Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-24-2019, 12:41 AM   #5741
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

We got a Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross for a rental vehicle while our car is being repaired. The most annoying, unnecessary feature I have ever observed in a car is this split rear window.

It’s bad for visibility in the day, but at night it is even worse. Every light behind you suddenly flickers as it moves between the two windows as drive over bumps.

What is the point of that rear window style? Does anybody else drive this vehicle?
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:36 AM   #5742
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
We got a Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross for a rental vehicle while our car is being repaired. The most annoying, unnecessary feature I have ever observed in a car is this split rear window.

It’s bad for visibility in the day, but at night it is even worse. Every light behind you suddenly flickers as it moves between the two windows as drive over bumps.

What is the point of that rear window style? Does anybody else drive this vehicle?
Looks similar to driving an EVO or STI (cars I've both owned) with the big handlebar spoiler but a little worse because of how the window tapers at the bottom.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:40 AM   #5743
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's what happens when you let the styling team have more control than the usability team.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:58 AM   #5744
Sliver
PC LOAD LETTER

Exp:

I think I'd buy a Nissan before I bought a Mitsubishi and I hate Nissan.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2019, 08:46 AM   #5745
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

You gotta think they had people test drive the vehicle before it went into production and thought, “gees, that rear window is really annoying, let’s do a conventional window with good visibility and doesn’t give you seizures at night”.
Old 09-24-2019, 08:50 AM   #5746
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
That's what happens when you let the styling team have more control than the usability team.
The must have hired the team that designed the Aztek. The windows look even worse on the outside.

DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2019, 08:59 AM   #5747
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh wow, that is bad.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 10:37 PM   #5748
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

I was driving behind a 997 GT2 today. I've never seen one before, which isn't surprising because only 19 were sold in Canada, and I was curious about the two pieces that stick out from the lower part of the wing. I looked it up and they're air inlets which are pretty cool, no pun intended.

That made my day until my work van overheated. The 'Y' hose coming from the heater core leaked. I can't afford to have downtime so I took it to the dealer and it's gonna cost me $800. My dealer treats me well and got it in right away, plus they gave me a Pacifica as a loaner. I was actually surprised how nice the interior was for an FCA product. Android Auto is handy as hell too. It doesn't look like it but it's supposed to have the same cargo space as the Grand Caravan so I might have to look into getting one.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:56 AM   #5749
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
The must have hired the team that designed the Aztek. The windows look even worse on the outside.

Don't get me started on the cupholder location in the Mitsubishi. I have to bend my arm like I am signalling a stop on my bike to get to my coffee. My old Subaru had perfect cup holder location. Why are they being so overlooked now. Our Toyota is okay, but it still isn't an instinctive grab / drink / replace location. I am still in the love with the old Subaru design.

Old 09-27-2019, 11:22 AM   #5750
Sliver
PC LOAD LETTER

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post

Wow, I saw one of these Mitsubishis in the wild yesterday and it didn't appear to be a rental. Like, somebody actually chose this vehicle as the best one to buy out of all the other vehicles on the road. WTF. That's so weird.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 11:44 AM   #5751
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Wow, I saw one of these Mitsubishis in the wild yesterday and it didn't appear to be a rental. Like, somebody actually chose this vehicle as the best one to buy out of all the other vehicles on the road. WTF. That's so weird.

I was just pondering how I haven't seen any on the road besides the one I have, and I am not surprised. It's better than the Jeep Wrangler rental we ended up with once - that was like driving a boxthrough a wind tunnel - all the time. It just occurred to me why sometimes people slam the doors so hard on cars, it was probably because they normally drive a Jeep. I don't know if that was a maintenance thing or Jeep uses some crappy hinges on all of their doors, but do any other vehicles have such stiff doors?
Old 09-28-2019, 12:01 AM   #5752
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Like, somebody actually chose this vehicle as the best one to buy out of all the other vehicles on the road. WTF. That's so weird.
That can be said for a lot of vehicles on the road for me.

My guess in this and most cases is an upsell at the dealer, where some poor schmuck went in there for something cheaper and more practical and got pushed into this, with untold tales of cutting edge newness and “European design”.

Or, some people don’t care. It took me the better part of the last year to figure out what I wanted before I got something... balancing all the factors, from cost and a certain uniqueness and engine, while still requiring a certain level of practicality, and driving about 20 different vehicles in the process...where some people I know got a new vehicle within 15 mins of going into the dealer, and still bought something from that dealer after being told their preferred color and options for that model wasn’t available as a unit on the lot, when a competing dealer probably had 10 of them sitting there.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 12:08 AM   #5753
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
That can be said for a lot of vehicles on the road for me.

My guess in this and most cases is an upsell at the dealer, where some poor schmuck went in there for something cheaper and more practical and got pushed into this, with untold tales of cutting edge newness and “European design”.

Or, some people don’t care. It took me the better part of the last year to figure out what I wanted before I got something... balancing all the factors, from cost and a certain uniqueness and engine, while still requiring a certain level of practicality, and driving about 20 different vehicles in the process...where some people I know got a new vehicle within 15 mins of going into the dealer, and still bought something from that dealer after being told their preferred color and options for that model wasn’t available as a unit on the lot, when a competing dealer probably had 10 of them sitting there.
Or they couldn't get financing on something better. Nissan and Mitsubishi will sell to anyone.
Old 10-02-2019, 11:22 PM   #5754
81MC
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Need some advice:
I have a car I’m looking to sell, with a financing loan on it still. Gauging the market, I would expect about 25% more from a private sale than what is owed on the loan. No early payment penalties or anything like that on the loan, @ 0%. I honestly don’t have fluid capital to pay the loan balance myself.
Best options?
Old 10-03-2019, 09:03 AM   #5755
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
Need some advice:
I have a car I’m looking to sell, with a financing loan on it still. Gauging the market, I would expect about 25% more from a private sale than what is owed on the loan. No early payment penalties or anything like that on the loan, @ 0%. I honestly don’t have fluid capital to pay the loan balance myself.
Best options?
Sell privately, pay off loan, keep the 25%?
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:11 AM   #5756
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
Need some advice:
Best options?
You need to get a payout quote from the lender. If it's say a Ford, BMW, VW etc loan you can usually log into your profile online and get a payout quote to print off if not call them and have them email you a copy. Have the buyer come with you to the bank to witness you deposit their cheque and pay off the balance of the loan. It may take several weeks for the lien to be cleared but most people are pretty understanding if they have done this before.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 07:27 PM   #5757
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

After some of the issues I've had with my car during the first month of ownership, I just want to shoutout Jed and his detail team at Porsche Centre Calgary. I can't say enough good things about their work. It's so refreshing to leave satisfied when somebody does work with my vehicles.

Pictures are hard to do it justice, but the car is finally 100%.

Spoiler!
Ashasx is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2019, 07:29 PM   #5758
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jed is the man. I was disappointed when he moved on from doing Mobile Reflections but glad he's still crushing it
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2019, 10:34 PM   #5759
81MC
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...lice-1.5309992
Dodge guys are seriously the worst. Honestly, they have to have the largest ######bag, roided up macho morons to vehicle margin, by a factor of no less than 3.
Old 10-05-2019, 06:31 AM   #5760
shane_c
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Is there a general rule for how long (years) you should use winter tires before replacing them? This will be the 6th winter with my Firestone winter tires but I just checked the tread and they're all around 6/32 left.

shane_c is offline   Reply With Quote