Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2024, 09:31 AM   #9281
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
I did?

Is the opposite he's talking about not Hamas surrendering as opposed to Israel's abject surrender?
He’s saying he doesn’t hold his position (which you can disagree with) because Israel is morally right but rather because they’re morally wrong to the point that they will kill anyone, civilian or otherwise, in their way.

You both agree on the approach Israel is taking, you just disagree on what the result should be.

I don’t agree it’s what should happen but I do agree that the only way to stop Israel from continuing their genocide is total surrender, because at this point they aren’t even listening to the US.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2024, 09:42 AM   #9282
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Aaah. Thanks!

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2024, 10:18 AM   #9283
Flames Fan, Ph.D.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
He’s saying he doesn’t hold his position (which you can disagree with) because Israel is morally right but rather because they’re morally wrong to the point that they will kill anyone, civilian or otherwise, in their way.

You both agree on the approach Israel is taking, you just disagree on what the result should be.

I don’t agree it’s what should happen but I do agree that the only way to stop Israel from continuing their genocide is total surrender, because at this point they aren’t even listening to the US.
I would disagree with this, only because the US message has been total support. Matthew Miller gets up there, furrows his brow, and gesticulates with his pen but he makes it clear the US supports the slaughter they're bankrolling.
Flames Fan, Ph.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2024, 11:04 AM   #9284
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fan, Ph.D. View Post
I would disagree with this, only because the US message has been total support. Matthew Miller gets up there, furrows his brow, and gesticulates with his pen but he makes it clear the US supports the slaughter they're bankrolling.
I guess I should clarify that they aren’t listening to the US’s soft suggestions of “maybe don’t be quite so harsh.”

End of the day the US is never going to not support them, and they’re now calling that bluff.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2024, 11:35 AM   #9285
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
Here's the point of my example, how the hell does it help the dead guy to know the truck driver is going to get sued? and that's within a legal code, if Israel is the truck driver aint nothing going to happen to him, Bibi can drive that truck through a Palestinian playground at 150 and kill hundreds, there is no law that applies, the irony is international law only applies to countries that lose, international law is the ultimate example of 'might is right' losers get prosecuted winners go free
Useless to talk about international law when the international community has been indirectly funding HAMAS for years. Or at the very least turning a blind eye to where all the money is going.

The issue now in Sept 2024 is a result of years and years of terrible policy by more countries than just Israel.

So hard for any country to look at international anything and see it as anything other than a complete joke when it comes to dealing with these problems.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2024, 11:51 AM   #9286
Zary's-Mustache
First Line Centre

Exp:

Are you actually going to sit there and pretend Netanyahu didn't prop up Hamas to ensure the Palestinians don't get their own state.

That's the only complete joke. Hamas wouldn't be as strong if it wasn't for Netanyahu.
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2024, 12:07 PM   #9287
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
You don't consider Israel to be currently committing acts of terrorism?

I'll ask these same question to you or any other of the pro genocide crowd.
I missed this topic, a bunch of terrorist supporter wannabes making false claims and gas lighting pro Israeli points of views.

First of all there isn't a genocide going on in Gaza, but you already knew that. War and genocide are two different things, so feel free to stop labeling posters "pro-genocide". No one here, or in Israel wants children to die, period.

Second it's called counter-terrorism when you target terrorists in a pretty direct attack. Not like Hamas or Hezbollah do, when they shoot a rocket in a general direction and hope inshallah guides them towards an Israeli objective.
gvitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2024, 12:09 PM   #9288
Zary's-Mustache
First Line Centre

Exp:

Counter terrorism while using terrorism is still terrorism.
Old 09-26-2024, 12:13 PM   #9289
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zary's-Mustache View Post
Are you actually going to sit there and pretend Netanyahu didn't prop up Hamas to ensure the Palestinians don't get their own state.

That's the only complete joke. Hamas wouldn't be as strong if it wasn't for Netanyahu.
The Palestinians had numerous chances for their own state before Netanyahu. They rejected Barrack's and Olmert's offers out of hand.

As far as supporting Hamas, Netanyahu was for Palestinian in fighting, especially in the late 90s and early 2000s. Why? Because in the rights opinion in fighting meant less terrorist attacks against Israel.

Which I'm pretty sure Netanyahu would admit was a mistake. This doesn't obsolve Hamas or the other terrorist groups from crimes committed against Israel and against humanity.
Old 09-26-2024, 12:15 PM   #9290
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Counter terrorism while using terrorism is still terrorism.
No, it really isn't. Exploding small explosives in the pagers of enemy combatants is fair game. Exploding a huge bomb to kill as many civilians as possible or shooting a rocket to accomplish that isn't.
Old 09-26-2024, 12:16 PM   #9291
Zary's-Mustache
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvitaly View Post
No, it really isn't. Exploding small explosives in the pagers of enemy combatants is fair game. Exploding a huge bomb to kill as many civilians as possible or shooting a rocket to accomplish that isn't.
How do you think 15000 children died? By pagers? Pretty sure 2000 pound dumb bombs being dropped is terrorism even if it's your country doing it.
Old 09-26-2024, 12:21 PM   #9292
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nage Waza View Post
I always do despite some of the allegations from the usual suspects.
Thanks for the original reply, I'm wondering if you missed my follow up though, specifically this part which I'm struggling to make sense of:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nage Waza View Post
It certainly proved to be true. Every jew was kicked out of the countries surrounding Israel while Israel maintained their Muslim population.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
Wait - are we talking about different things here?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1948_P...ion_and_flight
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2024, 12:35 PM   #9293
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
How do you think 15000 children died? By pagers? Pretty sure 2000 pound dumb bombs being dropped is terrorism even if it's your country doing it.
Those are Hamas numbers, ones that they have every incentive to exaggerate. Also how can you prove that a child's body in Gaza is a result of an Israeli and not a Hamas bullet or rpg?

It's just convenient to blame everything on Israel, including rocket misfires like the one that hit the hospital in the beginning of the war.
Old 09-26-2024, 12:39 PM   #9294
Flames Fan, Ph.D.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Those are Hamas numbers, ones that they have every incentive to exaggerate. Also how can you prove that a child's body in Gaza is a result of an Israeli and not a Hamas bullet or rpg?

It's just convenient to blame everything on Israel, including rocket misfires like the one that hit the hospital in the beginning of the war.
Need to open my DSM IV volume... this must be described somewhere in there.
Flames Fan, Ph.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2024, 12:47 PM   #9295
Zary's-Mustache
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

This coming from the guy repeating the 40 mutilated babies myth doesn't mean much.

It's a fact that 2000 dumb bombs were being dropped on Gaza. That is terrorism.
Old 09-26-2024, 12:54 PM   #9296
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

De Nile is about 500km SW of the slaughter zone, bud.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2024, 01:38 PM   #9297
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
This coming from the guy repeating the 40 mutilated babies myth doesn't mean much.

It's a fact that 2000 dumb bombs were being dropped on Gaza. That is terrorism.
You really need to try harder than that.

You just keep parroting Hamas propaganda, so keep being a useful idiot.

It's a fact that 2000 lbs bombs were dropped on Gaza, well great, can you pin point where each bomb landed? Which 2000lb bomb was used on which bunker? Because Israel is sure using a ton of percise munitions, unlike your Hamas buddies.
Old 09-26-2024, 01:45 PM   #9298
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You really need to try harder than that.

You just keep parroting Hamas propaganda, so keep being a useful idiot.

It's a fact that 2000 lbs bombs were dropped on Gaza, well great, can you pin point where each bomb landed? Which 2000lb bomb was used on which bunker? Because Israel is sure using a ton of percise munitions, unlike your Hamas buddies.
Do you enjoy wallowing in ignorance? I never understood that position, to be so boisterously proud of ignoring reality. Where'd you learn that skill?

Protip, first result on google. Give it a try sometime, it's a kinda handy tool.

Quote:
The assessment, compiled by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and described to CNN by three sources who have seen it, says that about 40-45% of the 29,000 air-to-ground munitions Israel has used have been unguided. The rest have been precision-guided munitions, the assessment says.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/13/polit...aza/index.html
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote