Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2024, 12:46 PM   #61
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
But the victims were all at risk women. The Hells Angels would be getting rid of rivals and bad members. Doesn't really make sense to me.
Yeah, thats sort of what I was thinking too. The HA dont normally have beef with that demographic.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 12:59 PM   #62
Engine09
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

That's not even the worse conspiracy theory I've heard, one particularly loopy person told me that he read somewhere Justin Trudeau attended parties at the Pickton farm and it was "very likely" he was involved in the crimes and coverup.

The depths these antivax, freedom convoy, ####-Trudeau people will stoop to, it truly reveals how deranged they are. I literally told him to shut the f up and stop reading conspiracy garbage before he completely loses his mind.
Engine09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 01:04 PM   #63
Bs&Cs
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
I also agree though, he was too stupid to act alone. Read the book On The Farm. Tremendous read.
I have no idea how you have actually read On the Farm and come to that conclusion. The book literally makes the opposite case- including quotes from the Mounties who claim that his simple farmer act was just that.
Bs&Cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 03:17 PM   #64
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine09 View Post
That's not even the worse conspiracy theory I've heard, one particularly loopy person told me that he read somewhere Justin Trudeau attended parties at the Pickton farm and it was "very likely" he was involved in the crimes and coverup.

The depths these antivax, freedom convoy, ####-Trudeau people will stoop to, it truly reveals how deranged they are. I literally told him to shut the f up and stop reading conspiracy garbage before he completely loses his mind.
That is like...Theo Fleury level insane.

I dont even know what the tiny shred of...whatever...even led to that 'theory' which...calling it a 'theory' I think is generous.

Look. It is no secret that I loathe Trudeau, I think he's an ass clown. But this kind of crap? You can dislike Trudeau for what he's done, nobody needs to make stuff like this up.

This is essentially just baseless slander.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 06-01-2024, 03:32 PM   #65
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zary's-Mustache View Post
Hells angels would never use some losers land and be so sloppy with their killings.

They are meticulous when they decide they wanna kill someone.
Too bad we don't have an HA member here who could clear it up for us...
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2024, 03:32 PM   #66
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
That is like...Theo Fleury level insane.

I dont even know what the tiny shred of...whatever...even led to that 'theory' which...calling it a 'theory' I think is generous.

Look. It is no secret that I loathe Trudeau, I think he's an ass clown. But this kind of crap? You can dislike Trudeau for what he's done, nobody needs to make stuff like this up.

This is essentially just baseless slander.
I was about to ask if it was Fleury who said that.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2024, 03:41 PM   #67
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zary's-Mustache View Post
Hells angels would never use some losers land and be so sloppy with their killings.

They are meticulous when they decide they wanna kill someone.
I agree with jayswin...but the only caveat to that might be...would the HA be deliberately sloppy if they were literally just setting up a patsy?

The sloppiness ensures that he'd be caught. If they want to kill some people and its all going to be pinned on some loser? Who cares? But the fact at the end of the day remains...I dont think the HA have anything against young women and/or prostitutes? So it still doesnt make sense.

But either way, now we're pinging things off our tinfoil hats.

Old 06-01-2024, 07:32 PM   #68
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is Trudeau secretly in the HA , and killed all the women ? Makes both rumours true

This sounds like a new rumour we should start
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 09:07 PM   #69
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bs&Cs View Post
I have no idea how you have actually read On the Farm and come to that conclusion. The book literally makes the opposite case- including quotes from the Mounties who claim that his simple farmer act was just that.
Well to be fair it has been about ten years since I read it. I never said he didn’t kill these women, I just think he had help. His brother specifically.
Old 06-01-2024, 09:08 PM   #70
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also, the Mounties and the Vancouver police played a role in why this was able to go on as long as it did. The book does not paint them in a good light.
Old 06-01-2024, 11:40 PM   #71
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
Also, the Mounties and the Vancouver police played a role in why this was able to go on as long as it did. The book does not paint them in a good light.
well it was mostly the Mounties, pretty much everyone knew there was someone out in Poco killing prostitutes, the word was all over the DTES but the Coquitlam detachment ignored all the warnings they got, basically discounted it as the ramblings of crack addicted hookers

One of my foster kids lost an aunt to that scum bag, not sorry to see him dead
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2024, 04:22 PM   #72
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
well it was mostly the Mounties, pretty much everyone knew there was someone out in Poco killing prostitutes, the word was all over the DTES but the Coquitlam detachment ignored all the warnings they got, basically discounted it as the ramblings of crack addicted hookers

One of the ####tiest things about the whole thing is the incompetence and how it got swept under the rug. The police knew for years about various illegal activities going on there, including dog fights, stripping stolen vehicles, and drug dealing. It was also a hang out for Hell's Angels, which I think made the RCMP scared. I am pretty convinced that Robert Pickton wasn't acting alone and other guilty people were let off the hook.
Old 06-02-2024, 05:36 PM   #73
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post

Yeah. I'm not usually an aggressive person but Pickton can eat s### in hell. I dont think anyone will shed any tears over him.

Old 06-02-2024, 09:41 PM   #74
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acey View Post
Likewise. A couple years ago, Canada struck down the ability for people to be given true life in prison for multiple murders, i.e. consecutive life sentences, on the grounds of it being cruel and unusual punishment.

In the politics thread on this very forum I was somehow seen as a weirdo for believing that people who commit heinous crimes should be sentenced to life in prison without the possiblity of parole.
It’s easy to wave the thumb from the high horse.

But it something less or this actually affects you or someone close to you, your perspective changes.

I don’t think we are hard enough on criminals like this. The word parole should not even be brought up at all. Period.
Old 06-02-2024, 09:50 PM   #75
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bs&Cs View Post
Maybe he read Pickton's own book "In his Own Words" the banned book where he claimed innocence and blamed it all on others.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 10:47 PM   #76
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Too bad we don't have an HA member here who could clear it up for us...
So that’s why you had all that clay excavated from your back yard…hmmmm…
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote