Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2011, 12:06 PM   #21
Reaper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggyformayor View Post
Quite the shock around the office right now, but overall I can't see a huge shakeup coming. Although there is some overlap between what Sport Chek and Canadian Tire sell, there is a lot of variation as well. The hockey equipment that Canadian Tire carries for example is a lot more entry level product as opposed to the higher end gear carried at Chek.
Do you mean the high end closeout items or the stick repaints?
Old 05-09-2011, 01:56 PM   #22
Yasa
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yen Man View Post
It's a little sad that Calgary just lost a company to Toronto, but that's business I guess. I hope they keep the Forzani brand name for it's charitable works and it's Mother's Day run, although my guess is Can Tire will probably rename those to some sort of Canadian Tire Foundation or something.
It will most likely remain unchanged. Mark's didn't change from the CT take over, and infact operates pretty independently.
Yasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:46 PM   #23
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komskies View Post
I think you're oversimplifying it a little bit by saying Calgary lost a company to Toronto. Sure they will operate under a common executive structure, but it is not their intention to relocate the Forzani's head office to Toronto. They will still operate with a Calgary head office, just like Mark's.

This may change some time way down the road, but for the time being they will still be a "Calgary company".
How long will that be the case? Eventually running two finance departments, two HR departments, two IT departments, etc. becomes redundant and a waste of money. Thats not to say all of these people would be let go, but it just doesn't necessarily make sense from a business perspective.

That being said there are cases where the companies are left to operate as th have. That has been the case with Marks, but even there things appear to be slowly centralizing.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:36 PM   #24
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
I know it's been mentioned as a joke in this thread, but it would be great to use CT Money to pay for shoes, or new (higher end) hockey equipment. Just saying.
I can't wait to spend the 75 cents I have jammed in my glove box.

Tags
canadian tire , fgl , forzani , sold