Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2024, 04:47 PM   #5621
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don’t have concerns about the battery because knowing me (as I do), I’ll probably drive this for 4/5 years and then get a full EV. I just feel like that’s the likely progression here.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 11:15 PM   #5622
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

So anyone’s who’s ever been interested in classic cars might know the name Steve Magnante. He got quite seriously sick a while ago and while he’s recovering with some setbacks, he’s also apparently selling all his vehicles, items and house just to pay for his medical bills.

####ing so sad man. Guy is the definition of America, contributed and worked his off for years, shared with and improved the automotive community, including a ton of free content all to lose it all to a disease and be left behind because of medical bills.

Not sure how to find which gofundme for him is legit, but if any of you guys are aware please let me know.
Old 05-27-2024, 10:29 AM   #5623
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd like to redo the 3M film on my car; it's been about eight years, so it's now damaged and sun-stained now. Anyone have any good recommendations where I can get it done for a decent price?
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 05:51 PM   #5624
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I know that some folks here have these Kia's and I'm assuming the problem exists in Canadian vehicles as well (maybe it is a problem in the Hyundai version as well):
https://www.reuters.com/business/aut...sk-2024-06-07/

Quote:
Owners of about 463,000 Kia (000270.KS), opens new tab vehicles in the United States should park outside and away from structures until they get a recall repair for fire risks completed.
The Korean automaker said Friday it was recalling Telluride sport utility vehicles from the 2020 through 2024 model years over fire risks stemming from overheating front power seat motors.
Kia said it has reports of one underseat fire and six reports of the seat motor melting -- including some with smoke in the compartment or complaints of burning smells -- but no crashes or injuries.

Last edited by calgarygeologist; 06-08-2024 at 06:12 PM.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2024, 05:58 PM   #5625
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
I know that some folks here have these Kia's and I'm assuming the problem exists in Canadian vehicles as well (maybe it is a problem in the Hyundai version as well:
https://www.reuters.com/business/aut...sk-2024-06-07/
Thanks, we have a '22. Haven't received a notice yet, but will watch for it.

Almost 50,000 kms on it now and it has been perfect (in case anybody cares). A great family vehicle.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 01:44 PM   #5626
Canadianman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Couldn't think of a better place for this, but I just signed what I consider to be a smoking deal on a 2 year lease on a 2024 F-150.

2 year lease (32,000 km total)
XLT
3.5L hybrid
red metallic colour
302A package
black appearance package
tow/haul package
mobile office package
Front & Rear moulded splash guards
spray-in bedliner

for a pre-pay price of $9747.90 (works out to $404/month). When I price it out on ford.ca, it's $465 biweekly for a 4 year lease.

I think the smoking deal is specifically on factory ordered XLTs with the hybrid engine. It has a crazy high residual amount right now.

If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll share the important details.

Last edited by Canadianman; 06-10-2024 at 06:31 PM.
Canadianman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Canadianman For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2024, 03:20 PM   #5627
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianman View Post
Couldn't think of a better place for this, but I just signed what I consider to be a smoking deal on a 2 year lease on a 2024 F-150.

XLT
3.5L hybrid
302A
red metallic
black appearance package
tow/haul package
mobile office package
spray-in bedliner

for a pre-pay price of $9747.90 (works out to $404/month). When I price it out on ford.ca, it's $465 biweekly for a 4 year lease.

I think the smoking deal is specifically on factory ordered XLTs with the hybrid engine. It has a crazy high residual amount right now.

That is an incredible deal.

Does it have lane centering and radar cruise? (still a great deal if not, but those are options that are non negotiable for my use case)
Old 06-10-2024, 03:49 PM   #5628
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are you having trouble keeping it between the lines?
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 04:07 PM   #5629
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
Are you having trouble keeping it between the lines?
Hah.

Gotta tell you, I love lane keep and radar cruise/stop-start in my Genesis so much (for highway and for traffic) that my F150 is a bit of a chore now. We're doing the Oregon Coast this summer with my RV and man would I love to have all those features for all the driving I'm going to be doing. Wasn't planning on a new truck for a couple years, but that deal posted is exceptional.
Old 06-10-2024, 04:16 PM   #5630
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Hah.

Gotta tell you, I love lane keep and radar cruise/stop-start in my Genesis so much (for highway and for traffic) that my F150 is a bit of a chore now. We're doing the Oregon Coast this summer with my RV and man would I love to have all those features for all the driving I'm going to be doing. Wasn't planning on a new truck for a couple years, but that deal posted is exceptional.
I don't know for certain but I believe that some of the driver assistance features such as lane keep/centering are now disabled in F150s when a trailer is plugged into the 4/7 pin. I read that it was a safety decision because it was over correcting at times and creating excess trailer sway conditions.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2024, 04:18 PM   #5631
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Never had lane keep assist, just the warnings, but I'll never go without adaptive cruise control again
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 04:25 PM   #5632
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Never had lane keep assist, just the warnings, but I'll never go without adaptive cruise control again
That's crazy to me. I love it.
Old 06-10-2024, 04:27 PM   #5633
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I rented a lane assist, was not a fan but didn’t know it was on. I like to get to the far side when passing a semi and was not expecting g the hand of god to shoot me right. Freaked me right out. Did not seem safe at all. I probably wouldn’t mind if I knew it was coming.
fotze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fotze2 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2024, 04:49 PM   #5634
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze2 View Post
I rented a lane assist, was not a fan but didn’t know it was on. I like to get to the far side when passing a semi and was not expecting g the hand of god to shoot me right. Freaked me right out. Did not seem safe at all. I probably wouldn’t mind if I knew it was coming.
lol, that means you weren't signalling. Throw on your signal light and you can scoot over lines to your heart's content.

Edit: oh just staying over to the far side of the lane you were currently in. I got you. Newer systems know drivers prefer that and allow for it. I think once you have it for a bit you understand how your system works and account for those types of things. You can also just turn em all off.
Old 06-10-2024, 06:14 PM   #5635
Canadianman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
That is an incredible deal.

Does it have lane centering and radar cruise? (still a great deal if not, but those are options that are non negotiable for my use case)

Yes, those are both included in the 302A package.

It is an insanely good deal. I got the impression that it's caused by a perfect storm of Ford offering significant discounts on each of the XLT model, the hybrid engine and the black appearance package that can all be residualized.

Like I said, I'm happy to share details with anyone who is interested. If you use me as a referral, I'll share whatever I get.
Canadianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 06:23 PM   #5636
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze2 View Post
Yeah I rented one unknowingly and my first 50 kms were down a single lane undivided 80 km/hr road. It was like the car wanted me to get into a head on collision.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 07:01 PM   #5637
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Yeah I rented one unknowingly and my first 50 kms were down a single lane undivided 80 km/hr road. It was like the car wanted me to get into a head on collision.
What make of vehicle? My lived-with experience is with Hyundai/Kia and it's amazing.

I found Audis to be pretty mid and bordering on bad.

Mercedes was fine.

Haven't tried Ford.
Old 06-10-2024, 07:24 PM   #5638
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
I like adaptive cruise but not a deal breaker for me. One thing that GMG about it is you’re going hard passing everyone, get around them all, pull back into the left hand lane, and the lumber wagons you blew by are now catching up to you. You look down and you car has slowed to well believe the sped limit ‘cause the tortoise ahead has slowed you. Also, adaptive cruise is hard in your brakes, your car is either in the gas or in the brakes there’s no coasting.

There are varying degrees of lane assist throughout the manufacturers. Lane centering (which I’ve experienced in the Lincolns) is much “steadier” then the lane assist which allows for much more wandering then in their ford counterparts. I know many have changed manufacturers have also made adjustments over the years, in terms of “tightness”, camera sensitivity etc…. My 2018 would really lag in correction, then over stear dramatically vs how my ‘23 reacts.

Last edited by Derek Sutton; 06-10-2024 at 07:31 PM.
Derek Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 07:29 PM   #5639
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
I like adaptive cruise but not a deal breaker for me. One thing that GMG about it is you’re going hard passing everyone, get around them all, pull back into the left hand lane, and the lumber wagons you blew by are now catching up to you. You look down and you car has slowed to well believe the sped limit ‘cause the tortoise ahead has slowed you. Also, adaptive cruise is hard in your brakes, your car is either in the gas or in the brakes there’s no coasting.
My car has an eco mode that it seems to suit adaptive cruise very well. You don't get that 'full gas, then full brake' stuff like I would otherwise in regular mode
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 07:35 PM   #5640
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianman View Post

XLT
3.5L hybrid
red metallic colour
302A package
black appearance package
tow/haul package
mobile office package
spray-in bedliner

Does sound like an amazing deal, driving a brand new truck for that payment is unreal. And leasing is a great option right now given the volatility of the truck market. Just be prepared that when your lease expires, to walk way (I know that’s a ways off) and that whatever you go into next your payment is going to go up.