Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2024, 09:18 PM   #10881
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't ‘wish nothing but the worst for this kid’. I just hope he has to take up a career far outside of hockey, where the public will have no reason to follow him and he can mind his behaviour like the rest of us.

From where he is now, a quiet average life may seem like the worst, but it's infinitely better than prison time, getting shot by a vengeful victim, or (reaching here) a Biblical plague involving boils or locusts. A lot of people in this world should be so lucky.
Old 09-25-2024, 09:54 PM   #10882
stemit14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Doughty injured tonight. Looked bad. Could see LA being interested in a right shot top four defenceman if it turns out to be a long term injury.
stemit14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stemit14 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2024, 09:55 PM   #10883
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemit14 View Post
Doughty injured tonight. Looked bad. Could see LA being interested in a right shot top four defenceman if it turns out to be a long term injury.
I feel like we could help with that, andersson right now too.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2024, 10:03 PM   #10884
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Random View Post
I don't ‘wish nothing but the worst for this kid’. I just hope he has to take up a career far outside of hockey, where the public will have no reason to follow him and he can mind his behaviour like the rest of us.

From where he is now, a quiet average life may seem like the worst, but it's infinitely better than prison time, getting shot by a vengeful victim, or (reaching here) a Biblical plague involving boils or locusts. A lot of people in this world should be so lucky.

Yes, sorry, to be clear, I don't wish death and pestilence on this kid. Just wish the worst when it comes to his hockey career so that whole incident will have a better chance of fading from existence, and the victim can have a better chance of happiness in her own life.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2024, 10:06 PM   #10885
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
Yes, sorry, to be clear, I don't wish death and pestilence on this kid.
Although it would be highly amusing one day to see a hockey player placed on the IR with a ‘lower body pestilence’.
Old 09-25-2024, 11:58 PM   #10886
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
I feel like we could help with that, andersson right now too.
Sure, I'll take an injury free Alex Turcotte and a couple of other goodies. Calgary would have the greenest blueline in history, though.
Old 09-26-2024, 02:05 AM   #10887
sch19lks
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
Sure, I'll take an injury free Alex Turcotte and a couple of other goodies. Calgary would have the greenest blueline in history, though.
Personally, I have zero interest in Turcotte. Especially as a centrepiece for Andersson
sch19lks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2024, 02:21 AM   #10888
cam_calderon
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Random View Post

If Dillion Dube is still paid to play hockey I'm sure Mailloux will have little trouble putting food on the table as a hockey player.

Tags
e=ng , edmonton is no good