Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-23-2022, 05:08 PM   #2601
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine09 View Post
I went on a kick the other day searching out podcasts where Mick West guested on, I have to say it was comforting and made me feel better about everything after listening to him. He deconstructs the conspiracy stuff in a calm and reasoned manner, very welcomed after the past 2 years of babble from the idiots out there.

I gotta buy that book.
Links?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 11:18 PM   #2603
DionTheDman
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Alberta’s top doctor takes stand during civil trial regarding response to COVID-19

Quote:
Several churches and individuals in Alberta filed a constitutional challenge against the province in December 2020, accusing the government of violating Albertans’ rights by imposing public health orders and restrictions at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. The applicants claim the restrictions were unlawful and violated the province’s bill of rights and Canada’s Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

Hinshaw took the stand as the trial continued, spending much of the day being questioned by defence lawyer Leighton Grey.
Hmmm...

Quote:
Leighton Grey
Why does this name sound familiar? Oh wait.

Quote:
A lawyer appointed to a committee tasked with recommending new judges in Alberta has resigned after CBC inquired about his recent comparison of a future COVID-19 vaccine to Auschwitz tattoos and posting of a video that called Black Lives Matter a "leftist lie" controlled by a Jewish philanthropist.
For example, Grey re-posted a claim that billionaire philanthropist George Soros, who is a Holocaust survivor, conspired to financially manipulate judges on the European Court of Human Rights. Grey also posted a video that alleged Black Lives Matter "has been hijacked and funded by Soros for his own evil agenda."
DionTheDman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DionTheDman For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2022, 10:06 AM   #2604
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

The level of dumbassery on display with these idiots never fails to blow my mind. What a bunch of clowns.
direwolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 10:32 AM   #2605
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Queen of Canada is back in the news.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1524032487906807808
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 11:42 AM   #2606
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's fascinating that such an obvious scam is allowed to persist. Are there no laws she can be charged with? She is ruining people's lives for her own benefit. Should people know better? Of course. But a scam is a scam, and we have laws to protect people from them.

Quote:
Fraud
  • 380 (1) Every one who, by deceit, falsehood or other fraudulent means, whether or not it is a false pretence within the meaning of this Act, defrauds the public or any person, whether ascertained or not, of any property, money or valuable security or any service,
    • (a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to a term of imprisonment not exceeding fourteen years, where the subject-matter of the offence is a testamentary instrument or the value of the subject-matter of the offence exceeds five thousand dollars; or
    • (b) is guilty
      • (i) of an indictable offence and is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years, or
      • (ii) of an offence punishable on summary conviction,
      where the value of the subject-matter of the offence does not exceed five thousand dollars.
  • Marginal note:Minimum punishment
    (1.1) When a person is prosecuted on indictment and convicted of one or more offences referred to in subsection (1), the court that imposes the sentence shall impose a minimum punishment of imprisonment for a term of two years if the total value of the subject-matter of the offences exceeds one million dollars.
  • Marginal note:Affecting public market
    (2) Every one who, by deceit, falsehood or other fraudulent means, whether or not it is a false pretence within the meaning of this Act, with intent to defraud, affects the public market price of stocks, shares, merchandise or anything that is offered for sale to the public is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding fourteen years.
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/...ction-380.html

That feels like it would have a good chance of prosecution...
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 06:51 PM   #2607
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Queen of Canada is back in the news.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1524032487906807808
I can't wait to see R. v. Romana Dildo.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 07:30 AM   #2608
OptimalTates
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
It's fascinating that such an obvious scam is allowed to persist. Are there no laws she can be charged with? She is ruining people's lives for her own benefit. Should people know better? Of course. But a scam is a scam, and we have laws to protect people from them.

Crown prosecutors get their power to prosecute from the crown though so there's nothing they can do against her.
OptimalTates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OptimalTates For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2022, 07:45 AM   #2609
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

So this belongs here. My wife has a 'friend' that was an extreme anti-vaxxer, freedom convoy supporter, etc. She went to freedumb rallies including the Ottawa one, called it a plandemic and a hoax, etc. Even went so far as to seek law breaking places that didn't use a covid passport and voluntarily locked herself up at home otherwise in the past year rather then be oppressed.

Well she finally got covid earlier this year. And she got it pretty bad. Mind fog, difficulty breathing, fatigue, she can still smell but apparently everything smells like vomit. That's a big problem for her as she had a perfume Youtube channel which she was forced to abandon since all the smells are off and disgusting to her.

She still thinks that the vaccine was the real risk.

She's in her early 40s
Firebot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Firebot For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2022, 07:53 AM   #2610
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebot View Post
So this belongs here. My wife has a 'friend' that was an extreme anti-vaxxer, freedom convoy supporter, etc. She went to freedumb rallies including the Ottawa one, called it a plandemic and a hoax, etc. Even went so far as to seek law breaking places that didn't use a covid passport and voluntarily locked herself up at home otherwise in the past year rather then be oppressed.

Well she finally got covid earlier this year. And she got it pretty bad. Mind fog, difficulty breathing, fatigue, she can still smell but apparently everything smells like vomit. That's a big problem for her as she had a perfume Youtube channel which she was forced to abandon since all the smells are off and disgusting to her.

She still thinks that the vaccine was the real risk.

She's in her early 40s
LOL. That's worse than losing your smell. Sounds like cosmic justice does exist.
Old 05-11-2022, 11:17 AM   #2611
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Heard a story from a friend that would fit here. I guess an antivaxxer (~60 year old woman) he works with had COVID last week and was back at work this week. But yesterday she was acting super weird (confused, didn't know where she was, couldn't remember her kids' names, etc.) and then began showing signs of a stroke, so they called an ambulance for her. Then they called her husband and he started screaming at them on the phone that under no circumstances was she to go to the hospital and started ranting about the government. He also said that he had given her some kind of "medicine" last week for COVID that she had already had a severe reaction to (who knows what that was).

Eventually the woman's boss got on the phone and told the husband that the ambulance was taking her to the hospital and he could take it up with the doctors there. Haven't heard any updates, but it's amazing how far into delusion people will sink themselves. When they're faced with the potential death of a loved one, they'll still side with conspiracy theories.
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to opendoor For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2022, 02:59 PM   #2612
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post

Ya know...I've never experienced as much in the past as I have recently, but this just astounds me.

I've shown this lady's...lets call them 'thoughts' to groups of different people and I am amazed at the disparity of reactions from different people.

For instance, when I first learned of...well...this lunatic, I initially thought it was a joke. Just some internet prank.

But the fact that she is ruining some people's lives, is she receiving any benefit or profit from it in order to make it a crime?

The whole thing is messed.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.
Old 06-21-2022, 01:25 AM   #2613
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

This U of Ottawa law professor is a COVID idiot for not being able to put his phone down. What a moron.

https://flip.it/en0.DS
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 08:57 AM   #2614
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
This U of Ottawa law professor is a COVID idiot for not being able to put his phone down. What a moron.

Saving y'all the click, itís the individual you think it is.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2022, 11:10 AM   #2615
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Gotta love tenure.

Old 06-21-2022, 03:40 PM   #2616
Engine09
First Line Centre

Exp:

This "documentary" is playing at Canyon Meadows right now, I don't care enough about those idiots to ever watch it but was curious who made this and why. Turns out it was done by reporters from Rebel News. Barf.

TRUCKER REBELLION:
THE STORY OF THE COUTTS BLOCKADE new

You've heard of the Canadian 'freedom truckers' protesting discriminatory vaccine mandates.
But they didn't all go to Ottawa.
Many truckers decided to take a stand at a small border crossing in Coutts, Alberta.
This is their story.
Engine09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 05:01 PM   #2617
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine09 View Post
This "documentary" is playing at Canyon Meadows right now, I don't care enough about those idiots to ever watch it but was curious who made this and why. Turns out it was done by reporters from Rebel News. Barf.

TRUCKER REBELLION:
THE STORY OF THE COUTTS BLOCKADE new

You've heard of the Canadian 'freedom truckers' protesting discriminatory vaccine mandates.
But they didn't all go to Ottawa.
Many truckers decided to take a stand at a small border crossing in Coutts, Alberta.
This is their story.
Nobody cares.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2022, 07:36 PM   #2618
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

This guys Twitter is wild! He is one angry dude.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 09:59 PM   #2619
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Michael Geist?
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 12:32 AM   #2620
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
This guys Twitter is wild! He is one angry dude.

I just remember that someone on here was really high on them in the covid threads. Academics doing the Jordan Peterson shtick. Never go full Peterson.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post: