews in every post.
Old 05-26-2024, 09:17 PM   #7000
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Still waiting for you to show me where I hate jews in every post.
It's a big thread, it would be easier for you to show me where you don't.