Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2024, 06:09 PM   #161
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

I hope Edmonton wins. I hope they rub it in and wake someone up . I hope someone shows up pissed off and it rubs off and runs deep into our organization that its not okay to be this plain vanilla boring predictable regurgitating cluster that its been for a long time.

At the very least turn Alberta back into death valley for the rest of thr league....you'll earn no points here.

Edmonton and Calgarys bad blood spills into the streets again and guys want to come here and play because we have a new barn , guys care , culture changes and my jerseys don't sit in the closet for years collecting dust
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EVERLAST For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2024, 09:56 PM   #162
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

O-0 after 1, 2-2 after 2, the game pretty tentative. Scrappy goals from Richards and Clark and Nilson.

Setup for Iginla to win the third.

The Gelinas goal no one in the Dome knew. No replay board. Those at home watching CBC saw the replay a few minutes late (Bob Cole was blathering on all game about his boyfriend Richards) and only ABC caught it right away.

We only heard about it on the shocking ride home right after the game, post game plans foiled, with a win we would be out all night but a loss sent us straight home. The TVs on the OL weren't working so even in the OT intermission we were in the dark as to the injustice.

Shame for the Flames people upstairs not catching it to at least get a review.

Of course a terrible missed tripping call on Simon in 2OT and puck gets to the point and screen shot rebound lands right on rat St Louis' stick to go to game 7, that no Flames fan had good feeling about.

Marcus Nilson from Dave Lowry and Jarome Iginla at 9:50 of OT1 to with the Stanley Cup 4-2, would be the trivia answer if the Flames best OT chance went in. It's at 2:29:29

Nilson so close, and our seats were right on the goaline and how much money would I have given or give now to see the puck slip through Khabibhulin and trickle over the line for the greatest night and greatest win in Flames history.

Last edited by browna; 06-04-2024 at 10:04 PM.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2024, 09:58 PM   #163
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

No one talks about the clear massive trip on Simon allowing the OT goal.

NHL refs have always been pathetic.
Paulie Walnuts is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Paulie Walnuts For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2024, 10:10 PM   #164
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
No one talks about the clear massive trip on Simon allowing the OT goal.

NHL refs have always been pathetic.
If anyone has the stomach, it's at the end of the video. Can't tell who it was, but it was 100% intentional from the Tampa player to slide backwards to cut Simon's legs out. No way they defenseman would attempt a shot, pick was barely kept in as it was and if Simon was int he guys face he would've retreated. But a blatant slide back towards to the boards to trip Simon.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 08:42 AM   #165
Jordan!
Jordan!

Exp:

I saw the puck cross the line in the 300's... Wish a whistle blew, I was so pissed the play continued. Pull a Lowry and throw the puck into the stands.

IT WAS IN
Jordan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 09:02 AM   #166
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
If anyone has the stomach, it's at the end of the video. Can't tell who it was, but it was 100% intentional from the Tampa player to slide backwards to cut Simon's legs out. No way they defenseman would attempt a shot, pick was barely kept in as it was and if Simon was int he guys face he would've retreated. But a blatant slide back towards to the boards to trip Simon.
I've been mad about this since the second the goal happened, was a blatant and obvious trip that prevented Simon from clearing.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 10:11 AM   #167
icarus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
The Gelinas goal no one in the Dome knew. No replay board. Those at home watching CBC saw the replay a few minutes late (Bob Cole was blathering on all game about his boyfriend Richards) and only ABC caught it right away.

We only heard about it on the shocking ride home right after the game, post game plans foiled, with a win we would be out all night but a loss sent us straight home. The TVs on the OL weren't working so even in the OT intermission we were in the dark as to the injustice.
It's been 20 years (yikes), but I seem to recall in the OT intermission in the concourse Bingo was on the phone to Mrs. Bingo watching at home, who alerted him that there was a video replay showing the Gelinas chance going in. There were no smartphones so we couldn't see it. But there started to be a little bit of chatter amongst those who were in touch with folks outside the Dome.
Old 06-05-2024, 10:14 AM   #168
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
I've been mad about this since the second the goal happened, was a blatant and obvious trip that prevented Simon from clearing.
The ref was right in position to make the call. How do you miss a man that size getting taken out like that. That goal should never have happened.

I haven't gone back to watch those disgusting highlights.
Paulie Walnuts is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Paulie Walnuts For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2024, 07:42 PM   #169
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:
icon57

At least in 04 we had to beat the league leaders in everything to advance round by round.

We backed in yeah and then we took down monsters with a team of under-rated unappreciated guys who loved the underdog role and quickly became Canada's team.

Only 4.players played 82 games healthy Iginlaplayed 81.....that team was beat up before the playoffs bit those guys never quit.

We won the game and got screwed out of the cup....
Still glad it happened though.
Best summer of my life.
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote