Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2024, 01:26 PM   #6961
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
The new Azure spin.
Other countries are making them commit genocide.
You should stop talking about other posters and start talking about the topic, if you have any substance to add.
Pointman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 01:36 PM   #6962
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zary's-Mustache View Post
My bad I don't actually watch the videos but yeah he said he wants to form palestine from the river to the sea. What's wrong with that?
Hitler wanted a Germany from, well, mountains to mountains (Alps to Ural, roughly). Putin wants Russia from, well, sea to sea (Baltic to Japanese, roughly). Any callss to re-draw borders, let alone erase a state, should be eradicated. Respect to borders and to existing states is paramount to the world peace. Just because you believe that borders are not "fair" or some state should not exist at all - like Putin says Ukraine should not exist at all - is not a good reason to re-draw them. Otherwise humankind will be in a never ending loops of taking rach other's land based on some made up reasons.
Old 05-26-2024, 01:39 PM   #6963
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointman View Post
So, why don't Hamas release the hostages, if this is the opposite of what Netanyahu wants? They release hostages and, according to you, put Netanyahu in a no-win situation. So, why don't Hamas do it?
The same reason Israel isn't releasing the Palestinian hostages, both are terrorist organizations and wanna instill fear and use them as bargaining chips.
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 01:43 PM   #6964
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Are you in Gaza Pointman? Is that why it takes you a week to reply to posts? Maybe israel shut off the internet again.

Not gonna reply to you anymore as you come in spurts 3 weeks at a time and don't reply until all the points have been rehashed multiple times.
Old 05-26-2024, 01:46 PM   #6965
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
That's some serious lies, so you will be called out for that. ICJ ruling, if you read the actual ruling, says that investigators should be allowed into Gaza to investigate allegations of genocide. Spinning this as if ICJ agreed that Israel is doing genocide is huge lie.
Old 05-26-2024, 01:48 PM   #6966
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Are you in Gaza Pointman? Is that why it takes you a week to reply to posts? Maybe israel shut off the internet again.

Not gonna reply to you anymore as you come in spurts 3 weeks at a time and don't reply until all the points have been rehashed multiple times.
I'm in Haifa. I don't come here often as I have more important things to do. I do not read between my visits. If I don't post, most likely I don't read either.
Old 05-26-2024, 01:50 PM   #6967
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
The same reason Israel isn't releasing the Palestinian hostages, both are terrorist organizations and wanna instill fear and use them as bargaining chips.
Israel doesn't hold any Palestinians as hostages.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pointman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2024, 01:55 PM   #6968
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That's right, Gazans should have never fired at the first place. This war started with Gaza's attack on Israel, just in case anyone forgot it.

Hamas. It's Hamas. Does this make you feel better while you cheer lead the murder of civilians? You can justify it because they are all monsters and rats? They are all responsible? Collective punishment, wipe them form the Earth?

Seriously man, you really really need to step back. You are a human first, and so are those getting starved and killed. Try remembering that. There is no justification.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2024, 01:57 PM   #6969
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Hitler wanted a Germany from, well, mountains to mountains (Alps to Ural, roughly). Putin wants Russia from, well, sea to sea (Baltic to Japanese, roughly). Any callss to re-draw borders, let alone erase a state, should be eradicated. Respect to borders and to existing states is paramount to the world peace. Just because you believe that borders are not "fair" or some state should not exist at all - like Putin says Ukraine should not exist at all - is not a good reason to re-draw them. Otherwise humankind will be in a never ending loops of taking rach other's land based on some made up reasons.
Presumably you condemn in the strongest form the theft of the West Bank from Palestinians then?
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 02:02 PM   #6970
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Pretty sure everyone has problems with violence against women which is why we all have condemned Hamas while you haven't once condemned Israel for their violence against women AND children. Killing an Israeli woman and killing a Palestinian woman is the exact same murder even if you clearly believe an Israeli life is more important than a Palestinian life.

The fact that you even brought that up shows your bias. You haven't mentioned the thousands of Palestinian women murdered by Israel, wonder why that is?
Gazans have to blame their government, that started the war and declated that they don't want a neighbor state to exist. Gazans complaining about Israel bombing them is like russians complaining about Ukrainians bombing them.
Old 05-26-2024, 02:03 PM   #6971
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Presumably you condemn in the strongest form the theft of the West Bank from Palestinians then?
That land was bought, according to even Palestinian sources.
Old 05-26-2024, 02:05 PM   #6972
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Hamas. It's Hamas. Does this make you feel better while you cheer lead the murder of civilians? You can justify it because they are all monsters and rats? They are all responsible? Collective punishment, wipe them form the Earth?

Seriously man, you really really need to step back. You are a human first, and so are those getting starved and killed. Try remembering that. There is no justification.
Hamas is Gaza's government. Isn't it? They are not some criminal organization that is somehow separated from Gaza. They are literally Gaza's elected government.
Old 05-26-2024, 02:07 PM   #6973
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fan, Ph.D. View Post
Surgical strikes!

Someone should have thought of that earlier.
How comes NATO can't kill Putin with a surgical strike?
Old 05-26-2024, 02:08 PM   #6974
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I must have missed the part where innocent Palestinian's were grabbed, beaten and raped at a festival by Jews and held hostage

We get it, it's clear you hate Jews but don't try to spin it that Palestinian prisoners are the same as the Hamas hostages.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2024, 02:10 PM   #6975
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
That's right, Gazans should have never fired at the first place. This war started with Gaza's attack on Israel, just in case anyone forgot it.
lol, why are all you guys such liars? Guess the truth doesn't suit your narrative? Why can't you just let facts inform your positions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Do you know if Israel was violent at all toward Palestinians prior to October 7? Like, do you know if Israel killed more Palestinians in every single year than the other way around?

Oh hai, I found some info on that (citation):
2008 - 2024 - 6,847 Palestinian fatalities at the hands of Israel (data on casualties in the Gaza Strip are not added post October 7, 2023 until these incidents have been independently verified).

2008 - 2024 - 321 Israeli fatalities at the hands of Palestinians.

That Israel is pretty scrappy for a peaceful nation, guy.

Maybe the injuries will tell a different story...oh wait, nope! Turns out the peace-loving IDF likes inflicting injuries on Palestinians, too:

2008 - 2024 - 158,123 Palestinian injuries at the hands of Israel (data on injuries in the Gaza Strip are not added post October 7, 2023 until these incidents have been independently verified).

2008 - 2024 - 6,449 Israeli injuries at the hands of Palestinians.

I assume this will change nothing about how you view the situation lol.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2024, 02:18 PM   #6976
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
I must have missed the part where innocent Palestinian's were grabbed, beaten and raped at a festival by Jews and held hostage

We get it, it's clear you hate Jews but don't try to spin it that Palestinian prisoners are the same as the Hamas hostages.
Cite some posts where it is clear I hate jews. I'll be waiting.

Palestinian prisoners are absolutely the exact same as Israeli prisoners. There are way more Palestinian hostages being held without charge in Israeli jails including women and children.

Don't let your hate of religion, I mean Muslims cloud your view.
Old 05-26-2024, 02:19 PM   #6977
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Sure, here's two lies on this page alone:

I already fact checked and posted the truth from the UN site and even linked the source.
You quoted the wrong time. Israel was founded at 1948. You provided a wuote saying that Jews owned little land between 1880 and 1920.

Last edited by Pointman; 05-26-2024 at 02:23 PM.
Old 05-26-2024, 02:23 PM   #6978
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
lol, why are all you guys such liars? Guess the truth doesn't suit your narrative? Why can't you just let facts inform your positions?
Wait, you want to say that there was already an open war going on before October 7th? Such a war that, you know, they had a music festival right on the border. And many Gazans were working in Israel on work visas. But nevermind, I reiterate: are you trying to say tgat there was a war between Israel and Gaza on October 6th?
Old 05-26-2024, 02:27 PM   #6979
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Palestinian prisoners are absolutely the exact same as Israeli prisoners. There are way more Palestinian hostages being held without charge in Israeli jails including women and children.
Care to provide the link? All I have seen so far is West Bank people are allegedly being held without charge. Never saw that about Gaza people. West Bank is not Gaza. In fact, they hate each other and had an open war. West Bank authorities actually supported the blockade of Gaza.
Old 05-26-2024, 02:35 PM   #6980
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThief View Post
The fleeing happened when the drafting started. It wasn't some protest.
It started immediately after the war, not after the draft, and it was a protest. However, the waiting lines were almost year-long, so by the time the draft started, I had to flee rather than wait for Israeli authorities to get to my application. That's what most people remember, so for some they remember it as if I fled the draft. Truth is, I decided to leave russia and applied for Israeli citizenship a month after invasion, when most still expected fast win by Russia.

It is well documented here:

https://forum.calgarypuck.com/showth...80#post8948080