Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-27-2011, 03:23 PM   #61
Table 5
Franchise Player
 
Table 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NYYC
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Table5 - could you get a 135 a year or two old for the price of a new 128? I've driven a Dinan chipped 135 and that thing was a rocket. I couldn't even look at a 128 after that.
I could actually, but I actually prefer the 128 (I've driven both). While the 135 is fantastic, it's more expensive to maintain (higher insurance costs and needs premium fuel) plus has had some issues with the fuel-pump that doesnt seem to be going away.

The 128 has a naturally aspirated 6 that's proven, is a little more simpler in terms of maintenance, and is still hell of a fun car to throw around. I'm not sure I'd get that much more use out of the 135 to be honest.

Last edited by Table 5; 06-27-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:24 PM   #62
Table 5
Franchise Player
 
Table 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NYYC
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkrogan View Post
My fiscal responsibility goes out the door for two things, cars, and European vacations.

#1!!!!
I'm hoping to hear more of these types of answers.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2011, 03:26 PM   #63
Table 5
Franchise Player
 
Table 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NYYC
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
Option 1, but 335i instead of 128i (at least 135i, go turbo!).
I know it's hard to believe, but I actually don't want to. the 135 for the reasons stated above, and the 335i because I actually prefer the smaller footprint of the 1. Every one and their dog has a 3 series, and I don't need the extra size. Short of it being a wagon/hatch, it's the perfect car for me.

The other option was the A3, but with a new design around the corner, I'm not sure I want to buy a 8 year old design.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:27 PM   #64
burn_this_city
Franchise Player
 
burn_this_city's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

I just don't care for the fit and finish in the 1 series interior, especially at CDN pricing.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:30 PM   #65
Table 5
Franchise Player
 
Table 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NYYC
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
I just don't care for the fit and finish in the 1 series interior, especially at CDN pricing.
Yep, it's definitely not 3 series, or Audi level.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:32 PM   #66
calgaryrocks
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Exp:
Default

@table 5
I would go with #1
you get the colour you want, you don't feel like you are spending as much (makes for more satisfaction) even though you will probably spend as much in the end. and you get to drive your dream car on your honeymoon? sweet.
go for it man, or buy a one or two year old version of the same thing for thousands less in canada (assuming the model didn't change too much since 2010 or 2011)
__________________
GO FLAMES, STAMPEDERS, ROUGHNECKS, CALVARY, and HITMEN!
calgaryrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:08 PM   #67
Coach
Franchise Player
 
Coach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Vancouver
Exp:
Default

Hey everyone,

I have i rather large problem with my car, 3/4 doors are stuck closed. It seems like the handle has become detached from the lock as it isnt catching when I pull. Anyone know a good place to get this repaired? I've tried doing it myself but I cant take the door panels off while they are closed. Thanks!
__________________
Coach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:11 PM   #68
burn_this_city
Franchise Player
 
burn_this_city's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

NM wrong poster lol.

Last edited by burn_this_city; 06-27-2011 at 09:34 PM.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:19 PM   #69
burn_this_city
Franchise Player
 
burn_this_city's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

What kind of car is it Matty?

Last edited by burn_this_city; 06-27-2011 at 09:34 PM.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:25 AM   #70
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!
 
Ozy_Flame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Exp:
Default

Hey everyone, I have a 2007 BMW 335xi, and lately it's been squeaking when I'm moving between 5-20 km/h. Rolling down my window, it appears to be coming from something on the driver side wheel area, and seems to increase when I'm making a right-hand turn.

It does NOT squeak when I apply the brakes.

Any ideas? It's intermittent, but now seems to be more prevalent with the warmer weather in the last couple of weeks.

Any help would be much appreciated!!
Ozy_Flame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:27 AM   #71
burn_this_city
Franchise Player
 
burn_this_city's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Since its AWD I'd check the front CV shaft on that side for a torn boot. Could also be the wheel hub bearing, but you'd probably hear that at all speeds.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:43 PM   #72
AMG_G
Scoring Winger
 
AMG_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Exp:
Default

Welcome to my world 2 years ago. I complained and complained to Kevin, the service manager and he basically said live with it nothing can be done. He replaced the sensors, added squeal paste, sanded my pads...nothing got ride of it. Only squeaks when going 0-5kph and it is from the back wheels. I think it is the hill assist failing to disengage but then again it happens on flat roads as well. The 335 was a POS. The injectors would go every few months throwing the car into limp mode while driving. Had to reboot the car each time to get it to go away. The service was terrible. It was more common than a Camry. So glad that POS is out of my life. My 2004 330ci was miles ahead of the 335....problem free for the 4 years I owned it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Hey everyone, I have a 2007 BMW 335xi, and lately it's been squeaking when I'm moving between 5-20 km/h. Rolling down my window, it appears to be coming from something on the driver side wheel area, and seems to increase when I'm making a right-hand turn.

It does NOT squeak when I apply the brakes.

Any ideas? It's intermittent, but now seems to be more prevalent with the warmer weather in the last couple of weeks.

Any help would be much appreciated!!
AMG_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:25 AM   #73
Table 5
Franchise Player
 
Table 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NYYC
Exp:
Default

Anyone here ever owned an older 911 (SC or 3.2 era) in Calgary?
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:40 AM   #74
Sliver
PC LOAD LETTER
 
Sliver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
Anyone here ever owned an older 911 (SC or 3.2 era) in Calgary?
What year range would that be? My dad had a 1990ish 911 in the late 90s and I remember him saying it cost him $1000 everytime he took it out. Now that could have been because I bagged the absolute shat out of it whenever I got my hands on it, but that thing sure needed a lot of service.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hes View Post
Sliver was correct all these years.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:49 AM   #75
Table 5
Franchise Player
 
Table 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NYYC
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
What year range would that be? My dad had a 1990ish 911 in the late 90s and I remember him saying it cost him $1000 everytime he took it out. Now that could have been because I bagged the absolute shat out of it whenever I got my hands on it, but that thing sure needed a lot of service.
1987 911, the g50 era....which is supposedly the most rugged of all 911's ever built (the late 80's were pretty much the pinnacle for all german built cars). What year did your dad have? I know the 90-92 996 models had a few oil-leak issues that seem to plague them (and why they tend to be less desirable).

I was pretty close to pulling the trigger on that 1 series, but I test drove on of these this weekend just in case. Generally awesome, but wondering what day to day life is with them as of course it doesn't have a lot of the little comforts a modern car does.

But then who needs comfort when it looks like this?
http://www.aicauto.com/gallery/Image...gaps.JPG&w=700
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:55 AM   #76
4X4
One of the Nine
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Exp:
Default

I think you're asking for trouble if you want to drive that year round in Calgary.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:04 AM   #77
Sliver
PC LOAD LETTER
 
Sliver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
1987 911, the g50 era....which is supposedly the most rugged of all 911's ever built (the late 80's were pretty much the pinnacle for all german built cars). What year did your dad have? I know the 90-92 996 models had a few oil-leak issues that seem to plague them (and why they tend to be less desirable).

I was pretty close to pulling the trigger on that 1 series, but I test drove on of these this weekend just in case. Generally awesome, but wondering what day to day life is with them as of course it doesn't have a lot of the little comforts a modern car does.

But then who needs comfort when it looks like this?
http://www.aicauto.com/gallery/Image...gaps.JPG&w=700
His was an '88 targa that looked just like this except brown: http://www.rennsportmotors.com/1988911.html. He only had it about 18 months. I remember the headliner pealed off when my cousin did 200 with the targa top off. I also remember I returned it to him once with the brakes smoking and it reaked of burning clutch. $1000 everytime it left the garage...not kidding.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hes View Post
Sliver was correct all these years.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:05 AM   #78
Table 5
Franchise Player
 
Table 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NYYC
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
I think you're asking for trouble if you want to drive that year round in Calgary.

Possibly, but keep in mind that the 911 has the engine in the back, so this RWD is actually pretty stable on snow. I'd probably keep my beater just in case though.

Having to base a car decision on the climate is really annoying, Canada.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #79
Table 5
Franchise Player
 
Table 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NYYC
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
I remember the headliner pealed off when my cousin did 200 with the targa top off. I also remember I returned it to him once with the brakes smoking and it reaked of burning clutch.
Ha, I think I'd try to be a little bit more careful, but good to know.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #80
Sliver
PC LOAD LETTER
 
Sliver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
Possibly, but keep in mind that the 911 has the engine in the back, so this RWD is actually pretty stable on snow. I'd probably keep my beater just in case though.

Having to base a car decision on the climate is really annoying, Canada.
You don't want to be relying on a 25 year-old car as your DD in winter or summer for that matter. Let alone a 25 year-old Porsche.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hes View Post
Sliver was correct all these years.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:08 AM.

Calgary Flames
2017-18




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016