Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2024, 09:35 AM   #15701
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I just don’t think the processes and systems allow front line employees to deal with anything. If it was just ineptitude I’d be way more fine with things, but I have little doubt this isn’t just that. It's conscious decisions from High up to frustrate the customer into relenting. It’s probably a huge money maker to do it, so it makes sense.

Media isn’t gonna care, they have 10000 of these a day they could report on. Small claims court, ya right, you lose way more money time going that route.

We could make the systems seamless for a $20MM capital spend but we actually lose significant revenue doing so, so why would any employee fight to spend that? I wouldn’t.

They use the front line employees as a human shield for their evil crap.

Don’t take it out on the front line employees, what are you thinking? Well, if you gave me someone better to take it out on I would much rather, but since you eliminate that option on purpose, sorry, someone is gonna hear about it and hopefully I have made them quit as my small protest.
fotze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 09:47 AM   #15702
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze2 View Post
I just don’t think the processes and systems allow front line employees to deal with anything. If it was just ineptitude I’d be way more fine with things, but I have little doubt this isn’t just that. It's conscious decisions from High up to frustrate the customer into relenting. It’s probably a huge money maker to do it, so it makes sense.

Media isn’t gonna care, they have 10000 of these a day they could report on. Small claims court, ya right, you lose way more money time going that route.

We could make the systems seamless for a $20MM capital spend but we actually lose significant revenue doing so, so why would any employee fight to spend that? I wouldn’t.

They use the front line employees as a human shield for their evil crap.

Don’t take it out on the front line employees, what are you thinking? Well, if you gave me someone better to take it out on I would much rather, but since you eliminate that option on purpose, sorry, someone is gonna hear about it and hopefully I have made them quit as my small protest.
Sorry dude, AI has made your method obsolete.

Quote:
Good news for call center operators who are worn down by hostile customers with unreasonable demands-artificial intelligence technology can alter angry voices into calm ones.

This should alleviate the tremendous stress of customer interaction on call operators—if AI has not completely replaced their jobs by then.

SoftBank Corp. announced that it has developed voice-altering technology to protect employees from customer harassment.

The goal is to reduce the psychological burden on call center operators by changing the voices of complaining customers to calmer tones.
https://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/15300914
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2024, 10:21 AM   #15703
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I totally know that is happening. They do seem to respond to the C word though. Used to press 0 or pound but now saying they are a C, gets to a real person.

I do t sound angry in tone but the words convey it.
Old 06-12-2024, 01:15 PM   #15704
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Found out my bud died. Everything is worse.
Old 06-13-2024, 12:29 PM   #15705
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Damn. Sorry to hear.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 12:35 PM   #15706
Knut

Exp:

Amazon Customer service is getting worse and worse. Typically you get resolution pretty quickly to something. I had to return something defective that was outside its return window. I had not opened up the box until recently and everything was broken inside.

I call Amazon and they say "no problem" you will get a return label emailed to you. Great !! Call back the next day as no label arrived and get told "the system does not allow us to do that". OK, why did the other guy say it was ok. Escalate to Manager. They tell me that the first guy was wrong and that the system wont allow them to do this, but it seems like an issue on their end. Call back in 48 hrs and try again. Ok. Next manager I talk to says. "yes we can do this" but the "system is still broken". He will personally do the return for me when it is up and running. One more week goes by and I call back again. Get told that all the other guys were wrong and that they cant do anything about it.

Finally, I call back mid-day and get a Manager in Seattle. They tell me "we can not return it as Amazon has now started restricting return labels being printed after a certain period of time". Also that they can no longer issue credit for anything. He escalated up to some Super Manager of some sort who was able to put a credit on the account.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Knut For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2024, 12:51 PM   #15707
you&me
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knut View Post
Amazon Customer service is getting worse and worse. Typically you get resolution pretty quickly to something. I had to return something defective that was outside its return window. I had not opened up the box until recently and everything was broken inside.

I call Amazon and they say "no problem" you will get a return label emailed to you. Great !! Call back the next day as no label arrived and get told "the system does not allow us to do that". OK, why did the other guy say it was ok. Escalate to Manager. They tell me that the first guy was wrong and that the system wont allow them to do this, but it seems like an issue on their end. Call back in 48 hrs and try again. Ok. Next manager I talk to says. "yes we can do this" but the "system is still broken". He will personally do the return for me when it is up and running. One more week goes by and I call back again. Get told that all the other guys were wrong and that they cant do anything about it.

Finally, I call back mid-day and get a Manager in Seattle. They tell me "we can not return it as Amazon has now started restricting return labels being printed after a certain period of time". Also that they can no longer issue credit for anything. He escalated up to some Super Manager of some sort who was able to put a credit on the account.
In your case, I'm sure it was an honest mistake, but can you imagine the BS returns Amazon must deal with? It was only a matter of time before a small subset of losers ruins an otherwise great policy for the rest of us.

Like, FFS, the last time I took something back at Costco, I was behind someone returning 4 rotisserie chickens, which appeared to be partially eaten.
you&me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to you&me For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2024, 01:02 PM   #15708
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Unless it was Amazon brand, aren't you supposed to reach out to the manufacturer if you're outside your return window?

I think Amazon did you a solid in this case even if it was fumbled a bit. Most other retailers would straight up reject finding you a solution if you were outside of the return window, even if it was unopened.
Old 06-13-2024, 01:05 PM   #15709
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Sorry to hear that. Hope you're able to let yourself process it however you need to.
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 01:48 PM   #15710
Knut

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
Unless it was Amazon brand, aren't you supposed to reach out to the manufacturer if you're outside your return window?

I think Amazon did you a solid in this case even if it was fumbled a bit. Most other retailers would straight up reject finding you a solution if you were outside of the return window, even if it was unopened.
It was Amazon Basics fulfilled by Amazon.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Knut For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2024, 01:53 PM   #15711
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It was Amazon Basics fulfilled by Amazon.
Then yeah you're not wrong and they fumbled the situation a bit.
Old 06-13-2024, 02:08 PM   #15712
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Trying to get a medallion signature guarantee is a nightmare. 10 appointments with TD. Finally told me that can’t do it. Phone RBC direct investing where I have a bunch of money. Guy has no idea what I’m asking. Needs to escalate. Weeks of this run around. No o e knows anything.

Marda loop TD is a disgrace.
Old 06-13-2024, 02:30 PM   #15713
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Trying to get a medallion signature guarantee is a nightmare. 10 appointments with TD. Finally told me that can’t do it. Phone RBC direct investing where I have a bunch of money. Guy has no idea what I’m asking. Needs to escalate. Weeks of this run around. No o e knows anything.

I think your expectations of a dinky strip mall TD branch are a little high. Book a day off an camp inside the downtown office until something happens.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 08:53 AM   #15714
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Listening to one of our sales guys complaining this morning about how he had to go golfing again today.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 09:32 AM   #15715
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

fixed

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/td-...ions-1.7193529

Quote:
TD Bank Group could be hit with more severe penalties than previously expected, according to a banking analyst, after a report that the investigation it faces in the U.S. is tied to laundering illicit fentanyl profits.

National Bank of Canada analyst Gabriel Dechaine said in a note that the worst-case scenario of the multiple U.S. investigations TD faces needs reassessing after the Wall Street Journal reported the link on Thursday.

The newspaper said the U.S. Justice Department investigation is focused on how Chinese drug traffickers allegedly used TD to launder at least $653 million US, and bribed TD employees to do so.
I was speaking to someone that works for TD and the potential fine is 4-5 Billion USD

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 09:40 AM   #15716
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Those TD employees should be forced to do cleanup walks through Vancouver's downtown east side. Get a good street level view of what their greed has wrought.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2024, 09:44 AM   #15717
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Those TD employees should be forced to do cleanup walks through Vancouver's downtown east side. Get a good street level view of what their greed has wrought.
Thanked for the use of wrought.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote