Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2024, 07:08 PM   #4041
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

That happened to me and some friends at a pub the other week. I went for a second hand smoke with a few of them and came back to find random people on one end of our large table.

Didn't matter since a few guys had already left, just struck me as weird
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 07:09 PM   #4042
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze2 View Post
I need a safety burger. I want a Dave’s double classic but there is a high likelihood it will be a disaster when I open it. But I will chance it.

I need a safety burger that is unfataupable in case what I really want is actually a disaster .
I'm late, but one can never go wrong with an A&W Teen Burger.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 07:10 PM   #4043
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
That happened to me and some friends at a pub the other week. I went for a second hand smoke with a few of them and came back to find random people on one end of our large table.

Didn't matter since a few guys had already left, just struck me as weird
I dislike that more at a bar - had once where another party did that on a big group of us after work, and we ended up getting charged for their drinks. At least at costco/ski hill you've already paid for everything.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 07:14 PM   #4044
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
You are risking me sitting next to you though, because in my particular worldview, cafeteria tables have no boundaries. An empty seat means that spot is free.
But I'd be like, 'sorry man, my family is sitting here...they're just grabbing the food.'
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 07:15 PM   #4045
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Just a clear violation of the social contract though. Everyone else does it the way Sliver is talking about.

Why is that a violation of the social contract? If there are no free tables, empty seats are fair game, no?
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 07:16 PM   #4046
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
You are risking me sitting next to you though, because in my particular worldview, cafeteria tables have no boundaries. An empty seat means that spot is free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
But I'd be like, 'sorry man, my family is sitting here...they're just grabbing the food.'
If there were extra seats I'd share with you, though. Wouldn't bother me at all.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2024, 07:18 PM   #4047
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post

I’d have to be okay, cause I wouldn’t make a scene over it, but if it turned out it was just you and one other person taking up a table for 4, I’d probably just AITA the situation here.
Old 05-12-2024, 08:06 PM   #4048
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Why is that a violation of the social contract? If there are no free tables, empty seats are fair game, no?
If I’m sitting there and say three other people are getting the food and coming to sit with me, those seats aren’t empty. You can’t just move in and be like “well, they’re not sitting here right now, so fair game.” You couldn’t pull that move if someone was sitting and gets up to go the washroom, for example?
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 08:28 PM   #4049
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

The problem was leaving an 8 year old to hold the table while the parent scrounged for food. Leave an adult. If someone elbows their way onto the table, all that food is communal food. Dig in.

If they insist on moving in on your table, they're your family now. Throw a fit. Vomit on them. Do whatever, you're an adult, and we know how to regulate on other adults who act like children, and zone in on your feeding grounds.
Old 05-12-2024, 09:19 PM   #4050
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Honestly maybe my face is not inviting but anytime my wife orders the food and I sit down nobody sits beside me and the kids.

Whenever I order the food I come and there is usually someone else sitting on the same table as my wife. Any time I come sit down they usually apologize but I tell them they're welcome to stay as there is room for them. Doesn't bother me at all.
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zary's-Mustache For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2024, 09:40 PM   #4051
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
The problem was leaving an 8 year old to hold the table while the parent scrounged for food. Leave an adult. If someone elbows their way onto the table, all that food is communal food. Dig in.
Who knows what the situation looked like at the moment. Did the kid just look like they were sitting there because they were exhausted from being dragged around Costco all day and his parents just want him to shut up and stop whining about it so they were going to just get an ice cream and then haul their asses right out of there? Well, what does the table seeker do? Hover awkwardly over the table with a bunch of empty seats with that “how long are you going to be here for?” vibe emanating from them.

Thinking about ice cream now, I wonder how the peach cobbler Blizzard at DQ tastes. Concept looks good. Sometimes DQ does some really superb Blizzards.
Old 05-12-2024, 11:13 PM   #4052
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Who knows what the situation looked like at the moment. Did the kid just look like they were sitting there because they were exhausted from being dragged around Costco all day and his parents just want him to shut up and stop whining about it so they were going to just get an ice cream and then haul their asses right out of there? Well, what does the table seeker do? Hover awkwardly over the table with a bunch of empty seats with that “how long are you going to be here for?” vibe emanating from them.

Thinking about ice cream now, I wonder how the peach cobbler Blizzard at DQ tastes. Concept looks good. Sometimes DQ does some really superb Blizzards.
The marble slab strawberry-peach new flavour was really good.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 01:40 PM   #4053
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:
Icon56

Not sure how she pulls it off but it's like the dog knows how many collection bags I have attached to the leash. I try to check to make sure there's always at least one before we leave the house. Typically 80% of the time she won't go on the walks. But everytime I get down to the day where I only have one left she's ready to fire 3 times and force me to be really delicate in collecting and make sure I hold it until we get home. Looks at me and laughs at how the stupid human has to pick up her crap and carry it around.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2024, 01:46 PM   #4054
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
Not sure how she pulls it off but it's like the dog knows how many collection bags I have attached to the leash. I try to check to make sure there's always at least one before we leave the house. Typically 80% of the time she won't go on the walks. But everytime I get down to the day where I only have one left she's ready to fire 3 times and force me to be really delicate in collecting and make sure I hold it until we get home. Looks at me and laughs at how the stupid human has to pick up her crap and carry it around.
She's not wrong!
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2024, 02:23 PM   #4055
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm ok with reserving a table while others of your party are getting food. But I do have a pet peeve about people arriving at a show with rush seating, and reserving seats.
psyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 02:33 PM   #4056
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zary's-Mustache View Post
Honestly maybe my face is not inviting but anytime my wife orders the food and I sit down nobody sits beside me and the kids.

Whenever I order the food I come and there is usually someone else sitting on the same table as my wife. Any time I come sit down they usually apologize but I tell them they're welcome to stay as there is room for them. Doesn't bother me at all.
I went to the Ship many years ago. Communal picnic tables outside are pretty much the underlying theme of that place. Asked the two guys it we can sit at the other end. (dudebro types). Said we will leave if their friends showed up (which they never did). They grumbled.

Buddy stars telling my friend his breathe smells like cum. They were obviously pissed off.

a. telling someone their breathe smells like cum is is actually an insult to yourself if you are making a homophobe joke, you idiot. I should have said "ya, I had asparagus last night".

b. The ship is where you can see Grant Fagerheim having a beer at the same table as a homeless tranny crackhead and no one cares, you are in the wrong place picking fights.
fotze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 06:01 PM   #4057
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

There is a clip going on twitter today that is absolutely nuts. No way I can post here but the theme is man pleasuring himself at gas pump. Good god.
fotze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 06:03 PM   #4058
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
There is a clip going on twitter today that is absolutely nuts. No way I can post here but the theme is man pleasuring himself at gas pump. Good god.
High prices turn him on. Don’t let him near the produce section.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 06:50 PM   #4059
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Some times the PG nature of this site is a positive.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 09:44 PM   #4060
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Why do people have backyard fires when they don't even cook on them? Honestly confuses me. Like why do ppl just light wood and sit around it. Just so weird to me.
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote