View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 11:55 PM   #394
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post
What are you talking about.

The Flames weren't penalized once this game. Not once.

Gulutzan insists on playing our third pairing and our fourth line way too many minutes every single game. They are the direct reason we are down 3-0 right now.

Then, add Ellliott's .816 save percentage tonight and you lose 5-4.

The Flames shut it down at the ten minute mark of the second period and started playing their bottom players. The Ducks kept coming.

The Ducks score a ##### goal with less than a minute left in the second, that Elliott needs to have. Then the Flames come out and play our third pairing AND fourth line like idiots until the Ducks eventually tie the game.

If I'm coaching, as soon as that second goal goes in and Elliott looks shaky, thats the last time Bartkowski and Engelland touch the ice. It's the last time the fourth line touches the ice.

I don't give a crap about "energy". The fact is they get dominated every damn time they are on the ice. That's coaching. Not players. Gulutzan is getting dominated by Carlyle this series and it isn't even close.

Watch what happens next series against Edmonton or San Jose. I guarantee that the top players for both of the aforementioned are going to dominate ice time. As they FREAKING SHOULD. ITS THE PLAYOFFS GULLY!!!!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WAITING FOR!!!!!

What are you saving the legs for Gully? You need to make damn sure we win the game. Not leave it up to several fire drills in your own end as a direct result of your player deployment.

People are going to blame certain players this series, that's fine. But I honestly think they are to a large part victims of the circumstances they are put in.

Lets honestly look at our player deployment.

We are playing a 6th dman journeyman (Engelland) and an AHL PTO defenseman (Bartkowski) close to 15 minutes a night. We play our fourth line way too much as well. Combine that, and you give Anaheim way too many opportunities to gain momentum and get back into games.

I put this series on two factors.

1. Getting terrible goaltending.
2. Getting out coached.

Can't have both of those and expect to win. Here's to signing Ben Bishop in the offseason, and launching the third pairing and fourth line into the sun.

If Gulutzan can't figure out how to properly ride his big guns, then he needs to go too.

Great post. Nailed every single point. Gulutzan (who i have supported all year) is being badly out coached.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to calgaryblood For This Useful Post: