Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2024, 09:03 AM   #3441
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan69 View Post
Disagree on one. I have tij in the teens. One jr playoff doesnt change my mind on his assets or projection like it seems to with a lot of people. Average skater, average size, excellent one on one, great shot, intense but not particularly physical. Take out the name he sounds like a teens pick.
I was never referring to your list.

Was saying public scouting lists have him moving up, and why.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2024, 09:05 AM   #3442
Fan69
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
I don’t totally disagree (I would be happy with just about anybody in the top 12 with our pick, regardless of their name) but I don’t think you’re really looking at this clearly.

Iginla has just as much of a chance of being a stud winger as any other guy available at 9 will have a chance of being a stud center or top pairing defenceman. Now, C and D are obviously more valuable, but you can make your point that way without pretending that Iginla is just projected as a top six and everyone else is projected as some kind of all star.

His progression and age is what moved him into the top rankings. And sure, maybe his name, but someone posted earlier that names matter. Guys who grew up learning from all-star parents generally stand a better chance of making the NHL and making a proper career out of it. That’s likely due to a number of factors, but it’s not just name. Once you’re actually in the NHL, your name doesn’t matter.

I will mention it again. Nothing about tij projects past top six wing. I have almost all of the defence as projected top pair defence. More valuable.

Catton lindstrom demidov no brainers over tij. Senecke, hage, helenius on par or slightly better, and i would take senecke over tij all day every day.
Fan69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 09:07 AM   #3443
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
I will mention it again. Nothing about tij projects past top six wing. I have almost all of the defence as projected top pair defence. More valuable.

Catton lindstrom demidov no brainers over tij. Senecke, hage, helenius on par or slightly better, and i would take senecke over tij all day every day.
You'd do well to toss in the odd "I think" or 'in my opinion" here and there.

The replying with statements that seem to be facts and backed by science likely ruffle a few feathers.

McKenzie yesterday said he's never seen so little agreement in the scouts that he talks to about picks 3-12. Why should we believe you have it all figured out?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2024, 09:11 AM   #3444
Fan69
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
I am ok taking Iginla at 9 because I am not convinced anyone after Celebrini will be a 1C in this draft. If one of the top ranked D fall to Flames at 9 that would be a wise pick as well.
I dont understand this sentiment at all. Catton is only an inch shorter and a dedicated center? Even if he was converted to wing which i doubt since he lives to attack the center ice area his point totals blow tij out if the water? More skilled, better skater, one of the smartest players in the draft, with a nasty passing abilities?

Catton is really underrated for a guy who is a point and a half a game?
Old 05-24-2024, 09:13 AM   #3445
Fan69
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post

The replying with statements that seem to be facts and backed by science likely ruffle a few feathers.

McKenzie yesterday said he's never seen so little agreement in the scouts that he talks to about picks 3-12. Why should we believe you have it all figured out?
If i have facts i will state it? Its a public message board its all opinions?
The Following User Says Thank You to Fan69 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2024, 09:16 AM   #3446
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

Internet draft experts are the most curious of fans. Even Scouty McScouterson the lead scout of the Dallas Stars doesn't talk in absolutes like draft boobs do.

Its like arguing about what next weeks Lotto 6/49 numbers are gonna be. How do you not see that a 14 is gonna be picked on Wednesday, idiot!
fotze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fotze2 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2024, 09:19 AM   #3447
bdubbs
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Ah, another internet savant who believes that his opinions automatically are deemed facts because 'I said so'.
bdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bdubbs For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2024, 09:21 AM   #3448
Fan69
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubbs View Post
Ah, another internet savant who believes that his opinions automatically are deemed facts because 'I said so'.
Try rereading. I said if i have a fact i will state its a fact if not everything else is opinion. Just like everyone else.
Old 05-24-2024, 09:23 AM   #3449
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:

I know that’s what you think, I’m just telling you I think you’re wrong and pointed out why.

It’s not like you’re batting 1.000 with projections and valuations, so we’ll see.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 09:25 AM   #3450
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
A player's height is a fact. His production. Where he was born.

It's a fact to say this source has player x ranked at this spot.

It's not a fact to say this player will be better than this player. It's an opinion.

I'm all about opinions and always will be. Not stifling opinions at all.
Old 05-24-2024, 09:26 AM   #3451
Fan69
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
I know that’s what you think, I’m just telling you I think you’re wrong and pointed out why.

It’s not like you’re batting 1.000 with projections and valuations, so we’ll see.
Yup. Almost like it all educated opinion base at this point.
Old 05-24-2024, 09:28 AM   #3452
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Try rereading. I said if i have a fact i will state its a fact if not everything else is opinion. Just like everyone else.
"everyone else" isn't stating said opinions as if they are a fact or a guarantee.

You don't have to follow a style suggestion. Up to you.
Old 05-24-2024, 09:29 AM   #3453
Fan69
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
"everyone else" isn't stating said opinions as if they are a fact or a guarantee.

You don't have to follow a style suggestion. Up to you.
Someone show me where i stated my opinion as fact here? Really curious?
Old 05-24-2024, 09:49 AM   #3454
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Guys, Fan69's draft list board has Tij in the teens.

Take note.

Lol.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wastedyouth For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2024, 09:57 AM   #3455
Fan69
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
Guys, Fan69's draft list board has Tij in the teens.

Take note.

Lol.
Ya ya, im the only one with my own preferences on a public message board about drafting lol. Meanwhile we literally have a thread for you to state your first round preferences in a mock draft.
Big defensemen and big centers always go higher than project. If eiserman was a center you think many draft mocks would have him outside the top ten in spite of his shortcomings ? Not likely.

Could tij be the best winger in this draft ? Possible.

Likely? I dont think so.
Old 05-24-2024, 09:59 AM   #3456
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Ya ya, im the only one with my own preferences on a public message board about drafting lol. Meanwhile we literally have a thread for you to state your first round preferences in a mock draft.
Big defensemen and big centers always go higher than project. If eiserman was a center you think many draft mocks would have him outside the top ten in spite of his shortcomings ? Not likely.

Could tij be the best winger in this draft ? Possible.

Likely? I dont think so.
You're the only one in here currently wagging your dick around like your opinion means anything. So... enjoy I guess.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 10:04 AM   #3457
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I think we should pick Mattias Tedenby.
fotze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fotze2 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2024, 10:11 AM   #3458
Fan69
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
You're the only one in here currently wagging your dick around like your opinion means anything. So... enjoy I guess.
Again? On a public message board? Seems to me the tij fanatics just dont like to hear different opinions.
Old 05-24-2024, 10:48 AM   #3459
bdubbs
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
No thanks. Already wasted brain cells on your post the first time. You think I want an encore?
bdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 10:50 AM   #3460
Fan69
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubbs View Post
No thanks. Already wasted brain cells on your post the first time. You think I want an encore?
I have been on this board for years. One thing i noticed is fresh posters get this treatment pretty much on par. Stay cp cp.

Tags
2024 nhl draft , nhl draft