Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2019, 07:59 PM   #81
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike F View Post
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 08:05 PM   #82
thefoss1957
#1 Goaltender

Location: Chicago Native relocated to the stinking desert of Utah
Exp:

In Chicago, some fans are starting to get impatient. Many, including me, didn't like Colliton's hire, and despise his defensive system (I felt that Bowman didn't give HOF caliber coach, Q, much more than 5 or 6 NHL level guys, and a bunch of AHL level guys. Q didn't deserve the axe). The 'Hawks D sucks at D, talent wise, and Colliton's hybrid M2M system doesn't suit what they have. Also, a fail start, again, in many 'Hawk fans opinions, (again, including mine), should cost the architect of the past few season fails, Stan Bowman, his job. Stanbo rode a wave a nepotism to get to GM, and has not done a good enough job of team building, on his own.

I think that even though this is only his first season to have this team, from the beginning of a season, that, a poor 1st homestand (the 'Hawks longest of the schedule) may cost Colliton. 'Hawk's history has had an early HC firing, and THAT was a former 'Hawk hero, Denis Savard, getting an early axe, so, I would say that Colliton doesn't have a lot of time to stop the bleeding.

Looking at the rest of homestand, the Oil, the BJs, the Caps, Vegas, and the Flyers, the 'Hawks stand a real chance of starting this season 1-7-1, and that will NOT be acceptable to the fan base.

Last edited by thefoss1957; 10-12-2019 at 08:08 PM.
thefoss1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 09:51 PM   #83
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Then the fanbase is delusional. The Blackhawks are a mediocre hockey team. There should be no sense of entitlement to winning in that market right now. Take your high pick and continue the rebuild.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2019, 10:42 PM   #84
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's a pretty weak call on the Flyers in OT.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 11:04 PM   #85
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

I don’t like Van but Markstrom’s patience and double pad stack on the last shootout attempt were nice
DeluxeMoustache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 11:11 PM   #86
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
I don’t like Van but Markstrom’s patience and double pad stack on the last shootout attempt were nice
Hayes not getting higher than the pad was a bigger miss then a nice save. That was all Markstrom had after getting beaten on the deke...now if Hayes did get it higher and Markstrom raised the stacked pads up off the ice, that’s a nice save.

A terrible penalty for throwing the stick too, and Randorf near orgasm a couple times in OT on half chances for the Canucks.

Flyers have two days off sitting in Calgary while the Flames have to play a game tomorrow on the road.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 12:01 AM   #87
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Apparently the Caps' win in Dallas was their first win there since 1995
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 12:02 AM   #88
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
Canuck lover!
Old 10-13-2019, 12:30 AM   #89
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Apparently the Caps' win in Dallas was their first win there since 1995
It's Christmas is Dallas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 06:31 AM   #90
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Final scores
https://scores.nbcsports.com/nhl/scoreboard.asp?day=20191012
http://sportsstats.cbc.ca/news/NHL-R...ate=10-12-2019

Old 10-13-2019, 10:35 AM   #91
thefoss1957
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Then the fanbase is delusional. The Blackhawks are a mediocre hockey team. There should be no sense of entitlement to winning in that market right now. Take your high pick and continue the rebuild.
What? for feeling that the firing of a HOF level coach to replace with an AHL level coach, because of front office politics is acceptable?

I don't deny this roster's mediocrity, I point out the total lack of talent that the defense, in particular, is carrying, and the seeming inflexibility of this young coach's ability to adapt to a system that might actually be effective.

Colliton's Defensive "system" is terrible (see where the 'Hawks ended up in goals allowed, last year), and to blame that on goaltending, when a team leads the league in "high danger chances against" is the delusional thinking.

I am just pointing out, A. This Ownership group has made early coaching changes before (firing a beloved personality), and B. There is a large percentage that feel that the roster has been mismanaged by Bowman the lesser, who should have been either let go BEFORE Q, or, at the same time for a "fresh" rebuild.

Last edited by thefoss1957; 10-13-2019 at 10:40 AM.
thefoss1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 10:42 AM   #92
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefoss1957 View Post
What? for feeling that the firing of a HOF level coach to replace with an AHL level coach, because of front office politics is acceptable?

Colliton's Defensive "system" is terrible (see where the 'Hawks ended up in goals allowed, last year), and to blame that on goaltending, when a team leads the league in "high danger chances against" is the delusional thinking.

I am just pointing out, A. This Ownership group has made early coaching changes before, and B. There is a large percentage that feel that the roster has been mismanaged by Bowman the lesser, who should have been either let go BEFORE Q, or, at the same time for a "fresh" rebuild.
Trading Quenville for Colliton may see like they panicked and downgraded, but there is a truth in the game that no team can avoid. Coaches have a shelf life on any one single team. The message gets stale, whether it be a winning one or not. This is what happened with Chicago. It was time for a change just for the sake of it.

I am a huge believer in continuity among management AND coaches for any long termed success, and Chicago had that for a good while. Even that, however, runs its course at some point. Particularly in this day and age of instant gratification.

Colliton may be miles less of a coach than Q, but that doesn't mean Joel didn't need to be replaced.
Old 10-13-2019, 04:07 PM   #93
thefoss1957
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Transplant, I don't disagree...but, IMO Stanbo dealt Q a couple of severely flawed rosters, and should have also payed the price, if a change was completely necessary. There had been rumors of severe disagreements between Q and Bowman, and, having been through the Byzantine era of the Bill Wirtz/Bob Pulford era of front office politics, coming down of the side of Bowman in any struggle with Q, was unsettlingly familiar to this old fan.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:13 AM   #94
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
Holy. .

I should apply to sing the anthem in Montreal

That was awful.
I had to...

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote