Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2024, 05:25 PM   #9321
Language
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default Israel declares war on Hamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
You are so certain that Israel has no desire to kill more than necessary, and you justify that position by saying they could, and haven't, so won't. Let me ask you this, did Hitler go immediately to killing all the Jews, or was it a long process?

My god, you’re a buffoon. You’re literally comparing 6 MILLION (read that again, over and over) Jews being murdered, majority exterminated by gas chambers and shooting, in killing factories that were set up, to somewhere around 20,000 civilian Palestinians being killed in urban warfare. This is based on the estimates that about 50% of those killed (other 20,000) are Hamas terrorists.

Based on all past wars, The UN, EU and other sources estimate that civilians usually account for 80 percent to 90 percent of casualties, or a 1:9 ratio, in modern war. And here we have Israel, at roughly a 1:1 ratio, in arguably the toughest urban warfare conditions that any country has ever seen, due to the extensive tunnel networks and booby traps that Hamas has built, essentially making Gaza one giant terror maze.

But no you’re right, let’s compare this to Hitler and the Holocaust. I can definitely see Israel setting up concentration camps and gassing the Palestinians, until they’re all gone. Have you gone completely mad? The fact you can’t wrap your little head around extremely tough war conditions and genocide is mind boggling. This is the slowest genocide in human history it seems. I guess Israel is just slow playing it like a long process, similar to Hitler.

Every war in history must then be genocide based on your warped mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Language; 09-26-2024 at 05:27 PM.
Language is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2024, 05:28 PM   #9322
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

Quote:
This is based on the estimates that about 50% of those killed (other 20,000) are Hamas terrorists.
Please provide a source for this silliness so we can laugh at you.
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2024, 05:30 PM   #9323
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
You are so certain that Israel has no desire to kill more than necessary, and you justify that position by saying they could, and haven't, so won't. Let me ask you this, did Hitler go immediately to killing all the Jews, or was it a long process?
Yes, I'm certain that Israel doesn't have desire to kill "more than necessary" or simply for the sake of killing. I went to school there and the education was always about striving for peace and living in peace in our country. Moreover Israel is still a democracy, and any such killing wouldn't be supported by the majority, or the legal system in Israel.

You're trying to force a rather tasteless narrative here. The Arab/Muslim citizens of Israel enjoy the same rights as the Jews. You just conveniently forget about them because they decided to join Israel after 1948.

Israel never tried exterminate all the Arab refugees, that then became the Palestinians. There was plenty of time since 1967 to accomplish that. Hitler in contrast was appointed as the chanselor of Germany in 1933 and almost immediately all of Germany's problems were blamed on the Jews. The final solution took 10 years before it started being implemented, but Jews became worse than slaves long before that.
gvitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2024, 05:34 PM   #9324
Language
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
Right little genocides and terrorism denier aren't you?

Yes I am. Yes it is. Sniping at children to be precise.

Answer the question.

You’ll be disappointed if you go and read some history accounts of what soldiers did in WW1 and WW2, when it came to civilians.

Even Canadian soldiers were not immune to taking out some of their misery on civilians, children included, after being in battle for long periods of time. I’ve read the accounts and heard stories. War is terrible. So I guess based on your criteria, Canada is also a genocidal regime, and likely every other country that’s been involved in warfare that’s led to civilian deaths (which greatly outnumbers combatants).

You have literally no critical thinking ability, it’s amazing to behold the stupidity.

Last edited by Language; 09-26-2024 at 05:43 PM.
Old 09-26-2024, 05:41 PM   #9325
Language
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltaGuy View Post
Please provide a source for this silliness so we can laugh at you.

Wikipedia says 17,000 (per IDF sources). And now you’re going to say you can’t rely on IDF sources. Well Hamas said 6,000. So even if you take the average and estimate it at 11,000, that’s still an approximate 1:4 ratio, which is less than half of the average from all other wars, when it comes to civilian vs combatant deaths.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel–Hamas_war

Old 09-26-2024, 05:45 PM   #9326
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
Right little genocides and terrorism denier aren't you?

Yes I am. Yes it is. Sniping at children to be precise.

Answer the question.
Answering the question, would imply that I think that Israel is deliberately killing civilians. I don't! Which is exactly what you're trying to bait.

Here's what the IDF's ethical guidelines have to say:

Quote:
The soldier will not use their weapon or power to harm uninvolved civilians and prisoners and will do everything in their power to prevent harm to their lives, bodies, dignity and property.
If an individual is not following the rules set by the IDF he's dealt with to the full extant of the law. That individual would be using unlawful violence against civilians, but not in the pursuit of political gains, so no I still wouldn't consider him a terrorist, but a criminal.
gvitaly is offline   Reply With Quote