Thread: Shaw Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 12:50 PM   #893
RockLicker
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Almost my exact scenario last week except I was only on the line for an hour.

Waiting an hour, or two hours in your case, to talk to a customer that you're trying to retain is hilarious. Almost had me until I listened to the automated message and realized that the "price guarantee" he was giving me was actually a contract with cancellation penalties, which he also totally neglected to mention. They lost me there.

Then some guy "from head office" called me the next day offering me 600mb for $75 a month even though I told the previous guy twice that adding speed was not adding value for me, reducing cost was.

They're bad.
Yeah, the whole threaten to cancel to get the real rate charade was initially what set the wedge for me with Shaw, add to that the ridiculous waits to talk to someone and I'm totally happy to put them in my rearview. Just a heads up though, I had free rental on shaw's modem/router, so obviously that had to be returned. Returned it to the office DT, and thankfully had the foresight to request a return receipt when one was not offered. Of course the person at the desk huffed that I was being a little ridiculous needing her to print out a form.

Like clock work 4 weeks later I receive a letter from shaw stating that I hadn't returned their s####y modem and they were going to send me to collections over a 70 dollar charge.

Cue up another 2 hour adventure to talk to someone with a pulse and get that cleared off my account. Don't even know what recourse I would have had if I'd not requested that return receipt.

F##k you Shaw, never again.
RockLicker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RockLicker For This Useful Post: