View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 12:35 PM   #1649
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
I like Infinity War, I think it's a great fun popcorn flick and it does some things better than TDK. It's certainly more bombastic, has more humor and larger fight scenes. But TDK is a much more grounded and realistic film, it's one of the greatest crime drama's in cinema history, up their with Heat or Goodfellas. TDK is like the complete opposite of IW, I mean look at how the main villain is approached. Heath Ledger gives an oscar winning performance as the Joker just a guy in clown make up. Josh Brolin is completely CGI portraying the mad Titan Thanos.

TDK is a film that will be talked about for the rest of time as being the one that really advanced the superhero film into another level, and I suppose maybe in 10 years we say the same thing about IW. However, everything about TDK is top notch from the amazing director in Nolan, great actors in Bale, Freeman, Ledger, Caine , brilliant practical effects and a perfect score by Hans Zimmer.
So much I disagree with. TDK isn’t even in the same ballpark as Heat or Goodfellas. That’s borderline offensive to me as a movie lover. It also has some glaring issues, as pointed out by another poster, so I won’t list them all. I’ll just reiterate that, much like it’s successor TDKR, it has a totally nonsensical plot.

I also don’t think it represents such a watershed moment for gritty superhero movies. That belongs much more to Batman Begins.

IW also can’t be looked at without considering the other 20 or so movies that tie into the Avengers story. TDK is fairly standalone, despite being a sequel.

They each have their strengths and weaknesses but I’d take Batman Begins or IW any day of the week over TDK or TDKR.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote