Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum

Notices

Old 04-04-2008, 12:27 AM   #41
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Flames pay per view package - $129.95
My share of seasons tickets - $1175
Listening to Canucks fans sulking on the team 1040 post game show.... priceless.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:28 AM   #42
Jiggy_12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHotHeat View Post
What are we thanking them for again? Being Calgary's biotch in the crunch time? Alright, thanks.
For putting up a fight in a meaningless (for them) game.
Jiggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:32 AM   #43
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Thank you Oilers. Some of our players will repay you by bringing the cup back to their home town for a day.
You Need a Thneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:48 AM   #44
BBQorMILDEW
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

That game reminded me about game 7 against Anaheim..

Home team with NO HEART, gives up after 2 quick goals by opposition..
BBQorMILDEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:07 AM   #45
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQorMILDEW View Post
That game reminded me about game 7 against Anaheim..

Home team with NO HEART, gives up after 2 quick goals by opposition..
I am just hoping they are getting it out of their system now, and they surprise us against whoever they play. Unfortunately this seems very reminiscent of last years team. That being said I am hoping Iron Mike takes the reigns here, and gets out of this team which it is capable of, which I truly believe could be a Cup.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:16 AM   #46
Incinerator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Something to lighten the mood:

Incinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:34 AM   #47
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:09 AM   #48
Flame Of Liberty
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
but given that it was Vancouver who eliminated us from the playoffs in the last game of the '04 season...this payback is sweet.
Haha good point, I don't remember how many current Oilers were on that '04 team, but for sure it was a sweet payback for them, so no wonder they showed up for this game.

I gotta admit, when I checked the score and Edmonton was up 2:0 my reaction was like YEAH baby! Still feeling a little bit guilty because of that, but oh well Bingo Bango is golfing again so everything is the way it is supposed to be!
Flame Of Liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:00 AM   #49
vicphoenix13
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Isn't just like Albert Roloson to show up and play well when the game is meaningless to his team.
vicphoenix13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 06:41 AM   #50
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

We have to prove we're worth it.

Gotta win the first round now.

Hey, it feels good. But seriously, if we can't convert this gift? How good are we?
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:12 AM   #51
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hate seeing this thread on CP, only because it really does mean the Oilers did the Flames a favour. I too, as an Oiler fan, wanted to see Vancouver win last night. Just as you Flame fans take pride in seeing Edmonton miss the playoffs, the same can be said for me regarding Calgary. I respect most of you guys as posters and fans of your team, but the feelings towards our two teams is mutual.

Good luck in the playoffs, because honestly, I think you're going to need it. I'm not trying to sound bitter (even though I probably am), but I think you will be in tough during Round 1. With that said, anything can happen.
metallicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:30 AM   #52
Mongo
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_fan View Post
Good luck in the playoffs, because honestly, I think you're going to need it. I'm not trying to sound bitter (even though I probably am), but I think you will be in tough during Round 1. With that said, anything can happen.
Agreed especially if it's the 7th seed the Flames land in...the Sharks are playing like a team possessed these days and I don't see the Flames holding them back.

Detroit or Minny on the other hand...

Oh and Flames...we still want a regulation win from you on Saturday. It'll allow us to beat the Canucks and give Burke a lower pick. Right now the best he can do is 10th overall but with some luck from Chicago/Buffalo/Vancouver...he could land with the 13th pick.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:51 AM   #53
jschick88
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thank you Oilers!!!! The only time I cheered for the oilers. Not the way I wanted the flames to make the playoffs to depend on other teams to lose but I guess I will take it.
jschick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:53 AM   #54
Flashpoint
Not the 1 millionth post winnar

Exp:

It wouldn't have mattered. We would have beaten Van on Sunday. We owe the sad sack Soilers nothing. Anyone who thinks so doesn't have any faith in the Flames and should go buy one of those white Oiler practice jerseys those Deadmonton punks wore all season.

We beat the Oilers in the most critical game of the season. That makes us better than them. They beat the Canucks in similar circumstances. Clearly Calgary is therefore better than Vancouver. Case closed.

Besides...You can't touch a Flame when it's red hot! You can't put the fire out! It's a magic thing that can't be bought. You can't touch a Flame when it's red hot, red hot, RED HOT!
Old 04-04-2008, 10:35 AM   #55
OldSam
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would also like to add my heartfelt thanks to the Oilers for playing like there was still something to play for and eliminating my most hated team. It is hard not to like the Oilers (I can't believe I said that!!) because their youngsters were fun to watch.

I even cheered for Roloson last night.

And now I have to leave for a while. I have been committed to a "special home" to go through detoxification.
OldSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:47 AM   #56
stone156
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Pretty impressive for the Oilers to play with that much heart in a meaningless game. Maybe the Flames should watch the tape of that game instead of the Minny game and pick up a few pointers on effort. I don't agree with the "back door" sentiment. The Flames have more points and won more games, doesn't matter if they were won now or in October.

I have this image of some Coiler gasping "Earn This" to Darrell as the game ended.

Do or do not...there is no try
stone156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:49 AM   #57
OilKiller
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I found myself cheering for the Oilers last night. Ugh.

But, thank you goes out to the Oilers for coming to play and not rolling over.

The one thing the Flames and Oilers obviously have in common is our shared hatred of all things Canucks.

Bye bye Nucks....
OilKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:55 AM   #58
Jason14h
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Apart from everything that has been said here, how about Stoll?

Seriously, in a meaningless game, the guy gets a puck in the ear, goes and gets stiches, and comes back and scores the game winning goal.

This is the way hockey players used to be made, and I have no problem saying I cheered for the Oilers last night based purely on Stoll's actions
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:58 AM   #59
Ruttiger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone156 View Post
Pretty impressive for the Oilers to play with that much heart in a meaningless game. Maybe the Flames should watch the tape of that game instead of the Minny game and pick up a few pointers on effort. I don't agree with the "back door" sentiment. The Flames have more points and won more games, doesn't matter if they were won now or in October.

I have this image of some Coiler gasping "Earn This" to Darrell as the game ended.
Agreed. People get too caught up in the timing of the wins rather than the number. A win in October is every bit as valuable as a win in April - the spotlight just burns a little brighter now.

And it's more than a little ironic that the Flames got help from the Oilers after all the games the Flames lost over the past two weeks that could have helped us out. Ah well - what goes around comes around A grudging "good luck" to you guys in the play-offs.....though I'm not sure I really mean that!
Ruttiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:10 AM   #60
Hemmer
Mullet Face

Exp:

Cheer hard and enjoy the playoffs Cowtown.. its the best time of year. Ahhh i miss playoff hockey
Oh well, I guess one positive is all the booze money I save now with the Oil out.
Hemmer is offline   Reply With Quote