Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2024, 10:32 AM   #221
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I say ditch the fire making challenge altogether.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to woob For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2024, 10:45 AM   #222
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnarpy View Post
Blood vs Water!!

(I think I’m repeating myself, lol)
How can i watch this? I stopped watching survivor for a few seasons and came back for the last few cause it was getting stale, unfortunately it hasnt improved so interested in watching this!
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 02:31 PM   #223
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy_12 View Post
How can i watch this? I stopped watching survivor for a few seasons and came back for the last few cause it was getting stale, unfortunately it hasnt improved so interested in watching this!
https://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpo...&postcount=165

Season 9 is Blood vs Water
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 05:19 PM   #224
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well...I was FINALLY able to find the time and the desire to watch this...and I'm not sure what to think.

Starting out, I felt that as long as the winner was either Mariah, Charlie or Kenzie I'd have been ok with it. Ben was a floater, and Liz was an inflated egomaniac. "If I got to the Final 3 I would have won"...Hahaha...no. Not a chance. Talk about blind to herself.

But I have to be honest with myself. One of the main reasons I watch is...the CP Game. If I wasn't playing with you folks, I likely wouldn't be watching Survivor anymore, ESPECIALLY after it bumped up to 1.5 hours (and seems content to stay there).

I find that the forced diversity in casting has led to casts that are not interesting at all to watch and, as has been said several times here, leads to a rewarding of feelings over gameplay.

Kenzie played an ok game, and she did own it. But it's not like Charlie wasn't social at all. His 'open door' policy was a fantastic play, and I wish he'd been able to make more of it. He SHOULD have won this season.

Ben winning the final Immunity challenge (which I did like) was an eye-roller to me. The ONLY possible shot he would have had is if he'd made Kenzie and Charlie go to fire-making against each other, and then hoped that whoever won of that tripped flat on their face with the jury, stuttering through every answer. He and Liz would not have gotten a single vote any which way it was sliced.

The little blurb for Season "forty several" has me wondering. It SEEMS like a lot of players are there to actually PLAY. Except for that one guy who was all about not being an outdoors type.

Guess we'll see. Season Forty-Several may be the last Survivor I watch. And I've seen them all.
WhiteTiger is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2024, 05:35 PM   #225
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Been looking around some, and there are a lot of folks who feel that Liz 'cheated' when she helped Kenzie win, and both should have been disqualified.

I admit that I wasn't impressed by it (WTF Kenzie, the 'riddle' wasn't THAT hard to figure out...) but I didn't consider it cheating.
Old 05-31-2024, 09:17 AM   #226
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Lots of good points in here and I am late to the party, but ya that was brutal. Maria was so bitter there is no way she can deny it.

If you even just watch her face while Probst asks Charlie about how he feels, and Charlie takes that extra breath to compose himself, she is so smug and satisfied. She is expecting back lash, she really is, but Charlie doesn't give it to her. The 25 year old shows more emotional maturity than the mature mother of two or whatever. And her face goes from smug satisfied to embarrassed, she looks down for a split second, body language her confidence has wavered and she is second guessing it all.

She deserves to be raked through the coals on this one, and even Survivor CBS put up a post on their instagram asking people to basically lay off her. But this is the problem with this show these days, it's gotten 'to nice'. This is a show about cut throat moves. Should you always be bitter, no, you should respect them, but you don't all have to be best friends "love you, love you!" every time someone is voted out.

It's ok to hold people accountable for their actions without being bitter.

I hate the new jury format as well. Go back to the one at a time get up and address the finalists.

This season had potential I thought, honestly lots of great personalities, but the season fell flat when everyone went home with idols in their pockets. And I don't think that speaks to 'amazing blind sides' as Charlie put it, but just poor game play on their part. Especially the Hunter vote. When you are that paranoid, and your gut is telling you something that strongly, fricken listen to it man.

The casting went down a rabbit hole of.. well.. we all know what. And that has really hurt the show. Should be casting roles like they used to. We need heroes, we need villains.

Overall I am happy for Kenzie I don't think that she DIDN'T deserve to win, but Charlie deserved it more. He played a much more calculated game. Kenzie had the strong social game though and if it wasn't for a bitter vote it would have went to Ben for final vote, and I strongly think he would have picked Charlie.
Old 05-31-2024, 02:33 PM   #227
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
She deserves to be raked through the coals on this one, and even Survivor CBS put up a post on their instagram asking people to basically lay off her. But this is the problem with this show these days, it's gotten 'to nice'. This is a show about cut throat moves. Should you always be bitter, no, you should respect them, but you don't all have to be best friends "love you, love you!" every time someone is voted out.

I saw their Facebook version of this, and thought it was because people were roasting Liz to pieces for her ignorance of herself.