Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2024, 03:32 PM   #881
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

If not Montreal, Utah probably considers it strongly.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 06:18 PM   #882
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
Enjoy the ride.
Not possibly as much as you will.
dissentowner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 06:21 PM   #883
stemit14
First Line Centre

Exp:

I could see it being a combination of both rumours… Montreal’s top two favourites where they are picking could be Lindstrom and Iginla - in that order. The question will be if Lindstrom is there when they pick. If Columbus chooses to take Lindstrom, I think Montreal will take Iginla. If Columbus picks Catton or a defenceman, I think Montreal will take Lindstrom.
stemit14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 06:25 PM   #884
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemit14 View Post
I could see it being a combination of both rumours… Montreal’s top two favourites where they are picking could be Lindstrom and Iginla - in that order. The question will be if Lindstrom is there when they pick. If Columbus chooses to take Lindstrom, I think Montreal will take Iginla. If Columbus picks Catton or a defenceman, I think Montreal will take Lindstrom.
I think if Columbus takes Lindstrom I am pretty confident Montreal will draft Catton. Just my read on it.

Edit: unless Chicago, Anaheim, and Columbus pass on Demidov in which case Hughes will sprint to the podium to take the Russian, that I am fairly certain of.

Last edited by dissentowner; 05-16-2024 at 06:29 PM.
Old 05-16-2024, 06:32 PM   #885
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Not possibly as much as you will.
As long as you keep opening the gate every morning.
The Following User Says Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2024, 06:35 PM   #886
stemit14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I think if Columbus takes Lindstrom I am pretty confident Montreal will draft Catton. Just my read on it.

Edit: unless Chicago, Anaheim, and Columbus pass on Demidov in which case Hughes will sprint to the podium to take the Russian, that I am fairly certain of.
Interesting. If that’s true, we could likely expect the following to be off the board by the time Utah is on the clock:

Celebrini
Demidov
Catton
Levshunov
stemit14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 06:37 PM   #887
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
As long as you keep opening the gate every morning.
Ahh right, it's ok for multiple posters to post they are worried about him being gone by 9 every day but if someone thinks he will still be there at 9 here comes topfiverecords to play his typical games. You know what could be fun for a change of pace? Try actually getting involved in the discussion with some actual thoughts instead of just trying to piss people off.
Old 05-16-2024, 06:39 PM   #888
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemit14 View Post
Interesting. If that’s true, we could likely expect the following to be off the board by the time Utah is on the clock:

Celebrini
Demidov
Catton
Levshunov
Utah is definitely a wildcard as they need help everywhere. They certainly need a #1 defenseman though and there are plenty still available in that scenario? Do they draft a winger over a D man or Lindstrom who has serious #1C upside if his injuries are not a long term thing? I am not sure they do.
Old 05-16-2024, 06:55 PM   #889
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ahh right, it's ok for multiple posters to post they are worried about him being gone by 9 every day but if someone thinks he will still be there at 9 here comes topfiverecords to play his typical games. You know what could be fun for a change of pace? Try actually getting involved in the discussion with some actual thoughts instead of just trying to piss people off.
Ahh right, if someone thinks he will be gone before 9 here comes dissentowner to play his typical games. You know what could be fun for a change of pace? Try not repeating yourself every single day. Everyone here knows your take on this issue already and doesn't need it trotted out every 24 hours.

You have 66 posts in this thread. Most of them repeating the same thing over and over.
Old 05-16-2024, 07:02 PM   #890
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ahh right, if someone thinks he will be gone before 9 here comes dissentowner to play his typical games. You know what could be fun for a change of pace? Try not repeating yourself every single day. Everyone here knows your take on this issue already and doesn't need it trotted out every 24 hours.

You have 66 posts in this thread. Most of them repeating the same thing over and over.
Ahh I see, so nothing to add to the actual discussion as usual. I figured actually asking you to contribute to a thread for once with some actual thoughts was a bit too much for you to handle.
Old 05-16-2024, 07:06 PM   #891
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ahh I see, so nothing to add to the actual discussion as usual. I figured actually asking you to contribute to a thread for once with some actual thoughts was a bit too much for you to handle.
I already added my thoughts. I just don't see the need to restate them repeatedly in all the draft threads, when others are having discussion.
Old 05-16-2024, 07:39 PM   #892
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ok let's not repeat that cycle you guys seem to go through every month or two that ends with you telling people you're done with the board because they're being mean while discounting the role you played in baiting them.

Ignore them/don't start down that path.

And if you realize you're going there, have the self control to take a break.

I get not liking someone's posting style. Some are more drab than others. But if you put an inordinate amount of energy into making it known that you don't like it then you've lost - your peace, your time and your enjoyment of the board.

Just cut the catty #### ahead of what will be an exciting draft.
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 07:54 PM   #893
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post
Ok let's not repeat that cycle you guys seem to go through every month or two that ends with you telling people you're done with the board because they're being mean while discounting the role you played in baiting them.

Ignore them/don't start down that path.

And if you realize you're going there, have the self control to take a break.

I get not liking someone's posting style. Some are more drab than others. But if you put an inordinate amount of energy into making it known that you don't like it then you've lost - your peace, your time and your enjoyment of the board.

Just cut the catty #### ahead of what will be an exciting draft.
I didn't bait him at all. He started ragging in me because I was discussing with others where a player was going in the draft. That's what the thread is for and here comes with his typical drive by bs. Think about who you are defending here. Some were discussing worry about Tij going early, we were discussing Montreal's possible selection, and then this asshat comes along with a fly by post as per usual and you are coming at me? So if I have differing thoughts other than Tij Iginla going ahead of our pick I am out of line for discussing the draft, got it.
Old 05-16-2024, 07:55 PM   #894
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
That would be odd. Russians love Montreal.
All I know is when Philly drafted him it was because they were one of the only teams that he would come over to play for. In that tier of teams (top 10 or whatever)
Samonadreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 09:14 AM   #895
bdubbs
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I didn't bait him at all. He started ragging in me because I was discussing with others where a player was going in the draft. That's what the thread is for and here comes with his typical drive by bs. Think about who you are defending here. Some were discussing worry about Tij going early, we were discussing Montreal's possible selection, and then this asshat comes along with a fly by post as per usual and you are coming at me? So if I have differing thoughts other than Tij Iginla going ahead of our pick I am out of line for discussing the draft, got it.
You know exactly what you're doing. Just stop. People who actually want to read this thread are tired of seeing the bickering. You don't HAVE to reply to anyone you don't want to. It's not a challenge and you don't get extra likes for it.
bdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bdubbs For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2024, 10:59 AM   #896
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubbs View Post
You know exactly what you're doing. Just stop. People who actually want to read this thread are tired of seeing the bickering. You don't HAVE to reply to anyone you don't want to. It's not a challenge and you don't get extra likes for it.
I won't stop. If I have an opinion on a player I will make it. If the local troll insults me I will say something. If you don't like it, nobody cares. Maybe address the guy who made the fly by post to start the whole thing instead of contributing to the problem. When someone does a fly by post to try and stir the pot and you defend him you are part of the problem. If you want threads to stay on topic why would you defend the poster who has no interest in the topic? Unless you have the same motives here as topfiverecords.
Old 05-17-2024, 11:21 AM   #897
bdubbs
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I won't stop. If I have an opinion on a player I will make it. If the local troll insults me I will say something. If you don't like it, nobody cares. Maybe address the guy who made the fly by post to start the whole thing instead of contributing to the problem. When someone does a fly by post to try and stir the pot and you defend him you are part of the problem. If you want threads to stay on topic why would you defend the poster who has no interest in the topic? Unless you have the same motives here as topfiverecords.
Never said anything about your opinion on a hockey player. The last time I bothered to interact with you was about the exact same thing, which is responding to people using terms/insults that would cause others to not take you/your posts seriously. I even bolded what I took issue with, and yet again you miss the point entirely.

You do you, I guess. Don't bother responding to me, though even if you do, I'll be the adult and just skip your next post.
bdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 11:49 AM   #898
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't follow prospects a lot but the more I watch the playoffs, the more we have to draft someone with playoff type attributes to go along with high skill.

I don't want a Petterson/Marner/Gaudreau type player. I want a Tkachuk/Miller/Kreider.

Iginla seems to fit the right mold, but I'm sure others do as well. Draft a guy who seems likely to show up when things get tough, physical and intense.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2024, 11:58 AM   #899
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
I don't follow prospects a lot but the more I watch the playoffs, the more we have to draft someone with playoff type attributes to go along with high skill.

I don't want a Petterson/Marner/Gaudreau type player. I want a Tkachuk/Miller/Kreider.

Iginla seems to fit the right mold, but I'm sure others do as well. Draft a guy who seems likely to show up when things get tough, physical and intense.
I know it's a common cliché these days, it's those guys that want or crave the stage and spotlight. They tend to be the ones that go the extra mile and don't crumble under pressure. Jarome was one of those players and it looks like some of that rubbed off on Tij. Players like that just bring extra intensity.
Old 05-22-2024, 02:37 PM   #900
Skaloper
First Line Centre

Exp:

Shot up from 10th to 4th in draft rankings! Might be out of reach for Flames now

Edit: This is from Craig Button so he might just be super high on Iginla.

Last edited by Skaloper; 05-22-2024 at 03:20 PM.
Skaloper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Skaloper For This Useful Post: