Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2015, 02:32 PM   #1
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default New photos unearthed from Nevermind album photoshoot

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/0...d-promo-shoot/

Quote:
Photographer Kirk Weddle is most well-known to Nirvana fans as the man who shot the famous baby-in-the-pool photo that graces the cover of Nevermind. But that image isn’t the only one Weddle captured for the band. On October 28, 1991, Kurt Cobain, Dave Grohl, and Krist Novoselic met up with the photog at a Los Angeles pool to take some promo shots based on the already-well-recognized cover image.

“I remember Kurt was like, ‘####! I have to get in the pool?’” Weddle recalled. “He was not a water guy at all.” Making matters worse, the shoot was at 10:00 a.m., the weather wasn’t prime for swimming outdoors, and the band had just gotten off tour. Cobain was so beat he even took a nap poolside.

Even so, Weddle managed to capture nearly 200 images of the band in and around the water, even with their instruments. For years, many of these pictures have remained unseen. “I’ve just kept them stacked in a closet, unorganized,” said Weddle. Recently, however, a few appeared in Montage of Heck, and Austin’s Modern Rocks Gallery has made many available for sale.

More photos on Flickr

Last edited by Regulator75; 05-11-2015 at 02:35 PM.
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Regulator75 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2015, 02:35 PM   #2
cKy
First Line Centre

Exp:

These photos also appear on 'Montage of Heck', which was absolutely awesome if you are a Nirvana/Kurt fan.

cKy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cKy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2015, 10:37 AM   #3
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cKy View Post
These photos also appear on 'Montage of Heck', which was absolutely awesome if you are a Nirvana/Kurt fan.
Was just going to say the same thing.

Even if you're not a Nirvana fan, Montage of Heck is an incredibly insightful look into the life of one of the most iconic figures in music of the 1990's. Very personal stuff.

I applaud Frances Bean Cobain for being a part of it and Courtney for agreeing to not have any say in the final product.

Well worth a watch.
cKy

Tags
nevermind , nirvana