Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2024, 02:54 PM   #921
AndyM
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime GFG View Post
Where?! How?! I’m bringing my kids and I shall partake in said free hot dogs!
According to the email:

Arrive early for your FREE Hot Dog!
Our friends at Maple Lodge Farms will be giving free hot dogs to the first 250 fans! Make sure to get down to the grounds early to get the perfect pre-match snack.

I hope you and the kids got one.
AndyM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AndyM For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2024, 04:56 PM   #922
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tobias is a difference maker for this team. Play him as the 9 Tommy! He’s a handful for defenders and has a nose for goal
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M*A*S*H 4077 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2024, 05:08 PM   #923
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

I remember when someone here said he won't be an impact player and was a depth signing at best. He was clearly one of the best guys on FCE and he's continuing his importance here. I hope that person has changed their mind.

Also, how was Forge able to play so well with 10 men? Excellent pressing in 6th gear for the last 5-6 mins.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2024, 05:14 PM   #924
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

More importantly though, FTF!!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2024, 05:39 PM   #925
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

#### ya
TheIronMaiden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 05:40 PM   #926
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Who is 20? Diaz? I loved the pace with which he defended.
Old 06-08-2024, 05:53 PM   #927
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
Who is 20? Diaz? I loved the pace with which he defended.
It was his ball that unlocked the defence for the goal too. He’s a skilled player for sure.

That had to have been our best game of the season. Only one goal, but we created way more than our last several games. We’ll be looking good once Musse and Akio are fit and playing Tobias through the middle.
The Big Chill is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Big Chill For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2024, 10:35 AM   #928
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am pleased to hear that Shaw played well in his concacaf qualifier. Hopefully he brings some of that good mojo with him.
Old 06-09-2024, 11:27 AM   #929
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yesterday was the polar opposite of two weeks ago against Valour. Big crowd. Win against a rival. Great atmosphere. One of those games where the entire crowd was on from minute 1 until the final whistle.

Thought Cavalry bossed the majority of the game and took it to Forge in attack. Dias is an incredibly frustrating player to watch but his pass to unlock Aird leading to the goal was great and shows his quality. A little worrying seeing Camargo get carted off after the game so hopefully it's nothing serious. IMO Aird has been Cavalry's best player this season which isn't great but Warschewski will get the plaudits for being the one to put the ball in the back of the net. And yes I do think he has been of critical importance to the club with Bevan's departure (Ozy you can actually type my name out I'm not correct all the time on this stuff).

As for the recent criticism of the Foot Soldiers I'll just say that we are only as good as the people willing to put in the work. If you want the drumming to improve, pick up a mallet. If you want the person on the megaphone to improve, talk to them. If you want us to sing the same stuff as the ultras you're more than welcome to have yet another conversation with them on it. If you want us to squash a supporters group (that we get along with great) that popped up organically in another section that's simply not going to happen. This is season 10 for us and I've learned that the number of people willing to tell us what to do is far greater than the number of people willing to actually do the work.

If you ever want to chat I'm in row 1 of section 200 almost every game.

Lastly, FTF.

Last edited by shermanator; 06-10-2024 at 06:30 AM.
shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2024, 11:50 AM   #930
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
If you want us to squash a supporters group (that we get along with great) that popped up organically in another section that's simply not going to happen.
Oh sure, now we're just going to rewrite history on what you personally did to the Foot Clan, wide out in the open on these very forums!

The crowd was awesome. That felt more like picking up where we left off last year. Hopefully this keeps going all summer. That was a really entertaining game to keep people coming back for more.

Holy hell getting out of the parking lot was brutal though. Not sure what was up, but it seemed like the south lot was largely cleared out while the north lot was still lined up and not moving. Oh well, so much easier to sit in traffic after a win!

I'm not sure if he was hurt early in the season or not, but it seems egregious that Aird wasn't starting. Especially with Musse out, he is literally the only player that can put a good ball in the box.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2024, 12:01 PM   #931
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yesterday was one of those days where everything just felt right. On the field, the crowd, the result, the atmosphere, etc. To be honest, we haven't one of those yet this year where everything just came together nicely.

Hopefully this is the start of a bit of a run. Last year was the same - lots of ties and frustration early on and then it started clicking.

I quite like Warschewski, and not just because he scored. He is interesting to watch off of the ball. He kind of jogs around putting passive pressure on the opponents when they have the ball, and almost appears a bit lazy. But his positioning is really good though, and when he needs to turn it on a bit, he is deceptively fast because of his long stride.

I haven't been a fan of Lucas Diaz, but I'll become one if he plays more like he did yesterday. A key pass leading to the goal, and he generally played well. A proper substitute performance.

And credit to the club... I was fulling expecting a horse event and a well-attended Cavalry match on the same day to be another one of those "really, front office?" moments where they have to do something terribly before learning not to do it again. They had entrance on the south side closed off for a bit which was frustrating, but apparently they opened it up eventually. Other than not communicating that in advance, they actually pulled it off.
Jimmy Stang is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2024, 12:21 PM   #932
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yesterday was great! Excellent shutout win against the Forge. Aird keeps proving to be the engine of this team, Warschewski continues to establish himself as a top talent in this league / be my fave Cavs player (the dude's footwork in close is absolutely insane), and the crowd was into it from start to finish.

Also, I can't stop eating those meat pies. Goddamnit.
Muta is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2024, 12:37 PM   #933
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

One other observation - is this the end of Kyle Bekker? I think that was his worst performance at Spruce Meadows ever. 33 years old, and age may have taken away a step. I haven't watched their other games to see if this was an outlier, but he did not look good. Suits him nicely.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2024, 02:03 PM   #934
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Worcester-sauce-ski is a beauty!
Old 06-09-2024, 02:37 PM   #935
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don’t think Diaz and Camargo work on the pitch at the same time as they both like to drift into the same kind of areas to find the ball and especially drift wide left to overlap the winger. It’s a great player to have but tough to fit them both in at the same time Hopefully Camargo isn’t out long.

Agreed on Aird being the Cavs best player so far this year, Warschiewski up there as well. I thought Trafford had an unbelievable start to the year but he hasn’t looked up to par since the HFX match. Akio still needs to get whatever it is that’s off with him sorted out. Zero confidence and wasn’t willing to take guys on and bet a man after he came on yesterday.

Anyone have an idea when Musse is back?
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cavalry fc , cpl , ftf , soccer