Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2022, 09:46 AM   #2581
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
I think this is the first time I didn't over level and the first time I actually got wiped once! I can't remember that ever happening. All my guys were in their 50's and the other guys were level 60+, and I had no idea what types their guys were so started behind after my first guy got one shotted and never recovered.

One thing I don't like is how when you take out one of their guys you don't get a chance to swap yours, and depending on speed you can get one shotted after they put in a new guy with zero chance to do anything about it.

I really hope they continue with this style of game though.
The boss battles were fun but obviously made for the casual player base, they can improve on it but I did like it a lot. The patterns were super easy and besides one boss that was fought on a limited area in which rng of his ability could cut you off the battles were wide open. Instead of sending in a Pokémon after hitting them so many times they should have incorporated them into the battle somehow in real-time. Hopefully a taste of what the future holds and hopefully not a 5 year wait for another one.

I would also like if you had the option to catch Pokémon like in the let’s go Pickachu/Eevee game.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2022, 09:54 AM   #2582
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Oh yeah sorry the noble pokemon bosses were all as you describe. I didn't even use any of my Pokemon for the first few, it prompted me to and I didn't notice and threw a few more balms and the prompt went away lol. Those could have been done better I agree.

I was thinking more one of the final battles against another trainer; the ninja guy specifically wiped me once.
Old 02-07-2022, 10:32 AM   #2583
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Oh yeah sorry the noble pokemon bosses were all as you describe. I didn't even use any of my Pokemon for the first few, it prompted me to and I didn't notice and threw a few more balms and the prompt went away lol. Those could have been done better I agree.

I was thinking more one of the final battles against another trainer; the ninja guy specifically wiped me once.
Yeah Kamada was the first real challenge but it was just a battle of max revive and super effective play. I haven't even optimized my Pokemon besides leveling one of them to 10/10 in all stats, I changed a few moves the entire playthrough only and have all of my evolution stones. Really just brute forced my way through because I didn't know when or if I should use most things. Super potential to create an open world MMO type pokemon game but the fact that trading is so terrible (no mystery trades?!?!) and requires Nintendo Online and the lack of online battles you can tell this was rushed out.
Old 02-07-2022, 10:37 AM   #2584
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
I wonder when the Switch will release a game again.

Feels like it’s been ages since a Grade A game came out. Hollow Knight Silk Song might be the longest video game development in history. Here’s a concept Team Cherry, hire more than 2 people for your company? I think they started it in like 2016 or something? This is insane, not even has it not been released but there’s literally no release date posted.

Meanwhile I hope I still am alive by the time Zelda or the Turtles games come out.

Pretty lame.
I think Pokemon Shining Pearl and Brilliant Diamond, and Pokemon Legends Arceus, are both going to sell a lot of copies if they haven't already.

Main series Pokemon games always do.

Would you not consider them grade A?
1qqaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 12:37 PM   #2585
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Arceus is maybe the first game ever I've dropped due to the graphics being too bad. I actually laughed out loud at it a couple times it looks so dreadful. I understand the Switch's limitation but there's 5 year old games like Breath of the Wild that look a whole generation ahead.

I traded it in at Gamestop who is giving $70 for it right now and not looking back.
OutOfTheCube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 02:02 PM   #2586
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Arceus is great. The graphics (while definitely rough around the edges) really haven't made a lick of difference to me. I think it's a sorely needed breath of fresh air in the series.

I hope they continue the main series with this gameplay.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 03:08 PM   #2587
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

I played on the TV and it was pretty rough, but it's great in handheld. I've found the environments to be nice and it's smoother than BOTW in motion

It's the most fun I've had on the switch in a while. I hope this is the direction they take the series in permanently
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 04:01 PM   #2588
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have swallowed my disdain for playing a game I already beat, and started BoTW again. Well, at least all of the side quests that I ignored. The game definitely steers you into completing the main mission though, which is kind of annoying because unless you do some crazy glitch move, you just get the end credits and that’s all for the game. I can’t believe they didn’t just allow you to wander around after and do the side missions.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 09:30 AM   #2589
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Old 02-08-2022, 09:36 AM   #2590
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
It forgot to take the quality of graphics from BotW though. Cool concept for a Pokemon game, but the graphics are really sub-par IMO even for the simplistic style.

I’m enjoy Arceus, but there is way too much dialogue and the 2 hour tutorial is a bit much.

Im really Hoping for a Splatoon 3 announcement!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 09:39 AM   #2591
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood View Post
I played on the TV and it was pretty rough, but it's great in handheld. I've found the environments to be nice and it's smoother than BOTW in motion

It's the most fun I've had on the switch in a while. I hope this is the direction they take the series in permanently
This

Looks horrible on a 65" TV but on the little handheld Switch screen it's playable and I don't think it's much worse than some of the other open world games on the Switch (It might be better in handheld than Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was in some ways).
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 09:45 AM   #2592
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nintendo Direct tomorrow at 3PM MST.

Gimme that Splatoon 3 release date.
OutOfTheCube is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2022, 10:13 AM   #2593
Knut

Exp:

My son is about 90% of the way through BOTW and the game seems super fun. He is having a blast playing it. The storyline is fantastic as well. I have never really been a gamer but it is a beautiful game.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 03:19 PM   #2594
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

New Super Mario Strikers on June 10th!!! I am excite
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 04:12 PM   #2595
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Holy ####, Front Mission 1 & 2 Remake?

#### yeah!

chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 04:17 PM   #2596
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

anyone doing pokiemans BD and SP?

Wanna be pokebuddies?!

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 05:15 PM   #2597
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

48 new tracks for Mario Kart 8 is pretty fantastic, too! Overall a very good Direct.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazrim For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2022, 06:11 PM   #2598
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Very happy with more Mario Kart courses. Strikers and Switch Sports are exciting too
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wood For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2022, 02:36 PM   #2599
kcin
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Downloaded the Project Triangle demo today and tried it out. So far so good and exactly the type of turn based strategy RPG game I've been hoping for. 0 out of 10 for the title however.
kcin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kcin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2022, 03:46 PM   #2600
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Excited for Xenoblade Chronicles 3, although I really wish the Switch was more powerful so it could run the game properly. XC2 struggled at certain points, and I'm anticipating the same thing for 3.
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote