View Single Post
Old 08-26-2022, 10:37 AM   #20
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by octothorp View Post
Ah, maybe it's not being talked about generally as much as it is in the circles I follow. Let me explain with an example (using Midjourney):

I send a message to one of these services. I tell it what I want it to draw... suppose for example, I want it to draw a machine-human interface for the creation of artwork (this is an abstract idea, so expect the results to get a little weird). And then I tell it about some visual references, like, say medical illustrations, vintage, and star-wars concept artist Syd Mead. Within seconds, it responds with four ideas for this illustration:

Spoiler!

Maybe I don't like any ideas and I ask it to try again, or I change my instructions, but maybe I like #3, so I ask it to create me a higher-resolution, finished version:

Spoiler!

Now, maybe you want something different. Maybe you want a picture of Jason Kenney at the fuel pump, inspired by byzantine iconography. Again, you can get that in just seconds:

Spoiler!
This was all done on AI?

Holy ####.

That's awesome. I want one as a picture on my wall!!
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote