Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2024, 02:13 PM   #6001
stazzy33
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Compare McDavid to Crosby in the Finals:

stazzy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stazzy33 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2024, 02:15 PM   #6002
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
This doesn't look like a camera just happened to catch him 'being a leader', it looks very manufactured. It's been cut and edited.

It also isn't the first video attempting to show him as a leader, there have been several attempts. It just feels like there is a conscious plot to portray him in a certain light. It all just feels weird, and only increases the perceived awkwardness.
Didn't the description of the video literally say it was from an upcoming NHL Prime show (gag).
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2024, 03:30 PM   #6003
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Look, I don't care about McDavid as a leader, or his sad hobo look. I'm enjoying for the moment that the Oilers are getting trashed in the preseason.

Yeah, you heard me.

I know its the preseason, but its the little things you know.

I'm still sticking to my guns that the Oilers are going to be the leagues biggest dissapointment this year, and they'll just miss the playoffs in the last week of the season.

Draisaitl with his new contract and huge money security, by the end of the year, he'll look more like Fat Albert then a pissy faced super store.
Connor will start playing for his new contract elsewhere, ignoring the coach, hogging the ice time, trying to play all the positions on the powerplay.
Nurse will look more like a $1.25 bargain bin broken action figure then a $9 million dollar plus NHL player.
Skinner will vanish over the wall in the middle of the night half way through the season, after the Oilers realize that getting rid of any good defensive presence up front has lead to a nervous twitchy faced mess in net. We will next see Skinner driving a cab in Mexico under the name of Boaty McBoatface, oh and he'll be a serial killer.

By Jan of this year the biggest question won't be, "will the Oilers win the cup?" or "Will they make the playoffs?" but "Can this fricken team add some cleaning staff to this arena the whole place smells like pee".

That is all.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: