Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2013, 09:04 PM   #21
Tyler12
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I just uninstall 7 search bars every time I visit
Tyler12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tyler12 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2013, 10:24 AM   #22
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathji View Post
I use Teamviewer for all my family computers.

Set up an account, and unattended access and you won't even need to get them to read the ID number or Password to get access. It amazes my grandparents that I maintain their computers remotely and they don't need to lift a finger or try and find the pesky Team Viewer icon.

I am borderline on using it for work stuff as well, but I don't have enough people to support to make it worthwhile at this point.
Be warned, a corporate use license is $4000 for Teamviewer 9 (3 concurrent connections).

I used to use logmein but switched to teamviewer because it was easier to talk my parents through how to install that from the website without me even having to pay an initial visit to set it up. I in turn trained my mom on how to use teamviewer to fix my grandpa's computer problems (usually simple stuff like he forgot how to close the browser or how to open his email).

All issues solved across multiple generations recursively!

Last edited by Hack&Lube; 12-11-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:43 AM   #23
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So here's an outright bizarre issue that I've never seen before.

My parents are on Outlook 2007 and using Shaw for Internet.

Just recently their outgoing email is only sending the first couple of lines of the email. Its almost like the email body is being cut off.

Any ideas so I can get my folks off of my back?
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #24
GreatWhiteEbola
First Line Centre

Exp:

Hazzah!!!! Between my dad in Forestburg and my mom in Red Deer, this will save me time and money!!! Team Viewer to the rescue!!

GreatWhiteEbola is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreatWhiteEbola For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #25
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
So here's an outright bizarre issue that I've never seen before.

My parents are on Outlook 2007 and using Shaw for Internet.

Just recently their outgoing email is only sending the first couple of lines of the email. Its almost like the email body is being cut off.

Any ideas so I can get my folks off of my back?
Call Shaw, they support that stuff.

I can't tell what it might be with the info you have given
Old 12-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #26
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Be warned, a corporate use license is $4000 for Teamviewer 9 (3 concurrent connections).

I used to use logmein but switched to teamviewer because it was easier to talk my parents through how to install that from the website without me even having to pay an initial visit to set it up. I in turn trained my mom on how to use teamviewer to fix my grandpa's computer problems (usually simple stuff like he forgot how to close the browser or how to open his email).

All issues solved across multiple generations recursively!
I would only be using it with one user, so like $750. Still don't have enough clients to justify it, would rather just use VNC since manual setup isn't that bad.

At work, we use Intelliadmin, which is really cheap, maybe $150 per user but it is only internal. The rough equiv to Teamviewer is $650 or so.

Last edited by Rathji; 12-11-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Rathji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #27
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathji View Post
I would only be using it with one user, so like $750. Still don't have enough clients to justify it, would rather just use VNC since manual setup isn't that bad.

At work, we use Intelliadmin, which is really cheap, maybe $150 per user but it is only internal. The rough equiv to Teamviewer is $650 or so.
If you are on an internal Windows network, why not just RDP or offer remote assistance (msra.exe /offerra)? Save $750.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #28
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
If you are on an internal Windows network, why not just RDP or offer remote assistance (msra.exe /offerra)? Save $750.
Because the business use I am thinking of is for my consulting, not my full time job. I guess that was probably really confusing the way I worded it.

Intelliadmin for the small amount it costs simplifies it over remote assistance enough that it is more than worth it.