Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2024, 07:19 PM   #9121
Engine09
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Furiosa is just as enjoyable and well made as Fury Road, loved it. I had reservations with Chris Hemsworth but was very wrong, he's far more capable than he displays in the silly Thor movies. These past 2 Mad Max movies just nail it when it comes to action sequences, exciting and beautiful to watch. Anya Taylor-Joy is an angel from heaven and badass at the same time.
Engine09 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Engine09 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2024, 02:50 AM   #9122
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
Fall guy is already downloadable. Is it out of the theatres already?
It's still showing but it must have been a somewhat box office flop so it's now available to stream for $25.00 and of course when that happens it's downloadable everywhere
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2024, 11:03 AM   #9123
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
It's still showing but it must have been a somewhat box office flop so it's now available to stream for $25.00 and of course when that happens it's downloadable everywhere
I watched it. Its not worth $25.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2024, 03:11 PM   #9124
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
I was going to watch it tonight but then Civil War just showed up. Plus I have 2 more Godzilla movies to go!
Old 05-24-2024, 11:45 PM   #9125
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Watched the 2007 Canadian horror movie End of the Line, highly recommend it. The basic premise is a bunch of people on their way home on an underground subway, encounter members of a cult who believe that the apocalypse is upon them so they start killing citizens. It plays similar to a zombie movie but with a cult twist. Great movie
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 03:09 PM   #9126
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Went to see Furiosa at the IMAX in Landmark Country Hills today and had a bad experience. At first I thought it was just a weird audio mix but it became very apparent by the first action scene that the entire bass audio channel was missing completely. They couldn’t do anything about it. You can imagine that’s pretty important in this movie particularly so we just ended up leaving and getting refunded. I’d been really looking forward to this movie so really annoyed. Theatres shouldn’t be sitting around wondering why they’re all going broke.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2024, 03:22 PM   #9127
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I watched it at Westhills, definitely a lot of bass from the cycles. I felt it was too long and fury road is my top 3 movie of all time. Was still good but a little more hollywoody but also more gorey. Definitely more of the back story vs the frenetic crazy fury road.
fotze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 03:23 PM   #9128
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Went to see Furiosa at the IMAX in Landmark Country Hills today and had a bad experience. At first I thought it was just a weird audio mix but it became very apparent by the first action scene that the entire bass audio channel was missing completely. They couldn’t do anything about it. You can imagine that’s pretty important in this movie particularly so we just ended up leaving and getting refunded. I’d been really looking forward to this movie so really annoyed. Theatres shouldn’t be sitting around wondering why they’re all going broke.
Sorry, I always laugh at bad movie-going experiences...I know they suck, I've had more than my fair share, but they usually at least make for a good story.

And I completely agree with you that theaters shouldnt be wondering why they're going broke.

The good ones realize that they have to 'up' the service. Better seats, better sounds, better food drinks to engage in an overall better experience. And even with all that and the fact that the ensuing cost is outrageous! People will still go. Its like this strange Social Contract that we have.

Its literally the only thing they're there for so ya can't screw it up!

And yet here we are...

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 05-25-2024, 03:26 PM   #9129
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

I unfortunately doubled down and did the Netflix double header of Rebel Moon. Woof.

Also a big fat meh, to Godzilla x Kong. I knew going in it wasn't going to be as good as the first two but it was a steep drop. That was Transformers 3 bad.
Old 05-25-2024, 03:29 PM   #9130
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
I unfortunately doubled down and did the Netflix double header of Rebel Moon. Woof.

Also a big fat meh, to Godzilla x Kong. I knew going in it wasn't going to be as good as the first two but it was a steep drop. That was Transformers 3 bad.
Ah, I loved Godzilla x Kong. There's a good deal of modern 'summer blockbuster' stupidity in there where they think something is far more charming than it actually is - but I still really enjoyed it. It was fun.

I'm not sure how you made it through both parts of Rebel Moon. I couldn't even get to the half hour mark on the first one. Your dedication is admirable.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2024, 03:32 PM   #9131
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post

Welp. Thanks for taking one for 'The Team' because I've been toying with the idea. Now I think ol' Zack's gonna have to just bank that because I dont think I'll be watching it.

Godzilla x Kong? Not Godzilla vs. Kong? I assume you mean the newest one which I havent yet seen. I enjoyed the last one well enough.

Old 05-25-2024, 03:35 PM   #9132
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

The films Zack Snyder literally plagerized to write rebel moon did a way better job of telling the story and definitely did not need to be sci-fi'ed up or Alitta Battleangeled up.

Save the time and embrace Seven Samurai and The Magnificent 7.
Old 05-25-2024, 03:36 PM   #9133
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Welp. Thanks for taking one for 'The Team' because I've been toying with the idea. Now I think ol' Zack's gonna have to just bank that because I dont think I'll be watching it.

Godzilla x Kong? Not Godzilla vs. Kong? I assume you mean the newest one which I havent yet seen. I enjoyed the last one well enough.
Yeah the newest one. It totally jumped the shark. There were some cool parts but it turned into a toy commercial pretty quickly.
Old 05-25-2024, 03:41 PM   #9134
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
Ah, I loved Godzilla x Kong. There's a good deal of modern 'summer blockbuster' stupidity in there where they think something is far more charming than it actually is - but I still really enjoyed it. It was fun.

I'm not sure how you made it through both parts of Rebel Moon. I couldn't even get to the half hour mark on the first one. Your dedication is admirable.
I think my issue with Godzilla x Kong was the CG wasn't as....it's gonna sound dumb but as realistic as the first two. The environment in which they exist turned from "holy sh**, there's giant lizards in Honolulu" to whatever Hollow Earth is.
Old 05-25-2024, 04:21 PM   #9135
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Sorry, I always laugh at bad movie-going experiences...I know they suck, I've had more than my fair share, but they usually at least make for a good story.

And I completely agree with you that theaters shouldnt be wondering why they're going broke.

The good ones realize that they have to 'up' the service. Better seats, better sounds, better food drinks to engage in an overall better experience. And even with all that and the fact that the ensuing cost is outrageous! People will still go. Its like this strange Social Contract that we have.

Its literally the only thing they're there for so ya can't screw it up!

And yet here we are...
Oh for sure, I would’ve been less annoyed if it was some whatever movie I didn’t really care about but this legit the only movie I care to see in theatres anytime recently and they botched it. Now I gotta try to find another day I can go, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2024, 04:37 PM   #9136
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Oh for sure, I would’ve been less annoyed if it was some whatever movie I didn’t really care about but this legit the only movie I care to see in theatres anytime recently and they botched it. Now I gotta try to find another day I can go, etc.
Ahah! So its a 'Big Theater' conspiracy! Now they'll have managed to sell you 2 tickets!

Thats how they get you!

Old 05-25-2024, 04:40 PM   #9137
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ahah! So its a 'Big Theater' conspiracy! Now they'll have managed to sell you 2 tickets!

Thats how they get you!
Honestly by the time I line up a day and time with my same friend it’ll probably be on streaming already anyways, doesn’t look like it’s exactly lighting up the box office.
Old 05-25-2024, 04:55 PM   #9138
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Honestly by the time I line up a day and time with my same friend it’ll probably be on streaming already anyways, doesn’t look like it’s exactly lighting up the box office.
There were 7 people in the theatre and we were 3 of them.
Old 05-25-2024, 04:59 PM   #9139
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze2 View Post
There were 7 people in the theatre and we were 3 of them.
Yeah well, in fairness the "Ogden Block" is technically not a 'theater' in the conventional sense and the other 4 people were almost certainly there for the crack rather than the film.

Good acoustics though.

The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2024, 05:08 PM   #9140
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah well, in fairness the "Ogden Block" is technically not a 'theater' in the conventional sense and the other 4 people were almost certainly there for the crack rather than the film.

Good acoustics though.
You should open a Hollywood bowl in that crater. Bring in pear jam and soundgarden.