Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 12:27 AM   #4061
drewtastic
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegee View Post
I honestly don't think I would hate the Oilers as much as I do if their fans weren't as obnoxious as they are.

While one or two are okay, the majority are a pile of asshats.
I still would.
Old 12-09-2018, 12:32 AM   #4062
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
I honestly don't think I would hate the Oilers as much as I do if their fans weren't as obnoxious as they are.

Yeah, I'd still hate the Oilers anyways, but I take a bit of joy in seeing their arrogant fans getting their hopes crushed.

They have no sense of realism, every win is a banner celebration.

They might have a nice little streak going over the last 10 games where they gained a whopping two points on one team and lost ground to all the others. So all I can say is "F those guys"

Here's hoping the Flames go into Edmonton tomorrow and train wreck them.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2018, 12:33 AM   #4063
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, but that's a generalization. Oil Stain and Stang are both respectful and take their lumps. Can't blame them from disappearing when things are going crappy. I don't exactly feel like posting when I'm not in a good mood either. Usually nothing good comes from that.
Old 12-09-2018, 12:41 AM   #4064
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

The media that cover the Oilers are just as bad as their fanbase. They are demanding retribution for Tkachuk's... ehmm... what did he do exactly? Get slew-footed and then jumped by Kassian?

I am glad that Treliving called-up Peluso. Peluso + Prout should keep those idiots at bay. Still have Hathaway there too, plus of course Sam 'KO' Bennett.

They have been screaming for blood up there since the last game. This is why you sign guys like Peluso and Prout every off-season 'just in case' your team gets involved in these types of games. Good on Treliving to call him up. It really should be the Flames here that are screaming for blood and looking to exact some vengeance this game, given slewfoot, the dirty boarding on Gaudreau and having an AHL-level goon jump on and start throwing haymakers at one of the better players on the Flames.
The Following User Says Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2018, 12:43 AM   #4065
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

If the Oilers were first in the west, everyone would be well aware. It would be all we have heard about in weeks (just like Toronto). We'd be hearing about McDavid on an hourly basis.

Now that Calgary is first in the west, other hockey fans are saying "What? When did that happen? Wow."

Calgary's effectiveness is taking everyone by surprise. And honestly, I think this is sweeter than it would be if the team were over-hyped like Toronto and Edmonton tend to be.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1qqaaz For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2018, 12:44 AM   #4066
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I laughed at one Oiler fan.

Something like "People are talking about Calgary's depth, but they're coming into our house to face McDaivd + Hitch + Talbot"

And I thought to myself, that's literally all that they have. Thats it, and ones a 60+ year old coach that's counting the days til he can go back to retirement.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2018, 12:46 AM   #4067
Deegee
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Yeah, I'd still hate the Oilers anyways, but I take a bit of joy in seeing their arrogant fans getting their hopes crushed.

They have no sense of realism, every win is a banner celebration.

They might have a nice little streak going over the last 10 games where they gained a whopping two points on one team and lost ground to all the others. So all I can say is "F those guys"

Here's hoping the Flames go into Edmonton tomorrow and train wreck them.
Don't misunderstand me. I'd still hate them because of their media. Their fans make them almost unbearable.

For every Oilstain there are several other moronic posters. Just look at HF Oil (outside of a couple). They think their team is amazing and it's luck that has them behind the Flames.
The Following User Says Thank You to Deegee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2018, 12:47 AM   #4068
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Looking forward to Rittich getting the start. He'll bring his lunchbox.
Old 12-09-2018, 12:55 AM   #4069
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qqaaz View Post
If the Oilers were first in the west, everyone would be well aware. It would be all we have heard about in weeks (just like Toronto). We'd be hearing about McDavid on an hourly basis.

Now that Calgary is first in the west, other hockey fans are saying "What? When did that happen? Wow."

Calgary's effectiveness is taking everyone by surprise. And honestly, I think this is sweeter than it would be if the team were over-hyped like Toronto and Edmonton tend to be.
Honestly, as a Flames fan, I have to say the Flames' effectiveness is taking me by surprise too. I don't blame anyone for not seeing this coming.

The hype in Toronto this season is also fine by me, because they are delivering.

The Edmonton hype though... well, it just highlights what is worst about that organization: destroying the dreams and ambitions of talented young guys who worked hard to make it into the NHL. The fact that they have a player like McDavid to attract the hype but completely fail as an organization to develop talent or a culture to succeed just makes them more loathsome. The dreams of many undeserving young players and their families are dashed as a consequence of their almost willful incompetence.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
Old 12-09-2018, 02:02 AM   #4070
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2018, 02:40 AM   #4071
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qqaaz View Post

And not a single story on NHL.com about the Flames taking hold of the West, unseating the Preds.

Quietest rise to the top by a Canadian team ever. And I really don't mind tbh.

We can handle it with class and keep things mainly within the Flames forums, whereas I'm not sure Oiler fans could do the same. 16-17 showed a really ugly side to that fanbase, from the trolls flooding through here, to the media and their asinine comments... "they've been passed in both the micro and macro senses!"
Old 12-09-2018, 03:25 AM   #4072
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge View Post
some weird homophobia in post 3
Old 12-09-2018, 03:46 AM   #4073
Spinach
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

Something like "People are talking about Calgary's depth, but they're coming into our house to face McDaivd + Hitch + Talbot"

And I thought to myself, that's literally all that they have. Thats it, and ones a 60+ year old coach that's counting the days til he can go back to retirement.

They don't really even have that. What kind of dumb argument was that Oiler fan trying to make?

Talbot's best season was a year and a half ago, and the Flames' players aren't going into the game thinking, "how do we shut down the other team's coach?" It may even be possible that the Flames also have a coaching staff that will have a plan, and none of them are Glen Gulutzan.
Old 12-09-2018, 06:58 AM   #4074
WesternCanadaKing
Giver of Calculators

Exp:

I love those HFers going on about how Calgary was barely able to put away a depleted Nashville team. And apparently this is a sign of how easily they're going to be able to beat the Flames today.

It's like they don't realize their team at full capacity is still much worse than a depleted Nashville squad. If you didn't know any better and looked at their starting lineup, you would think that they must be absolutely decimated by injuries.

Joke franchise with joke fans.
Old 12-09-2018, 08:29 AM   #4075
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I enjoyed the HFOiler saying that 30 games is a small sample size and the flames are primed for being exposed by the oilers. Their mental gymnastics are peaking right now, soak it up now, because it's going to become a very sad place (again) in the very near future.
Old 12-09-2018, 08:39 AM   #4076
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would say that missing Gio, Backlund, Frolik, Valimaki and Stone does leave us in a worse spot than at full strength so could be exposed.. That said somehow with 3 of our defensmen out of the lineup we still have more defensive depth than the oilers
Old 12-09-2018, 08:50 AM   #4077
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I’m going to the game tonight with 2 hardcore Oilers fans and a Canadiens fan, who cheers for Flames in BOA, but Oilers the rest of the time.
I can confirm that all 3 are good people. The one guy has had seasons tickets for over 20 years

They’re no different from Flames fans or any other fans really.

I don’t check out HFboards, but maybe the Greasers fans there are over the top, but, it’s the Internet, so....

Anyways.... Oilers suck.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:19 AM   #4078
Boreal
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
I’m going to the game tonight with 2 hardcore Oilers fans and a Canadiens fan, who cheers for Flames in BOA, but Oilers the rest of the time.
I can confirm that all 3 are good people. The one guy has had seasons tickets for over 20 years

They’re no different from Flames fans or any other fans really.

I don’t check out HFboards, but maybe the Greasers fans there are over the top, but, it’s the Internet, so....

Anyways.... Oilers suck.
Many Oiler fans are good reasonably people who want to watch good hockey and cheer for something... and do not get their self worth from the team or how the Flames do.

That being said... those are the smart Oiler fans, the ones that either don’t care enough or the ones who can figure out that their team has hot urine for management, ownership, & player development and are in full recognition of the team’s cap jail & repeated exercises in futility.

But again these are the smart ones, the ones with opposable thumbs who don’t marry their cousins.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:21 AM   #4079
CedarMeter
First Line Centre

Exp:

I have to enter that cesspool tonight. I don't even want to go but my half brothers invited me and I don't see them too often. I can't even stand going to the dome when the Oilers are in town. Their fan base is so annoying.

Last edited by CedarMeter; 12-09-2018 at 09:25 AM.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:23 AM   #4080
LIP MAN
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

And Hitch is a last ditch effort “cleaner” for teams.
Closed Thread