Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2024, 08:13 PM   #1221
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Impressive win to pick up on the road with that lineup!
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Big Chill For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2024, 08:23 PM   #1222
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Last 4 games are against the bottom 4 in the league...

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2024, 10:01 PM   #1223
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

So I attended the game in full Cavs gear. I went with a few friends, and we got some good seats at about the center line of the pitch.

This was about the most harmless, non-threatening stadium atmosphere I've been in so far. The stands actually filled somewhat by the time the whistle blew, and everyone was just chill, relaxed, and friendly (even in enemy territory). I know the supporters section was down on the other side making noise, but it was nothing compared to the 200/201 section of Spruce Meadows (of which I used to attend many games!)

Camargo's goal was a beaut to watch live! I was up and waving the Cavs flags and pointed at other Cavs fans across the stadium, we all knew it was the greatest Camargo goal in a Cavs jersey haha!

Crazy amount of yellow cards being given out. Lots of chippiness, lots of chirping from the benches. Unfortunately I think something happened to Ali Musse's arm. Start of the 2nd half he tweaked it, and he was clutching it regularly afterwards.

After the game Jay Wheeldon went to go shake hands with the York coaching staff and they wouldn't shake hands with him. There seems to be a bit of beef, not sure if that goes back to something else but both Mora and Eustaquio blew him off (from what I could tell).

Got a chance to personally congratulate Tommy, Harms, Shome and Kamdem after the game. I was super impressed with Harms particularly, that kid looks like he's in junior high but he had a field intellect well beyond his age. I think at times he overthinks a bit, but this kid is going to be a baller. And on defense, some homegrown talent is always welcome.

The best part is the as one of the few Cavs fans in attendance, my buddy won the raffle for a signed York jersey. They made the raffle number announcement over the PA system, and he stood up in his red jersey and yelled I WON! You could audibly hear the collective groan from everyone in the stands haha . . . . It was the greatest away game moment I think I've ever seen that wasn't on the pitch.

At the end the fans were allowed to go on the field and kick the ball around. This was advertised you could do, and we were going to play four adults against seven 10 year olds who sat in front of us but wouldn't shut up (they kept hassling Wahling the whole game). They wanted to 'take care of Cavalry on the field themselves' so I said we'd gladly destroy them if they want to lose just like York did. They ran away pretty quick and we got dirty looks from their parents. 10/10 would threaten a beatdown on them again.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2024, 05:14 PM   #1224
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Myer Bevan started and scored for Auckland City today. Crickets from Cavalry, but I would guess his official departure went down at some point between March and now.

Frustrated by another Escalante situation. Player asks to leave the club, club refuses to acknowledge the player's existence after the fact.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1837904904159220100

Old 09-22-2024, 08:08 PM   #1225
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Sure could have used that guy. Oh well. If he doesn't want to be with the Cavs no sense in giving him a huge goodbye.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2024, 08:11 PM   #1226
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think he does have a newborn kid, so it makes sense he wanted to be closer to home
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to agulati For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2024, 12:47 PM   #1227
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tags
cavalry fc , cpl , ftf , soccer