Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2024, 08:39 PM   #101
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
People do lines just like they have drinks.
I think you’re massively overstating if but I have no anecdotes stats or anything to back up why I think that, other than it seems incredibly unlikely. I have met and drank with a fairly large number of people and literally only one of them does it, and he does it extremely discreetly. So I find your claim highly dubious.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2024, 08:46 PM   #102
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
I think you’re massively overstating if but I have no anecdotes stats or anything to back up why I think that, other than it seems incredibly unlikely. I have met and drank with a fairly large number of people and literally only one of them does it, and he does it extremely discreetly. So I find your claim highly dubious.
You go out and drink with everyone ? One does it discreetly? Why?
Paulie Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 08:50 PM   #103
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

No I just have gone out and drank with a wide swath of people over a long time. It’s nowhere near as prevalent as drinking, as you’re insinuating. There’s just no way. I mean I believe you that it’s probably more prevalent than people want to admit but as much as drinking? That’s not true. Just about everybody drinks.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2024, 08:57 PM   #104
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
No I just have gone out and drank with a wide swath of people over a long time. It’s nowhere near as prevalent as drinking, as you’re insinuating. There’s just no way. I mean I believe you that it’s probably more prevalent than people want to admit but as much as drinking? That’s not true. Just about everybody drinks.
It’s being used a lot, and people love doing it while drinking.

It’s big in hockey.
Paulie Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 08:58 PM   #105
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Ian cole is Chris butler bad wow.

Wrong thread.
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 09:01 PM   #106
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
lanny

Quote:
It’s being used a lot, and people love doing it while drinking.

It’s big in hockey.
Yes but it isn't as prevalent as people drinking. No need to exaggerate to make a point.
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 10:48 PM   #107
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Who's doing a line right now... be honest.
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TrentCrimmIndependent For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2024, 08:44 AM   #108
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackey View Post
This is the world we live in now. Watch a clip or two, read a headline or two, form a strong opinion.
They're certainly not Tate level awful, but if you've listened to two episodes of SC you've got a pretty solid grasp of what they're about.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 08:53 AM   #109
MrMike
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
They're certainly not Tate level awful, but if you've listened to two episodes of SC you've got a pretty solid grasp of what they're about.
I read just about every biography that comes out of hockey players. Love the look behind the curtain to understand what happens.

My first and only episode of Spittin Chiclets I tried to listen to was a Lucic interview while he was a member of the Flames. The degrading way the stories went about women felt like listening to ###### bags in high school. Never tuned in again and never will.
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 09:03 AM   #110
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

people thing drug use is exclusive to houseless folks in tents when in reality it's a lot of people using at parties or alone at home in the suburbs. I don't think Paulie was saying everyone who drinks does blow, but even if it's a sold *grabs number from the air* third overall thats like more than some folks think. And in different sphere's I'm sure that it's above whatever average is.

Also I know folks who aren't chronic users but will at the odd party once or twice a year. So yeah, they're not using in the bathrooms at Banker's Hall but they're still doing it socially at a party.
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 09:35 AM   #111
dustygoon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dopamine and cocaine. Shortcut to dopamine spike. Like coffee, sex, alcohol, video games. It's better to get your dopamine from exercise, cold water plunge or shower, sunlight, and get some sleep! Effect lasts longer. But we all crave dopamine.

My neighbourhood in the bay area has lots of families. Mostly know each other through kids in school. Parents party and it's around us a lot. Some are more routine users than others. I don't buy the addiction to cocaine part except for a select minority. Addiction to dopamine spike? That i buy.
Old 05-15-2024, 09:41 AM   #112
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post
I read just about every biography that comes out of hockey players. Love the look behind the curtain to understand what happens.

My first and only episode of Spittin Chiclets I tried to listen to was a Lucic interview while he was a member of the Flames. The degrading way the stories went about women felt like listening to ###### bags in high school. Never tuned in again and never will.
That was my general impression as well, and I think where most people land that don't like the podcast. I gave it a few episodes where I was interested in the guest and found I had grown out of their level of maturity a long, long time ago.

To each their own and I try not to stomp on anyone else's joy but I can't figure out how this podcast is as popular as it is. It's like trying to figure out how Andrew Dice Clay was such a popular character. The most I'm going to pearl clutch is wondering how many people are laughing at them as opposed to laughing with them.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 09:54 AM   #113
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Doing blow nowadays is really stupid. I have seen more than one guy I used to hang out with put in the ground thanks to fentanyl in their cocaine. It isn't worth it.
The secret is to make sure someone else does it first.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2024, 01:34 PM   #114
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
a canary in a coalmine.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2024, 01:46 PM   #115
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Or as absurd as it may sound, from a reputable dealer. People who are connected enough know where to get the good stuff that hasn't been stepped on or re-cut several times.
Old 05-15-2024, 01:50 PM   #116
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zary's-Mustache View Post
Honestly this is what people who do cocaine want you to believe.

"I go to work every day and am a functional part of society so I'm not a addict"

Or they don't look like your stereotypical addict. Cocaine is a very highly addictive drug and most people you use it regularly are cocaine addicts even if they can still function normally.
I don't think he was downplaying addiction, just stating that most cocaine users are recreational users, as opposed to addicts, which is true.

That being said, I had to stage an intervention for friend a few years ago. Cocaine addiction is very real. One of the worst parts is the mood altering affects, that makes cocaine addicts pretty unbearable. They're constantly waffling back and forth between extreme arrogance and thoughtlessness to irritability and depression. From my experience, there seems to be a correlation between personality types and those that get addicted. I've known several people who've become addicted to cocaine, and they started off as somewhat selfish and self-centered people and this trait was magnified many times over through the course of their addiction.

It made helping my friend really tough, as he was kind of unbearable to be around. Fortunately, he's kicked the habit.

It really is a drug that should be avoided and its primary function is to alter the way people think.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 02:22 PM   #117
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

If you can afford cocaine, you can probably afford drug test kits.
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 02:24 PM   #118
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I think a lot of people will be surprised how many people you know do cocaine.

People do lines just like they have drinks.
That's got to be grossly overstated, simply due to the cost factor. Many people could simply not afford to do lines like they have drinks.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 02:34 PM   #119
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D as in David View Post
If you can afford cocaine, you can probably afford drug test kits.
Cocaine is typically out of someone's system pretty quickly. He likely used within 48 hours of being tested and probably the night before. Using it in the playoffs shows a total lack of self-control. He was just gambling that he wouldn't get tested. Self testing wouldn't have helped, if he was using the night before.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 02:35 PM   #120
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Cocaine is typically out of someone's system pretty quickly. He likely used within 48 hours of being tested and probably the night before. Using it in the playoffs shows a total lack of self-control. He was just gambling that he wouldn't get tested. Self testing wouldn't have helped, if he was using the night before.
I meant kits that test the drug for fentanyl. My post would have been clearer if I had quoted a relevant post.
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to D as in David For This Useful Post: