Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2009, 10:31 PM   #21
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

does gh:wt gear work with this?
Old 09-10-2009, 05:46 PM   #22
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

any other reviews from folks that have bought this?
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:52 PM   #23
Human Torch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
any other reviews from folks that have bought this?
No brainer if you like the beatles. You can beat it in one sitting though....however that's how I think you should experience it. Bring on the DLC.
Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:04 PM   #24
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

i had read that the instruments are really easy but that the singing is tough; that true?
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:33 AM   #25
Human Torch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
i had read that the instruments are really easy but that the singing is tough; that true?
For the instruments it really depends on the song. You're encouraged to try to play and sing at the same time though. Singing is fine but trying to harmonize is pretty hard.
Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:29 PM   #26
TurnedTheCorner
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

This is a Rock Band game, so there's not much difference there between this and any of the RB games (or to some extent, the GH games) released in the past.

What sets this game apart is in its very reverent treatment of the band and the history. The cutscenes, the details in the sets, the background photos and unlockables - it's all very cool. I'm hardly a Beatles fan, but this is going to be a cool way to experience the band and learn more about them.

If you like the Beatles, this is a no-brainer purchase - even if you've never played rhythm/music games before, you will pick it up with some practice. If you're a fan of GH/RB games, but you're on the fence about a Beatles game, buy this anyway. It's a fantastic experience.

Last edited by TurnedTheCorner; 09-11-2009 at 10:21 PM.
TurnedTheCorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:08 AM   #27
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Played it this weekend, couldn't put it down. Had two guitars going, drummer, main vocals and two harmoninizininziers. Not sure what the plural for them is... anyway... the back up singing is very cool, every now and then you get your own line and the pitches go all over, very neat stuff. I really hope they put this feature in future rock band games. I think back up singer is my favourite role because you get a lot more drinking time than playing an instrument during songs... and the more you drink, the better you are at singing! Amirite?

I'm wondering where some of the songs are, Let it Be, Hey Jude etc.. are these downloadable? Unlockable?

Anyway, if you like the beatles, you have to buy this game, end of story.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:29 PM   #28
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can someone please tell me what comes with the $250 package? I haven't been able to find a clear answer online.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:31 PM   #29
TurnedTheCorner
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

To the best of my knowledge, the $250 package comes with:
The software
The McCartney bass guitar
The Ringo drums
Mic

This is based on my examination of one of the packages yesterday, and seems to be confirmed on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bea...nt_peripherals

Last edited by TurnedTheCorner; 09-14-2009 at 12:34 PM.
TurnedTheCorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:30 PM   #30
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Also, Guitar Hero guitars work with this and older Rock Band guitars work with it as well. So if you already have rock band, you could just buy the game ($60) and you are set, the drums in the basic $150 package are IDENTICAL to the RB drums and so is the guitar.

The only added bonus is you get another mic (however any USB mic should work with this and I know those are cheaper than $90)
Old 09-14-2009, 05:43 PM   #31
Crispy's Critter
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Also, Guitar Hero guitars work with this and older Rock Band guitars work with it as well. So if you already have rock band, you could just buy the game ($60) and you are set, the drums in the basic $150 package are IDENTICAL to the RB drums and so is the guitar.

The only added bonus is you get another mic (however any USB mic should work with this and I know those are cheaper than $90)
yes, the supposed "special value edition" is actually all RB1 instruments they are trying to get rid of, so not so special.

I bought the game and the John Lennon Rickenbacker 325 guitar, but can't play it until I go home on Thursday

Crispy's Critter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beatles , for sale , release date , rock band , street date