Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2015, 06:55 PM   #1
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Teksavvy

Anyone using this? I've heard lots of good things about it. I'm thinking about cancelling my Telus service and going with Teksavvy. Just want to know if anyone here has used them
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:15 PM   #2
Yellefan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
Anyone using this? I've heard lots of good things about it. I'm thinking about cancelling my Telus service and going with Teksavvy. Just want to know if anyone here has used them
I got Teksavvy cable hooked up one week ago. So far I'm disappointed as I am seeing big time congestion in the evenings and all weekend. Tech support is not great as they can't actually do anything for me-- Shaw has to do everything, so I ended up doing a whole lot of troubleshooting on my own and filling out some paperwork that they forwarded on to Shaw to open a ticket. I'd say I wouldn't recommend them unless you are "tech savvy", as if you have issues you're pretty much on your own.

I finally got someone who knew what they were talking about when I called to cancel and he basically told me that they have to replace some of their equipment in calgary to fix my problem-- ETA is mid-April. Still deciding whether I'm going to wait it out-- getting full speeds in the day, but evening and weekends I average about 7-8 Mbps.
Yellefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 12:15 AM   #3
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well I'm definitely not tech savvy. What about light speed? Heard its also supposed to be good.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 07:08 AM   #4
Flames89
First Line Centre

Exp:

I have been using tech savvy for about 8 years. They are great. Cheapest out there and high limits (they were no limit when I joined).
Getting set up and major issues does take longer as they ride on others lines. I use DSL. I have heard cable is slower as there is more congestion on Rogers and Shaw lines, but I am not expert in these matters.
Flames89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 08:19 AM   #5
fundamentals
Backup Goalie

Exp:

When I lived in Ontario, I had a Teksaavy connection and I loved it. Speed and pricing were great... Once I called to resolve a billing issue and the lady I spoke to told me that we used just under 2 TERABYTES of bandwidth the previous month. (I lived with 2 other guys & all of us were heavy downloaders).

The only little issues I had were because Teksaavy is sort of at the mercy of Rogers when it comes to things like fixing infrastructure & resolving some major issues. So it was kind of annoying to call them and be told that I basically just had to wait until someone from Rogers got around to fixing it.
fundamentals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:15 AM   #6
wooohooo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I had them a few years ago I think and the support just wasn't very good. Getting anything fixed was a nightmare. This was a new house as well so we needed to wait for shaw to come connect the lines first. It was okay if all you do is some web browsing but it wasn't very dast

I'm not sure what the issue was but I switched back to Shaw and my speeds went back to fine. Things could have changed now but I'm happy with Shaw right now.
wooohooo is offline   Reply With Quote